ADVERTISEMENT

Clempson fans in Charlotte for Texans vs Panthers

There was more than 'cheering' going on for an old college hero. Taunting Panthers fans while wearing Clempson shirts is just plain weird.
Now you're changing your story to Clemson fans taunting Panthers fans. You didn't mention that in your first post for some reason. I have a guess at what that reason is.

Can the football gods please speed the calendar up a few weeks so that we can talk about the 2017 Gamecock team and season.

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
I don't think you got the context of my post. If preseason is that meaningless; that only increases my statement on Clempson fans being there.
It's who these people are. They are Always in your face 24/7. An obnoxious group of people who think they are above others.

Those Panthers fans have obviously never been to a Braves game against _____ (fill in that blank with just about any northern team, but especially Chicago).

Half the time Braves fans are outnumbered by the opposing team's fans, most of whom probably call metro Atlanta home these days (damn yankees).

Byrd looked good, so did that backup QB.

Watson looked damn good. He's just a natural born football player. Wish he'd played for Gamecocks, and that's the highest compliment I can give a player.

I have fellow Tater fans say the same about Connor Shaw and Lattimore. As much as we hate each other there are some players we realize man we wish we had them.

That's assuming everyone in attendance is actually a fan of one of those teams. People do actually go to pro games to see certain players when they aren't a fan of either team playing. I'd go to a Texans game to see Clowney, but I'm not going to go out and buy Texans gear for it. Honestly, I'd probably wear Gamecock gear as that would stand out more to JDC, if I got a chance to get near him at some point.

Now if I get a chance to see my Redskins this year, DJ will just have to pick me out of the crowd in my Brad Edwards Redskins jersey :cool:.
I would get a Texans Jersey with his number before i would wear a Gamecocks jersey to the game, but hey, that is just me...

I'm not defending the possibility of Gamecocks showing up for a preseason game cheering for an explayer.

With that said, I don't think you would notice that much of a difference in the stadium if Clowney had sacked someone last night.

And to your last point... if Gamecock fans would have shown up in masss to cheer on a team that's not the Panthers; I'm absolutely positive they would have gotten the same response.

Again the point of the thread; lots of Clempson fans showed up to a preseason game and received a negative opinion from a lot of Panther fans.

That's the fact
How many Panther fans are there? About 1000 or so?

I don't see a problem with it at all. You think any of our fans were there cheering for Clowney? I imagine so. If you purchase a ticket I think you should be able to cheer for whoever you want as long as you're not being obnoxious.
Key word here - "obnoxious"! Enough said!!

Now you're changing your story to Clemson fans taunting Panthers fans. You didn't mention that in your first post for some reason. I have a guess at what that reason is.
Oh, do I need to go through a rundown with you on every conversation I had yesterday in exact detail?
I'll make sure I put down how many calories I had for breakfast in lunch to if we are looking for a full write up. :)

I'm not pushing anything. I was just wondering why the opinion of some Panther fans matters in the least to Clemson fans. They're there supporting the guy who won them a national championship. Is it REALLY that weird?
It doesn't really matter. And I have absolutely no problem with them cheering on Watson. He deserves it. What I find weird is that they were cheering him on but being obnoxious enough that Panther fans I know mentioned it to me. You are absolutely right. You can only take what a Gamecock fan says about Clempson with a grain of salt. Non-Gamecock fans talking about Clempson fan's behavior? I'll take more weight in that.

Now I had some NC State/Panther friends that went to the game that told me they had a group of Clempson fans around them actually giving Clempson chants during the game. Yeah, that's weird.

Oh, am I not allowed to say that because it wasn't in my original post?

It doesn't really matter. And I have absolutely no problem with them cheering on Watson. He deserves it. What I find weird is that they were cheering him on but being obnoxious enough that Panther fans I know mentioned it to me. You are absolutely right. You can only take what a Gamecock fan says about Clempson with a grain of salt. Non-Gamecock fans talking about Clempson fan's behavior? I'll take more weight in that.

Now I had some NC State/Panther friends that went to the game that told me they had a group of Clempson fans around them actually giving Clempson chants during the game. Yeah, that's weird.

Oh, am I not allowed to say that because it wasn't in my original post?

Yeah...that's just weird.

Reactions: vehemon
I would get a Texans Jersey with his number before i would wear a Gamecocks jersey to the game, but hey, that is just me...
That's cool. I just can't wear another NFL team's stuff. Well unless it's Broncos, but that's only because Little Man is a diehard Bronco. But it would have to be blue. With minimal orange. :cool:

OP trying to make Panthers fan seem like Steeler fans or Patriot fans. I'd bet almost everyone in that stadium roots for a college team over an NFL team.

OP trying to make Panthers fan seem like Steeler fans or Patriot fans. I'd bet almost everyone in that stadium roots for a college team over an NFL team.
I don't know about that. Charlotte has a lot of people from across the country that came here for banking jobs. There's a lot of people I know around here that truly are die hard Panther/NFL fans and could care less about college football. I tried to drum up some people to come with me to the NC State/USC game in Charlotte this year and the general response from them were 'Meh'.

A friend of mine here is a UNC grad but 99% of his time and money during the fall is spent going to see the Panthers play in Charlotte and various away games.
I work with a bunch of guys from NJ and Minneapolis and I don't think any of them have ever been to a college football game. Some of those same guys go with me to a yearly Vegas trip and they never bet on any Saturday college football games. Always NFL.

That's cool. I just can't wear another NFL team's stuff. Well unless it's Broncos, but that's only because Little Man is a diehard Bronco. But it would have to be blue. With minimal orange. :cool:
My best friend living in Orlando is a diehard Bronco fan.... but he's never been to a Bronco game. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT