ADVERTISEMENT

Clempson to reinstate Track & Field after complaint brings up Clem Football Players driving brand new cars.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
“In the course of settlement negotiations with the school, the athletes’ attorneys put forth a number of potential arguments of disproportionate treatment they were ready to make at trial, which included raising questions about expensive new vehicles that some track athletes said they had witnessed Clemson football players driving around campus.”

DeDibu9VAAAcLuI.jpg

MEH. It's not just Clemson, this has been a on going topic for Alabama for quite a while.
Just google Alabama Football player vehicles.

Reactions: RickMiller
“In the course of settlement negotiations with the school, the athletes’ attorneys put forth a number of potential arguments of disproportionate treatment they were ready to make at trial, which included raising questions about expensive new vehicles that some track athletes said they had witnessed Clemson football players driving around campus.”

Thanks for the article. Wow....super shady move by CU to even eliminate the program under a lie that it was needed for Title IX compliance. It wasnt.

Kudos to these athletes for fighting the school. Looks like their attorneys knew where to hit CU.......the cherished football program. Looks like they could have had bombshell info but it should not be surprising I dont see this story picked up much at all with SC media. If this was all happening at Carolina, it would be daily front page news on The State and the Greenville News.

Thanks for the article. Wow....super shady move by CU to even eliminate the program under a lie that it was needed for Title IX compliance. It wasnt.

Kudos to these athletes for fighting the school. Looks like their attorneys knew where to hit CU.......the cherished football program. Looks like they could have had bombshell info but it should not be surprising I dont see this story picked up much at all with SC media. If this was all happening at Carolina, it would be daily front page news on The State and the Greenville News.
Indeed kudos to these student athletes for speaking out. I have no idea what is going on up there, but even my clem friends say they can’t explain why kids from all over the country are clamoring to go to tater tech to play football . They all enjoy the football team’s success, but they’re waiting for the shoe to fall off poor ole clempson. It’s telling, for sure.

I wish our players were driving nice cars
Most college kids don’t drive new vehicles. My daughter and step daughter drove nice, but not new cars in college, which they drove through high school as well. My son drives a nice but not new truck, and he’s a high school senior headed to college. But they earned their scholarships academically . My wish for the Gamecock football program is to win, through hard work and great coaching.

One reason why I don’t get as upset at results anymore.
You cannot win when schools can get away with the stuff they do.
The NCAA is a feckless mess of an “organization”! They have subjective BS policies, a moronic tool leading a rudderless ship, and absolutely no clue how to build messaging around why college athletes should remain “amateurs”! Why do we even need them? CFB has shown we do not need them for championship purposes at all… to quote Office Space “what would ya say ya DO HERE”?!?

The NCAA is a feckless mess of an “organization”! They have subjective BS policies, a moronic tool leading a rudderless ship, and absolutely no clue how to build messaging around why college athletes should remain “amateurs”! Why do we even need them? CFB has shown we do not need them for championship purposes at all… to quote Office Space “what would ya say ya DO HERE”?!?
The NCAA is nothing but the member Universities. Would you rather have a independent oversight group with no affiliation to the member Universities (that would be sort of like our legislature selecting our BOT) or have governmental oversight.

Reactions: RickMiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT