ADVERTISEMENT

CLEMSON according to Jeff Sagrin's Football Computer Poll......

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Clemson played 1 team in the top 30 all year.

Of the top 25 ranked teams Clemson had the least difficult schedule except for Memphis.

Clemson had the 66th most difficult schedule.

Kings of the mighty acc and state champs but they get no respect from me.

Of the top 25 ranked teams Clemson had the least difficult schedule except for Memphis.

1 permacock70, 29 minutes ago

OP, you’re embarrassing.

Hey Cock, be cool.
Permacock loves USC and wishes ill upon the enemy.
Sounds like the kinda guy you could count on in a scrape.

They suck there gonna tote an ass whipping by them sec tiggers coming up. Big Eds gonna give them a loss for Christmas!!

It funny you say that. Everybody is trying like hell to avoid playing them.

I wouldn’t bet against them. They win, they dance, and their coach is Dat Boy. Idk how but it works.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Zann77
OP, you’re embarrassing.
Not really Cool Cock. He could have pointed out that easy schedules translate to blowout wins. This, in turn, leads to less injuries, more rest for starters and more playing time for backups. This creates quality depth when it is needed against a tough team. There is no question that not having to go through a meat grinder schedule like those teams of the SEC is a huge advantage for them. Unfortunately, it is a perfect storm for Clempson!

...they get no respect from me.
Then you are living in a dream world.

Chances are if Clemson was in the SEC East, they would be playing LSU for the SEC championship.

@mauze1 is right... LSU and OSU are both hoping like hell to get the #1 seed to avoid Clemson in the 1st round.

Clemson may lose in the first round, who knows? But no respect? YGTBSM.

Reactions: Zann77

compared to bama's. Does that make bama less a candidate should they have beaten allbarn?

It’s partially because I’m a Virginia fan, and I’m hoping for the upset, and maybe they don’t go full throttle and get caught up looking beyond this weekend because obviously none of this is new to them. But assuming they make the playoffs (a 99% chance) they will be sharp focused and all gas no breaks, think Ferrari version, not the Moose Yugo GT version where they will beat the holy hell out of LSU, OSU, or Utah. It’s doesn’t matter who it is. If I jinx them, and they lose, I’ll eat 3 plates of crow, and I won’t be sad.

Reactions: 92Pony
Not really Cool Cock. He could have pointed out that easy schedules translate to blowout wins. This, in turn, leads to less injuries, more rest for starters and more playing time for backups. This creates quality depth when it is needed against a tough team. There is no question that not having to go through a meat grinder schedule like those teams of the SEC is a huge advantage for them. Unfortunately, it is a perfect storm for Clempson!

. . . you can bet thar Clem and Dablow sell this ^^^^ item to recruits. Actually, it sells better than membership in the mighty SEC.

EXACTLY,. also allows you to be able to try out different schemes defensively and offensively when you are up 40 on UNNCC, Syracuse and Wofford..

Might not wanna use that argument, since he has them as the #2 program in the country...

Reactions: DocSmith89

So what? They whipped us silly for the 6th straight year.

We are 0-4 against the mighty ACC in our last 4 contests.

Excellent post/points!!
Been saying this for a while myself! Then, you sprinkle a little ostarine on those isolated boo-boos, and you're golden.

Thank you. They benefit from not playing in a meat grinder.

When you get a have a full scrimmage every sat , to prepare for the playoffs you get really good , and yes they score a lot of points . Be interesting how they fare when they get punched or face a real physical team if there is one

Dumbest post of the day. Clemson is the reigning National Champion that blew out Alabama and returned all of the offensive playmakers and the defense is better than last year. What difference does it make what the strength of schedule is? Clemson’s elite no matter who they play. At the beginning of the season some said that USC had the hardest schedule. Did that make them a good team?

Reactions: agantt and FJRTiger
Dumbest post of the day. Clemson is the reigning National Champion that blew out Alabama and returned all of the offensive playmakers and the defense is better than last year. What difference does it make what the strength of schedule is? Clemson’s elite no matter who they play. At the beginning of the season some said that USC had the hardest schedule. Did that make them a good team?
2nd dumbest post.... last year doesnt matter.. If Strength of schedule doesnt matter then why isnt Memphis, Boise st and App state in top ten?? How do YOU know that their defense is better?? Based on That schedule?? Your SOS absolutely should be factored in, that is a ridiculous claim...

Reactions: uscedge21
When you get a have a full scrimmage every sat , to prepare for the playoffs you get really good , and yes they score a lot of points . Be interesting how they fare when they get punched or face a real physical team if there is one

That's is exactly what everyone said last year...just wait til they play ND...wait ND was overrated...wait till they play Alabama...oh Alabama was beaten up from the "meat grinder" schedule...wait until they paly a real physical team....

You are who you are, not who you play.

2nd dumbest post.... last year doesnt matter.. If Strength of schedule doesnt matter then why isnt Memphis, Boise st and App state in top ten?? How do YOU know that their defense is better?? Based on That schedule?? Your SOS absolutely should be factored in, that is a ridiculous claim...

the SOS rates the opponents not the team you are trying to evaluate

the SOS rates the opponents not the team you are trying to evaluate
So had App State beaten Ga Southern (Or whomever they lst too) they should be in Playoffs?? What if Boise State had beaten BYU, should they be in playoffs?? That makes 4... Then what about if Memphis had beaten Temple?? All three were undefeated?? Why would Climpsun get in ahead of them?? Why would LSU get in ahead of them??

ADVERTISEMENT