ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson gets one positive test while all other teams have to shut down?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
I know Lawrence has his own room but how on earth does Clemson only have Trevor Lawrence, leader of the team, get Covid but yet LSU, Mizz, Texas A&M, Maryland, Wisconsin, etc. start with one and it goes crazy and the teams have to postpone games and shut down? I understand it may have been handled well by Clemson but would love to know how they kept exposure to one player and thats it while all these other schools are having a hard time containing it.

Reactions: okccock
Can’t/won’t stop the playoff train. I’m honestly surprised we ever heard about it, but they did have what, 37 cases this summer?
Yes half the team has already tested positive. No contact at practice and positions are kept separate at all times according to an article I read.

I know Lawrence has his own room but how on earth does Clemson only have Trevor Lawrence, leader of the team, get Covid but yet LSU, Mizz, Texas A&M, Maryland, Wisconsin, etc. start with one and it goes crazy and the teams have to postpone games and shut down? I understand it may have been handled well by Clemson but would love to know how they kept exposure to one player and thats it while all these other schools are having a hard time containing it.
I read somewhere (early in the season) that they'd had quite a few cases.

Clemson had many cases in pre-season whenmany on this board were accusing them of trying to infect the players so they wouldn’t miss the season.

Reactions: okccock
As @The Doctors Back said, they had numerous cases pre-season is why I don't think you are seeing a crazy amount from them now.

Also COVID hits/misses. I just got over it two days ago. (I'm 34, and had been around my fiancee and most of my family including my kids, however, none of them came down with it.) Not sure why that's the case.

They had a big outbreak preseason as well, so.. Many of their players may already be immune.

Yes half the team has already tested positive. No contact at practice and positions are kept separate at all times according to an article I read.
It’s my understanding that the group he hangs out with outside of practice was part of the early cluster of positives (my source said they were kinda surprised he didn’t get it back during the Summer). So couple that with the precautions they take with position groups etc and that may explain.

Nothing terribly surprising here. In some families, one member gets it and the others are spared. In others, the whole family gets it. There are plenty of examples of teams in sports where one or 2 players test positive.

Newspring

who in the world cares?!? did they also conspire with all their future opponents to only be healthy on their game weeks?! can we worry about scoring a touchdown first this week? preferably in a second half

Reactions: BeCocky77
I don't understand how Lawrence got to be on the sidelines when he was still under COVID protocol. He can't play, but he can be shoulder to shoulder with every other player on the sidelines? Doesn't make sense to me

I don't understand how Lawrence got to be on the sidelines when he was still under COVID protocol. He can't play, but he can be shoulder to shoulder with every other player on the sidelines? Doesn't make sense to me
He was no longer positive but had not completed the protocol

A lot that happens at clemson never makes sense. Why do so many football players pass up the NFL mega dollars to play another (amature) season at clemson?

He had completed the infectious part of the protocol, so he no longer needed to isolate. But for college athletes, there is also a cardiac testing protocol. That had not been completed, so he was not cleared to play.

How are you feeling man? I caught it a bit over 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping I'm through with the worst of it (just still have fatigue, a headache, and a really nasty cough).

Went back to work Wednesday after being out for 11 days. Have been tired a bunch and have issues breathing still sometimes. Hang in there. Prayers for you brother

Went back to work Wednesday after being out for 11 days. Have been tired a bunch and have issues breathing still sometimes. Hang in there. Prayers for you brother
I hope you continue to feel better. I have a question for you as someone who has had the virus. I realize you are not college age and I don't know anything else about you, but do you expect Lawrence to have a difficult time playing for at least a while? I would think issues breathing would be a concern for any player.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
I hope you continue to feel better. I have a question for you as someone who has had the virus. I realize you are not college age and I don't know anything else about you, but do you expect Lawrence to have a difficult time playing for at least a while? I would think issues breathing would be a concern for any player.

Been 15 days since I was diagnosed with it. All good now. But breathing is still tougher, heart rate is up just a little.
I see him having issues possibly with the same

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT