ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson getting sued in this sad situation.

Originally posted by shmitty:

Why yes I do. If they have a brain and pay attention to what goes on in a very small college town and believe what they are told by those that do it.

This is just stupid. They aren't going to know when and where every event takes place. Carolina doesn't know about every frat/student event that goes on. Georgia doesn't know about everything that goes on. Alabama doesn't know about everything that goes on. A group of kids get together to do something and a school is always going to know about? Sorry, you're being ridiculous, and you know it.

Go read the law suit. Go ask the chick that Clemson fired if she knew. Go ask Clemson when they will put up web cams on those bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Again, you think these frat boys are going to tell the school, but not tell the cops? As far as webcams, not sure the school can just put up webcams on a whim, being that state/county owns the bridge and all.

The lawsuits also claim the fraternity emailed the university asking permission to conduct the pre-dawn run. The suits go on to state that the university did not respond to that email request and that the fraternity brothers took the failure to respond as "acquiescence" and went ahead and held the run.

Explain to me what is so outlandish about having a pre-dawn run? I'm trying to figure out when a pre-dawn run became a red flag for murder. I mean, a group of college kids decides they want to go running in the morning, my first thought would not be, "Gee, they might use this as an opportunity to kill somebody." I'm not sure when that was supposed to be some sort of warning sign.

Again, stop using this kid's death to take shots at a school/football team you don't like. It's obvious what happened. These frat boys started acting dumb, they ended up killing kid (intentional or otherwise), and clammed up because they didn't want to get into trouble. Trying to turn this into a conspiracy theory that the school is trying to cover it up is childish.

Originally posted by topdecktiger:

Why yes I do. If they have a brain and pay attention to what goes on in a very small college town and believe what they are told by those that do it.

This is just stupid. They aren't going to know when and where every event takes place. Carolina doesn't know about every frat/student event that goes on. Georgia doesn't know about everything that goes on. Alabama doesn't know about everything that goes on. A group of kids get together to do something and a school is always going to know about? Sorry, you're being ridiculous, and you know it.

Go read the law suit. Go ask the chick that Clemson fired if she knew. Go ask Clemson when they will put up web cams on those bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Again, you think these frat boys are going to tell the school, but not tell the cops? As far as webcams, not sure the school can just put up webcams on a whim, being that state/county owns the bridge and all.

The lawsuits also claim the fraternity emailed the university asking permission to conduct the pre-dawn run. The suits go on to state that the university did not respond to that email request and that the fraternity brothers took the failure to respond as "acquiescence" and went ahead and held the run.

Explain to me what is so outlandish about having a pre-dawn run? I'm trying to figure out when a pre-dawn run became a red flag for murder. I mean, a group of college kids decides they want to go running in the morning, my first thought would not be, "Gee, they might use this as an opportunity to kill somebody." I'm not sure when that was supposed to be some sort of warning sign.

Again, stop using this kid's death to take shots at a school/football team you don't like. It's obvious what happened. These frat boys started acting dumb, they ended up killing kid (intentional or otherwise), and clammed up because they didn't want to get into trouble. Trying to turn this into a conspiracy theory that the school is trying to cover it up is childish.
Careful. You're talking to a group who has contrived a conspiracy in which the Columbia Police Department (yes, the one in the same town where everyone is all GO CAWKSKSSK) is responsible for the Gamecocks legal woes. The same group who believes that no one talks in small towns like Clemson.

Not sure if you can even reason with that kind of backwards logic.

Topdeck...I read where CU was going to suspend that Fraternity at 5:30 PM the night of the 'fall.' It said that CU had numerous complaints about the fraternity for the first 3 weeks of school. (These are my words...can't remember the wording that was used.) Of course...before this was done...the 'accident' occurred. If someone can prove that CU did have a file of complaints about the fraternity and had not acted on them yet...I do think CU can be faulted. Of course, I am sure they have insurance and the insurance will pay it...and yes, I am sure ALL colleges that have fraternities have problems.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Hick, you mean nothing here. You don't tell anyone what to say or not to say. Do you understand or have you been picking at your lobotomy again? Leave it alone and it will heal….maybe. Now, the best thing for you to do is shut your pie hole and get on taternet with your goofy unbelievable idiocy concerning the DEATH of a HUMAN BEING. I know there are few of those in Hooterville, but a child is DEAD. Do you understand that? I know you people worship rocks, however. May God have mercy on your sick, demented soul.

This post was edited on 4/1 7:44 PM by slingshot22

Originally posted by dangerouslyjonny:

Careful. You're talking to a group who has contrived a conspiracy in which the Columbia Police Department (yes, the one in the same town where everyone is all GO CAWKSKSSK) is responsible for the Gamecocks legal woes. The same group who believes that no one talks in small towns like Clemson.
WTF?

If you just compared the state capital's police dept to the Barney Fife clones on CU's campus...I'd say that qualifies you for immediate ban on Rivals, the dumbest human in the state of SC, and put you in the qualifying rounds of dumbest poster in the history of the internet.

I just hope this lawsuit cost CU enough that they take down their ignorant billboards on the interstates of being the "highest rated" universities in the state of SC, which is a total farce. And that's not to "cheapen" the death of a young man that lost his life at the hands of a group of idiots...it's to stop that profound university from "cheaping" the system of higher education that I help fund every day of my life.

Everyone in the state with half a brain knows why they started forking out $$$ for those billboards...but people traveling through the state don't. That's the only reason I wish this story would go nationwide.

Topdecktiger never had a kid die at Clemson. Can you tell?

Those web cams will be up before 2016. I think they have one on Howard's rock now because well.. that's a important priority.

Tell me this, do local banks in Clemson have webcams? If so, why?

I just hope this lawsuit cost CU enough that they take down their ignorant billboards on the interstates of being the "highest rated" universities in the state of SC, which is a total farce.

The most important billboard in Clemson SC is currently this one.

7056273_G.jpg

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:
Originally posted by slingshot22:
I get sick when I even think of that school since that happened. They pretend to be so goody goody. They are trash. It should be on television.
Let's not be casting stones. USC is not immune from fraternity member deaths either.
I don't cast stones. I deal in reality. The reality is there is a young man, a good one with an excellent high school resume, Boys State Rep, etc. who has been KILLED. His Mother will never see her son's face again, she will never be able to hug him, to tell him she loves him……she will never smell the scent of that baby boy she gave birth to ever again. She will never be able to look into his eyes showing him how proud she was of him. No matter what you think, her life is over. She will go through the rest of her life with her boy always in her heart and mind. That is the kind of pain that never ends. Time does not heal wounds like this one. Words can sometimes soften the hurt, but a part of herself is gone from her forever. I know young people get into dangerous situations, but this was avoidable and I believe that the guys who are responsible will be met with a fate much worse. As I've said so many times before, I would never allow my daughters into that hall of hell in the Upstate. The Klempson Keysone Kops can mess up a crime scene or change one as fast as Rats eating cheese. Either that, or they get fired and I'd submit a large bonus for following "orders". So, "this happens everywhere" "all the time". Maybe so, but this happened to a young man named Tucker Hipps, not just another student, one unique living breathing soul. Don't cheapen his life with "he was just a frat boy". He was a living breathing only child of a living breathing Mom and Dad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT