ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson hates(dislikes) us more than we hate them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
It's a fact. Their athletic department puts a much higher premium on beating us. They have a greater sense of urgency, drive, and dededication than we do. Their players want to beat our player more than our players look wanna beat them. Their coaches have more disdain towards our coaches than ours do them.

This tweet is a prime example. There is no way our Athletic department would tweet something this disrespectful toward clemson.. But clemson will and did so today.. Maybe our Atheltic Department should take a page from their book?

I don't mean "hate" in the literal form.

Last edited:
They don't hate USC as much as I hate them. The faux-holiness and religion schtick and their Wal-Mart bandwagon fans just reinforce it on a regular basis.

Reactions: KeoweeTiger09
It's a fact. Their athletic department puts a much higher premium on beating us. They have a greater sense of urgency, drive, and dededication than we do. Their players hate our player more than our players hate them. Their coaches have more disdain towards our coaches than ours do them.

This tweet is a prime example. There is no way our Athletic department would tweet something this disrespectful toward clemson.. But clemson will and did so today.. Maybe our Atheltic Department should take a page from their book?

Lmao. Here we go again with the hate conspiracy! Stupid play and especially a lost head coach cost us a sweep over a team that is good but not great in any means.

It's a fact. Their athletic department puts a much higher premium on beating us. They have a greater sense of urgency, drive, and dededication than we do. Their players hate our player more than our players hate them. Their coaches have more disdain towards our coaches than ours do them.

110% accurate

Our athletic department always tries to be political correct. None of the coaches, or President or faculty knows what it feels like as a fan to lose to those clowns or have to interact daily with them. Also, Clemson looks at us as their big brother, and it makes them try harder and want to beat us more. Let's face it, we always seem to downplay them, or think we can beat them at anything if we just walk out on the court, or playing field. Except in women's basketball, it doesn't work like that.

Never mind those other posts. They don't get it. I have been raised around Clempson folks my whole life and this post is completely true. If anyone doubts it then spend 1 hour listening to WCCCP and you'll be shocked that anyone in the world has that much hate and animosity toward a school and a fan base than they do. Everyone from the athletic department to the coaches to the players to the radio station to the common fan is unhinged.

Agree. And all the talk about winning a conference is useless if you cant beat Clem. If the team is not good enough to beat Clem then the team in not good enough to win in the SEC. Plain and simple. Furthermore to all the apologists out there.....show a little pride. Will we beat them in every sport every year, no, but getting embarrassed in the big three of the man's major sports for several years now is sad.

Nah, on Twitter, our athletic department prefers to act like a diaper-wearing cuckold and congratulate Clem on their successes. Ray Tanner and Chad Holbrook can take take a three hour tour as far as I'm concerned. If Chad doesn't make it Omaha this year, he needs to go.

The university is more concerned with opening a second medical school and redoing the original medical school. They are all about building that campus. Athletics is not a top priority.

If you are honest the rivalry has gone clempsons way the past 3 years. Prior to that our way for 5 mostly at football, hoops, and baseball. They got sick of it and did something about it. Time for us to punch back.

Reactions: Holy City Cock
I truly wish people would throw this stuff right in the face of Tanner, Pastides, & any other influential person in Carolina athletics.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Our athletic department always tries to be political correct. None of the coaches, or President or faculty knows what it feels like as a fan to lose to those clowns or have to interact daily with them. Also, Clemson looks at us as their big brother, and it makes them try harder and want to beat us more. Let's face it, we always seem to downplay them, or think we can beat them at anything if we just walk out on the court, or playing field. Except in women's basketball, it doesn't work like that.
I'm really hoping you are only talking about baseball and maybe women's basketball. No way Clemson looks up to SC in any way otherwise. Football program and history doesn't even begin to match Clemson's history. In Baseball, SC has two national Championships which is what they have on Clemson. Clemson actually leads the all time series in baseball, but the two national championships out weigh that (as they should). Clemson wants to beat SC bc it is their rival. All rivals want to beat one another. If SC downplays Clemson then that is completely absurd. What ground would they have to stand on to do so? Seriously be honest, in what universe could a program consistently beat you and you think that you are so far better that you overlook them? Again, I'm hoping you were talking about just baseball and women's basketball bc there I could entertain a debate. Otherwise, there are no facts to support Clemson looking up to Carolina as their big brother.

Clemson trolls us on Twitter to the highest level.

Our Twitter account congratulates them on winning the national championship.

Let that sink in.

Reactions: vehemon
Islander nailed it... They don't hate us more. They hate losing to us more.

They look at us as an inferior program and expect to beat us in everything. They think losing to us unacceptable and will use whatever means necessary to make sure it doesn't happen. We do not have that mentality.

You're right - while we do "hate" them it's not the obsession they have with us! Our athletic department wants to play down the rivalry & push the SEC. We ALL know the SEC is our goal - that's obvious for championships, etc. - but our hated/heated rival is as much or more important to the fans because this is who we live with AND, in spite of what some fans want to claim, it DOES help with recruiting (especially in-state)! Until we make it a priority we'll suffer through many more of these days (we had the most talent this weekend with the higher ranking - NO reason to have lost this series - should've swept), which makes them laugh and we have to take it. Monty Lee knows the importance & coached like it. Chad knows it but apparently can't coach them ( I know he can't develop hitters - that's HIS job & we STILL leave way too many stranded runners on base - with that these bone-headed coaching decisions wouldn't be so huge)! Time for our athletic department to wake up - same as the football score in Nov. They need to make SURE these things don't ever happen again under their watch! Boosters need to keep pushing & not accepting - it's up to us! This is NOT acceptable!

Reactions: Holy City Cock
Hmmmmm.
Well, you have to define what it is that I actually hate…

Even though I spend an inordinate amount of time playing attention to it, Sports isn’t really that big a deal in the larger scheme of things. Sure, it makes money, which can and does magnify its importance. But honestly, the only time I really care about how many times Clemson has beaten USC is when I use that stat to torment a USC fan.

I don’t hate USC fans. I have many friends who pull for USC.

I don’t hate USC players/staff. The staff is trying to make a living and the players are just playing. It’s all good. I don’t want them fired/hurt/dismissed ectc

I don’t hate the school. I worked on the capitol grounds for a decade and spent many a lunch hour on the horse shoe. It’s a beautiful place.

BUT I do hate USC’s teams (whatever sport). I always want them to lose. I actually thought that I hated UNC and FSU MORE, but when USC faced FSU in the bowl game a few years ago, I found myself rooting for FSU. Ditto when USC was playing UNC. I think that if USC was playing ISIS, I’d dress my wife in a burka, wrap a towel around my head, start banging my head on the floor and mumbling about Allah.

That’s part of why I’m over here checking things out… I LIKE it that you are down (especially in football). Things won’t always be this way (see the 5 game Streak), so you have to stop by and appreciate the despair while you can.

I suspect many USC fans feel the same, just in reverse.

Hate is overrated, we had men on base the whole game yesterday and only scored 3 runs.

Nah, on Twitter, our athletic department prefers to act like a diaper-wearing cuckold and congratulate Clem on their successes. Ray Tanner and Chad Holbrook can take take a three hour tour as far as I'm concerned. If Chad doesn't make it Omaha this year, he needs to go.
I think we have finally reached this point. No Omaha. No 2018.

Clemson trolls us on Twitter to the highest level.

Our Twitter account congratulates them on winning the national championship.

Let that sink in.

100% truth.

My how times have changed...it wasn't so long ago that many fans were complaining that we put too much emphasis on beating Clemsux instead of competing in the SEC.

Not me. Beating Clem is priority #1 in everything. EVERYTHING!

My how times have changed...it wasn't so long ago that many fans were complaining that we put too much emphasis on beating Clemsux instead of competing in the SEC.
You NEVER got that from me! Not once! I do agree many did think too much emphasis was on beating Clemson (again, which I never thought - it ALWAYS should have emphasis IMO). Don't know if it's the same folks or not but I'll never understand any Gamecock wanting to de-emphasis it's importance not only to the fans but recruiting, etc.!

Reactions: SliderUSC
@LazyIslander @RaleighGC There are messages in small print at different places throughout the picture. Each one tells you the next place to move to. These are big on twitter/social media now.

This picture happens to be all of the scores from the arse whuppings we have taken from them this year.

If you are honest the rivalry has gone clempsons way the past 3 years. Prior to that our way for 5 mostly at football, hoops, and baseball. They got sick of it and did something about it. Time for us to punch back.

Clemson didn't so much do anything about it. It was more what Spurrier did.

@LazyIslander @RaleighGC There are messages in small print at different places throughout the picture. Each one tells you the next place to move to. These are big on twitter/social media now.

This picture happens to be all of the scores from the arse whuppings we have taken from them this year.

I hope they stop with the small print and use large font. Then maybe some at the country club will get it

What is the "check home plate" imply?
Zoom into home plate. It has a score. Then it will tell you to check somewhere else and it will have a score. At the end it's 56-7. It was a social media trend a week ago.

So when we beat them, we have more hate ? Come on its ridiculous.

So when we beat them, we have more hate ? Come on its ridiculous.
When we beat them our Atheltic Department doesn't do diresprcful things like they do. We just post the score.

When clemmons won the NC we congradulated them. When clemmons beats us they punk us on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT