ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is cycling out

There were clearly 3 teams better than anyone else in the country this year. They beat one of them, OSU, the #3 team in the country and played LSU as good as anyone (except All-barn's defense). If that's getting "exposed", then I'd take it.
Texas, , Alabama, Auburn, Florida. all played them closer

Reactions: bc_cock
Auburn, yes. The others, not really. First, LSU wasn't healthy for most of those games on the defensive side of the ball. Second, there were other factors there. It was basically a homegame for LSU (I did think it was strange that the LSU band was allowed to play during plays in the second half). There were some bad calls that erased two Clemson touchdowns (they still would have lost, but it would have been closer). Their second best defender was ejected and LSU was given a touchdown because of that stupid targeting rule (but it was targeting since he led with his head, even if he hit the receiver in the chest) and two defensive players were out or hurt (and Higgins was beat up). I think LSU was better than Clemson that night, but its stupid to say Florida, Alabama, and Texas's garbage time points somehow meant they played LSU closer.
Whatever dude.. Alabama lost by a touchdown.. silly... LSU could have made it a 4 score game against y'all if they hadn't taken a knee... Clemson played LSU 5th best and that's being generous.

Auburn, yes. The others, not really. First, LSU wasn't healthy for most of those games on the defensive side of the ball. Second, there were other factors there. It was basically a homegame for LSU (I did think it was strange that the LSU band was allowed to play during plays in the second half). There were some bad calls that erased two Clemson touchdowns (they still would have lost, but it would have been closer). Their second best defender was ejected and LSU was given a touchdown because of that stupid targeting rule (but it was targeting since he led with his head, even if he hit the receiver in the chest) and two defensive players were out or hurt (and Higgins was beat up). I think LSU was better than Clemson that night, but its stupid to say Florida, Alabama, and Texas's garbage time points somehow meant they played LSU closer.
The Florida game wasn't garbage points.... There was actually a blown call, you obviously don't watch the games.... So don't comment if you don't know any better .....

They are not cycling out though ,75% of their roster isfreshman and sophomores and they have goldilocks one more year.I don't believe that DJ Ugaleile or whatever his name is thats coming in, will be quite as good but best believe with that #1 recruiting class they just signed and future classes they will be a threat for the playoffs for the next 3-6 years at least until and if Mike Norvell can or will get FSU back near the top
I don't think 75% is close to accurate. I keep hearing Dabeaux referring to 120 players as well. Anything over 85 doesn't really matter. Dabeaux spin at its finest.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don't think 75% is close to accurate. I keep hearing Dabeaux referring to 120 players as well. Anything over 85 doesn't really matter. Dabeaux spin at its finest.

54 scholarship players were freshmen/sophomore (63% of 85). You can count for yourself (maybe) for the full roster of 119 (120 is Dabo’s typical in-season cap): https://clemsontigers.com/sports/football/roster/

Here’s a little learning for why the 34 walk-on players matter: 9 of the scholarship players for this year are former walk-ons and one would have been anywhere else. Quite different from UGA, right?

54 scholarship players were freshmen/sophomore (63% of 85). You can count for yourself (maybe) for the full roster of 119 (120 is Dabo’s typical in-season cap): https://clemsontigers.com/sports/football/roster/

Here’s a little learning for why the 34 walk-on players matter: 9 of the scholarship players for this year are former walk-ons and one would have been anywhere else. Quite different from UGA, right?
UGA had 68% frosh/sophs this year. We were the youngest team in the SEC again... and we played a tough schedule.
The 34 walk-ons still doesn't matter in the big picture. Every school has them. When a walk-on makes a real impact, he's the exception not the rule.
Don't get me wrong, I love the heart and dedication of all walk-on players. Here's to hoping every single one of them is recognized and ultimately rewarded for their perseverance and hard work on the field and in the classroom.

Btw, do you know where Brice is transferring to? (Serious question... not being snarky)

UGA had 68% frosh/sophs this year. We were the youngest team in the SEC again... and we played a tough schedule.
The 34 walk-ons still doesn't matter in the big picture. Every school has them. When a walk-on makes a real impact, he's the exception not the rule.
Don't get me wrong, I love the heart and dedication of all walk-on players. Here's to hoping every single one of them is recognized and ultimately rewarded for their perseverance and hard work on the field and in the classroom.

We don’t take transfers or JUCOs, so when scholarships open up we have to fill them with walkons. Filling them is a requirement to use the mid-year rule. We also don’t oversign and then run players off, so there must be another five or so transfers or retirements coming.

I calculated 58% for Georgia btw, counting only scholarship players.

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
What??? Do y'all even pay attention to your own player news.. Crazy

Your gig is getting old. If there is one person on this board who knows how to talk smack but not offer anything of value, it's you. Calling anyone and everyone a tater gets old. Im honestly pretty sure that you are just a tater yourself and trolling everyone here. So congrats dude, you've infiltrated our board and you were so believable while doing it.

Find something else to do with your life now.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Your gig is getting old. If there is one person on this board who knows how to talk smack but not offer anything of value, it's you. Calling anyone and everyone a tater gets old. Im honestly pretty sure that you are just a tater yourself and trolling everyone here. So congrats dude, you've infiltrated our board and you were so believable while doing it.

Find something else to do with your life now.
My gig is getting old.. huh. Did I call someone a tater.. I missed that. Can you please show me.. I simply said his information on his own player is wrong.. If it bothers you, you find something better to do. Me, I'm going to continue to have good conversation and debate with the posters on here who like to do just that and who care about the team. Are you a Tiger fan? I'm very polite and have good discussions with other Tigers on this board (tigertom, clemdent) but I will call foolishness out when need be.. Again , are you a Tiger fan.

Reactions: tigertomreed

Interesting. I knew Georgia was young, but not that young. I guess one of the biggest differences between the two teams next year is the QB. Lawrence played poorly in the title game, but is definitely special. It will be interesting to see how the Wake Forest QB does at Georgia. Lord knows we all love to make fun of Wake Forest, but they were a decent team this year and that QB is talented. He went toe to toe with Michigan St. Inspite of not having his best WR due to injury and no real running game, which he will certainly have at Georgia.

There were clearly 3 teams better than anyone else in the country this year. They beat one of them, OSU, the #3 team in the country and played LSU as good as anyone (except All-barn's defense). If that's getting "exposed", then I'd take it.

And Florida, the gators played them better and at LSU.

And Florida, the gators played them better and at LSU.
Maybe....LSU scored the same amount (and it was home field for both games) against UF they did against the taters, but never held them to a 3 and out.
Offensive difference is UF scored 3 more points (28 vs 25), but that was long before Aranda got his defense fixed. If they plated again at season end, doubt UF would've put up 14 points. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Btw, do you know where Brice is transferring to? (Serious question... not being snarky)
I suspect it will be like Feaster. No clear cut signals until he graduates in May. There is obvious speculation about South Florida but other than that nothing being rumored. The biggest plus with him is that he has two years of eligibility left.

I suspect it will be like Feaster. No clear cut signals until he graduates in May. There is obvious speculation about South Florida but other than that nothing being rumored. The biggest plus with him is that he has two years of eligibility left.

It’s different. Feaster we thought should come back and would play plenty. Chase, we know should be a starter somewhere and won’t play much if he stays. He’ll need to announce sooner than later because the transfer portal is bulging at the seams.

Reactions: Cocky 45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT