ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is now

Oh Gawd please stop. I come to this forum to have my views and beliefs challenged. I can get sunshine pumped up my rear over on our forum.
That's funny!!! But personally I think USC needs to go back to trying to win the East. That should be our measuring stick. Clemson is on a roll right now and I think Carolina needs to control what they can control and not worry about Clemson so much. It's one game a year and unless we are 11-0 or 10-1 going into the game it doesn't really matter that much. Other than the fans getting bragging rights. Just my opinion.

That's funny!!! But personally I think USC needs to go back to trying to win the East. That should be our measuring stick. Clemson is on a roll right now and I think Carolina needs to control what they can control and not worry about Clemson so much. It's one game a year and unless we are 11-0 or 10-1 going into the game it doesn't really matter that much. Other than the fans getting bragging rights. Just my opinion.

Evidence of the need for a "dislike" option.

the measuring stick for us.
CLEMSON , CLEMSON, CLEMSON,CLEMSON. Please BAMA whip their little Orange colored asses so maybe this crap will end. Our own posters are getting to be worse than the Tiger fans bragging on Swinney and company. We don't give a damn about Clemson and their little run nor are we behind them in any aspect other than a couple recruiting classes and an OC.

Reactions: wolverine 2
When was Clemson NOT our measuring stick? If we can't win the state championship, we'll never win the National Championship.
Well bud if we win the state championship we would be able to win the national championship. They are on par with Bama like it or not. We have only been close to getting to that point 4 times in our history. Better chance of Clemson coming back to our level than us getting to their level. Just being realistic. History backs up my argument

Reactions: flyfisher29640
CLEMSON , CLEMSON, CLEMSON,CLEMSON. Please BAMA whip their little Orange colored asses so maybe this crap will end. Our own posters are getting to be worse than the Tiger fans bragging on Swinney and company. We don't give a damn about Clemson and their little run nor are we behind them in any aspect other than a couple recruiting classes and an OC.
O.O... >.>
Ok. Not behind Clemson one bit...

Wow.

I don't have words right now.

Really? How do you compare with their facilities/HC/DC/talent development/etc/etc???

That wasn't their philosophy, it just worked out like that.
Didn't Spurrier teach y'all anything? Don't make the game bigger than it is. Try to win the East and the SEC and Clemson will take care of it self. Look how we played this year, tight and outta control with stupid penalties. Clemson took a business like attitude. And yes I also Know Spurrier left us in a mess but he knew how to beat Clemson.

Didn't Spurrier teach y'all anything? Don't make the game bigger than it is. Try to win the East and the SEC and Clemson will take care of it self. Look how we played this year, tight and outta control with stupid penalties. Clemson took a business like attitude. And yes I also Know Spurrier left us in a mess but he knew how to beat Clemson.
No, he didn't teach me that other things were more important than a 100-year-plus instate rivalry. I'm glad he didn't. He won one of those coveted divisional championships - with a 5-3 record, and then got shelled in Atlanta and Atlanta again in the bowl. So what was i supposed to learn again?

Reactions: VirgilCaine
No, he didn't teach me that other things were more important than a 100-year-plus instate rivalry. I'm glad he didn't. He won one of those coveted divisional championships - with a 5-3 record, and then got shelled in Atlanta and Atlanta again in the bowl. So what was i supposed to learn again?
That how to beat Clemson is by winning the East and trying to win the SEC. That was his goal and the by product was we beat Clemson 5 yrs in a row. I can't be any clearer.

Question? what in my previous post wasn't true

Success like Clemson is having is the goal and we have 2 final 4 teams on our schedule to measure our team against on the field. I think we play Georgia in September so an early season measurement in a home game will occur. Then we have our end of year measurement to finish the regular season. One game we should be healthy and hopefully we are for the last, unlike this year.

Really? How do you compare with their facilities/HC/DC/talent development/etc/etc???
-
Quite well. Williams Brice is as good as Clemson Memorial with a much better scoreboard. Our indoor practice facility is actually a little larger than Dabo's. They brag about their Football OP center, ours will be ready this coming season and just as nice, we have new practice fields, they don't. Mushhamp has a support staff just as large as Swinney's. Our Coaches with the exception of Roper are as good as Clemson's. It took Swinney and his coaches 10 years to get where they are. Lets see how our staff comperes after just three more years. Don't be so awed by Clemson and the playoffs. Eventually we will equal or exceed them just like we are in every other sport.

-
Quite well. Williams Brice is as good as Clemson Memorial with a much better scoreboard. Our indoor practice facility is actually a little larger than Dabo's. They brag about their Football OP center, ours will be ready this coming season and just as nice, we have new practice fields, they don't. Mushhamp has a support staff just as large as Swinney's. Our Coaches with the exception of Roper are as good as Clemson's. It took Swinney and his coaches 10 years to get where they are. Lets see how our staff comperes after just three more years. Don't be so awed by Clemson and the playoffs. Eventually we will equal or exceed them just like we are in every other sport.

The single most important aspect of college football today is coaching. Get the coach and you get the results. The best indicator of future successes is the past and I'm not confident in Muschamp's abilities based on what he's done up to this point. Let's put it this way: I'm not so sure Vegas would bet on him to turn out any conf or national championships.

Well bud if we win the state championship we would be able to win the national championship. They are on par with Bama like it or not. We have only been close to getting to that point 4 times in our history. Better chance of Clemson coming back to our level than us getting to their level. Just being realistic. History backs up my argument
I'm in total agreement with you here. I was just saying that Clemson is the standard that we measure ourselves against. If they beat us, we aren't the best team in the state.

Reactions: wolverine 2
We're not even playing the same "game" , the way I remember it is that they were out on the recruiting trail busting their a$$es and out working everyone else, they were being innovative in their approach by using social media and creating a new recruiting model for the 21st century. They were also actively recruiting, poaching and paying the best Coordinators in college football....oh yeah, and upgrading their football infrastructure to the point of being the new standard in college football. Was that your point?

So you don't think Boom and company are out recruiting their a$$es off? He was out on the trail the day he got hired! We are improving our stadium, surrounding area and football facilities. No it may not be a playground that others have built but it is state of the art for making our football team better. We are now number 1 in social media thanks to Tanner hiring Justin King, the best media person in the country. Muschamp hired some of the best recruiters in the nation to begin with. Check their recruiting stats. We are a young team that has overachieved both years Muschamp has coached, and we are doing it in the SEC!!! I believe this staff is doing everything they can (the right way) to win championships! That is my point!!!!

Reactions: Coppertopp
I'm in total agreement with you here. I was just saying that Clemson is the standard that we measure ourselves against. If they beat us, we aren't the best team in the state.

True, gotcha!

You care enough about them to post on their opponents' boards...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT