ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is now

Screw them. Screw the rivalry. Win the division. That was their philosophy. It cost them 5 in a row but look at what it got them.
So you're saying that they sacrificed five straight losses to us to gain the National Championship, as if there were a linear relationship there? Astounding.

That's funny!!! But personally I think USC needs to go back to trying to win the East. That should be our measuring stick. Clemson is on a roll right now and I think Carolina needs to control what they can control and not worry about Clemson so much. It's one game a year and unless we are 11-0 or 10-1 going into the game it doesn't really matter that much. Other than the fans getting bragging rights. Just my opinion.
i think we have a handful on here that worry way too much about clemson but all that matters is what the team and staff do

So you don't think Boom and company are out recruiting their a$$es off? He was out on the trail the day he got hired! We are improving our stadium, surrounding area and football facilities. No it may not be a playground that others have built but it is state of the art for making our football team better. We are now number 1 in social media thanks to Tanner hiring Justin King, the best media person in the country. Muschamp hired some of the best recruiters in the nation to begin with. Check their recruiting stats. We are a young team that has overachieved both years Muschamp has coached, and we are doing it in the SEC!!! I believe this staff is doing everything they can (the right way) to win championships! That is my point!!!!

I think he's recruiting hard as he can, he's just not having the success we need. I have checked out their recruiting stats....not good. We are still catching up in the social media department, we got into that about 5 years late. I love our facilities, but I'm a 50 yr old white dude, I have no idea what 17 yr old AA kid thinks when he sees it and I don't think RT does either. The biggest problem we have in recruiting is a boring offense, we must make change there to take the next step

I think he's recruiting hard as he can, he's just not having the success we need. I have checked out their recruiting stats....not good. We are still catching up in the social media department, we got into that about 5 years late. I love our facilities, but I'm a 50 yr old white dude, I have no idea what 17 yr old AA kid thinks when he sees it and I don't think RT does either. The biggest problem we have in recruiting is a boring offense, we must make change there to take the next step
I have to disagree with you on recruiting. I'm not sure where you are getting your stats but T-Rob, McClendon, Muschamp and Thompson are some of the best recruiters in the nation. A few have been regarded as the top 5 to 10 recruiters in the nation.
I will agree though that for us a flashier offense would definitely help in recruiting.

I'm saying they got their priorities right and the rest took care of itself.
How many SEC teams do you think we would be able to beat by developing a team that can beat theirs? Using them as a benchmark works when they are among the very best programs in the country, which is now. And with that in mind, it becomes advantageous to develop a team that can beat the rival most years. Parenthetically, they have only been able to handle us recently because of the decline of our own program at least as much the ascendancy of theirs. Win as many games as you can, but don't deemphasize the in-state 100-year rival. The team that is owned by its rival and its fanbase are always under a shadowy cloud.

How many SEC teams do you think we would be able to beat by developing a team that can beat theirs? Using them as a benchmark works when they are among the very best programs in the country, which is now. And with that in mind, it becomes advantageous to develop a team that can beat the rival most years. Parenthetically, they have only been able to handle us recently because of the decline of our own program at least as much the ascendancy of theirs. Win as many games as you can, but don't deemphasize the in-state 100-year rival. The team that is owned by its rival and its fanbase are always under a shadowy cloud.
I get what you're saying, I'm just thinking we start with the easier task.

Reactions: king ward
So you don't think Boom and company are out recruiting their a$$es off? He was out on the trail the day he got hired! We are improving our stadium, surrounding area and football facilities. No it may not be a playground that others have built but it is state of the art for making our football team better. We are now number 1 in social media thanks to Tanner hiring Justin King, the best media person in the country. Muschamp hired some of the best recruiters in the nation to begin with. Check their recruiting stats. We are a young team that has overachieved both years Muschamp has coached, and we are doing it in the SEC!!! I believe this staff is doing everything they can (the right way) to win championships! That is my point!!!!
#1 in social media? That's a neat stat. Where's it from?

The single most important aspect of college football today is coaching. Get the coach and you get the results. The best indicator of future successes is the past and I'm not confident in Muschamp's abilities based on what he's done up to this point. Let's put it this way: I'm not so sure Vegas would bet on him to turn out any conf or national championships.
Shocking. With no talent, (at least that's what all the media experts and 2/3 of this board said about our players when Muschamp took over) he took a 3 win program and this his second year finishes 8-4 (ONCE AGAIN WITH NO TALENT) after getting bowl eligible last season. Should have a top 15 recruiting class when all commits sign by 2/18. Just what is your idea of success in the two years following Spurrier's departure leaving the cupboard so bare? Would like to hear your idea of a plan for success the last two years. Bet it is sheer fantasy.

Oh Gawd please stop. I come to this forum to have my views and beliefs challenged. I can get sunshine pumped up my rear over on our forum.

Wow you've been coming over here to get your views and beliefs challenged. You've been at it for so long too. Almost 9 full days. Just so the trip over won't be a complete loss, your head coach blows and your team will go back to mediocrity when Venables gets a head coaching job somewhere. If Alabama beats you, the media will jump off the bandwagon at the speed of light.

Reactions: Godfather4CU
I have to disagree with you on recruiting. I'm not sure where you are getting your stats but T-Rob, McClendon, Muschamp and Thompson are some of the best recruiters in the nation. A few have been regarded as the top 5 to 10 recruiters in the nation.
I will agree though that for us a flashier offense would definitely help in recruiting.

I'm getting stats from Rivals TEAM recruiting rankings, we are currently 22, which puts us 6th in the SEC (and UF is having an uncommonly poor year, this will change soon) worst than the poor ranking is that we have failed to meet our needs at DE. Last year we finished 16th overall and 7th in the SEC. We are losing ground every year to the top SEC programs and to Clemson. We got to finish better than the bottom half of the SEC to close the gap. You say they are great recruiters , you're the one that needs to show me why they are even average recruiters , cause I'm not seeing it. Please don't give me the BS about them being better evaluators and that _______ was a 2 star.

Wow you've been coming over here to get your views and beliefs challenged. You've been at it for so long too. Almost 9 full days. Just so the trip over won't be a complete loss, your head coach blows and your team will go back to mediocrity when Venables gets a head coaching job somewhere. If Alabama beats you, the media will jump off the bandwagon at the speed of light.
Wow. You've been a member for 8 years and I already have 1/4 the likes that you do and I've only been posting here a few days. I have noticed that most people on here value constructive input. Maybe that explains it. I've been visiting the site for years. I realize you probably care less about my input so the great news is you can use the ignore function and you never have to be bothered with my posts. I'm here to talk football with the grown ups. I'm too old for name calling and trolling.
Speaking of football. If our DC leaves we will find a new one. They may be worse, may be better. You never know (see Chad Morris). We may lose to Bama, very likely, they are a great team. I could care less if the national media jump off the "bandwagon." I love Clemson no matter what and respect those Carolina fans who feel the same about the Gamecocks. As I've said before, these kids put themselves through hell and I get the honor of watching and enjoying the games. I hope they all succeed individully, and if my Tigers come out on top then great.

Last edited:
Screw them. Screw the rivalry. Win the division. That was their philosophy. It cost them 5 in a row but look at what it got them.
Biggest difference is when we were on a roll, they were still good (beating teams like OH State and LSU). But when they get rolling, we suck.

Shocking. With no talent, (at least that's what all the media experts and 2/3 of this board said about our players when Muschamp took over) he took a 3 win program and this his second year finishes 8-4 (ONCE AGAIN WITH NO TALENT) after getting bowl eligible last season. Should have a top 15 recruiting class when all commits sign by 2/18. Just what is your idea of success in the two years following Spurrier's departure leaving the cupboard so bare? Would like to hear your idea of a plan for success the last two years. Bet it is sheer fantasy.

My point being this: how well did fair at his previous head coaching job where he had access to better facilities and recruiting grounds?

He went 28-21 and was fired. If he couldn't get it done at Florida with all the resources they have available, how do you expect better results in the division with less fertile recruiting areas and a less-desirable destination school?

It's nice to have faith in his abilities but you're doing so facing the fact that he's yet to prove he can achieve consistent success as a head coach in a competitive league.

Success (divisional/conference championships) won't come until Carolina finds another coach. You can't take that to the bank.

Agreed, and no matter what the naysayers say we closed the gap on the taters this year. Sure, may be a larger gap than we want but if the trend keeps up look out.

Wow. You've been a member for 8 years and I already have a 1/4 the likes that you do and I've only been posting here a few days. I bave noticed that most people on here value constructive input. Maybe that explains it. I've been visiting the site for years. I realize you probably care less about my input so the great news is you can use the ignore function and you never have to be bothered with my posts. I'm here to talk football with the grown ups. I'm too old for name calling and trolling.
Speaking of football. If our DC leaves we will find a new one. They may be worse, may be better. You never know (see Chad Morris). We may lose to Bama, very likely, they are a great team. I could care less if the national media jump off the "bandwagon." I love Clemson no matter what and respect those Carolina fans who feel the same about the Gamecocks. As I've said before, these kids put themselves through hell and I get the honor of watching and enjoying the games. I hope they all succeed individully, and if my Tigers come out on top then great.

I'm more than likely older than you and I don't believe I called you any names. You said you came over here to have your beliefs challenged I was trying to accommodate you. You should really be proud of your likes total, almost every Clemson troll likes you. That's a badge of honor somewhere along the lines of the Humanitarian Bowl win that Clemson fans always seem to leave off of the Clemson resume.

Agreed, and no matter what the naysayers say we closed the gap on the taters this year. Sure, may be a larger gap than we want but if the trend keeps up look out.
Instead of 50 it was 35 on your home turf (your Super Bowl)? Not competitive in the 2H and did not cross midfield until 4Q on 3rd string. I guess I differ in definition of “gap.”

Instead of 50 it was 35 on your home turf (your Super Bowl)? Not competitive in the 2H and did not cross midfield until 4Q on 3rd string. I guess I differ in definition of “gap.”

Listen tater tot. Had it not been for a miscommunication pick six the game would have gone the distance. Keep whistling past the graveyard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT