ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is on very solid ground and it all started with

Cock_Donor

Dec 2, 2004
Hyde Park
My neighbor, a CU fan, was watching football with me the other night and he brought up the topic of "state pride" and wanting to see both teams do well on a national level. He said he pulls for USC when not they're not playing CU. Then, he asks, "wouldn't you pull for CU if they came into WB with a chance at the playoffs?" Of course, my answer is "hell no" but my response was "why would I?" He was baffled. I told him USC was my alma mater and I didn't care if we were 0-11, I still hope we wax that ass. He told me he didn't understand that and got kinda huffy. I asked how does who I pull for impact the outcome? He just kept repeating that he thought I had more state pride than that. I pointed out that he didn't go to Clemson and maybe he feels the way he does is because he doesn't have a physical and emotional connection with them the way I do with TUSC. Anyone else been hit with that by CU fans craving validation?

Reactions: oakley51
My neighbor, a CU fan, was watching football with me the other night and he brought up the topic of "state pride" and wanting to see both teams do well on a national level. He said he pulls for USC when not they're not playing CU. Then, he asks, "wouldn't you pull for CU if they came into WB with a chance at the playoffs?" Of course, my answer is "hell no" but my response was "why would I?" He was baffled. I told him USC was my alma mater and I didn't care if we were 0-11, I still hope we wax that ass. He told me he didn't understand that and got kinda huffy. I asked how does who I pull for impact the outcome? He just kept repeating that he thought I had more state pride than that. I pointed out that he didn't go to Clemson and maybe he feels the way he does is because he doesn't have a physical and emotional connection with them the way I do with TUSC. Anyone else been hit with that by CU fans craving validation?

My Facebook timeline is filled with all the little TaterTots parading around about this is their year to win the National Championship. Bring your own guts. Blah Blah Blah. I agree they look good against their competition, but I would be hesitant to start celebrating to early- I still am not impressed with their win this past week against NCSt. Their Defense/Special Teams gave up 41 to a team who averaged only 20pts in conference games against the likes of Louisville, Wake Forest, Virgina Tech. It looked like a Big 12 game.

IMO- their validation can only be given after winning the whole shebang or making it to the finals. Anything less than that, their season is a bust. They have clearly had a fast lane pass to the playoffs with the help of injuries to opponents and cream puff schedule.

I think most scream validation which is why they hate e$ECpn (can't forget the $) but get mad when said network doesn't give them their prizops. Just 3 short years ago, we were #3, and media darlings......unfortunately, we had to play LSU in Death Valley at night the next week, and not NC State.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock

If your neighbor said that he's not a true fan of Clemson. While I know it's probably not the right thing to have as much disdain for your rival as most of us do, there's no way in Hell you pull for them to win. EVER.

Excluding children, there are fewer college graduates in Death Valley any given Saturday than there are college dropouts! Of the graduates, there are fewer who graduated from Clemson than other colleges. Clemson is the favorite sports team for the fans that pull for them in a state that does not have a professional team. Andddddd Their coach is a goat boy.

Reactions: nikolas22
I wouldn't pull for Clem if they were playing the ISIS all stars & our freedom was at stake!
Damn straight. Anything that's good for them in any way, at any time, is detrimental to us and I wouldn't pull for them under any circumstances whatsoever. Don't hate their fans; don't hate their school; passionately, permanently, and profusely hate their teams and program.

I never want anything good to happen to their school or anyone associated with it.

Also, Clemson winning a national championship would be very bad for our program.

I have a lot of friends and family that went to and graduated from clemsux. They all get it.....and are a party to the hate. I don't hate them (family and friends) except on game day, no matter who they are playing...I hate their...."I didn't go there but I claim them"...fans mostly....

Reactions: oakley51
Your neighbor is an idiot, and if he doesn't understand not pulling for your rival under any circumstance, then he doesn't sound like much of a fan of his own team either. F*** that.

I get almost as much happiness when cu loses as I do when we win...almost as much. I have never pulled for cu in any sport, under any circumstances. daboo has only increased my dislike for Pickens County.

Perfect week-end.....Carolina wins, Clemson loses, and I get laid!

I get almost as much happiness when cu loses as I do when we win...almost as much. I have never pulled for cu in any sport, under any circumstances. daboo has only increased my dislike for Pickens County.

I will admit, when it comes to basketball, I'll pull for the taters when they play against Duke and UNC.

I have a lot of friends and family that went to and graduated from clemsux. They all get it.....and are a party to the hate. I don't hate them (family and friends) except on game day, no matter who they are playing...I hate their...."I didn't go there but I claim them"...fans mostly....

Are you suggesting that the only real fans are the graduates? I didn't go to USC but I am just a big a fan as anyone else. I didn't play for the Atlanta Braves but I'm a huge fan. I didn't grow up in Charlotte but I love the Panthers. I hate the whole "you didn't go there so you're not a real fan" crap.

I despise Tillmanism and do not pull for Tillmanites.

Are you suggesting that the only real fans are the graduates? I didn't go to USC but I am just a big a fan as anyone else. I didn't play for the Atlanta Braves but I'm a huge fan. I didn't grow up in Charlotte but I love the Panthers. I hate the whole "you didn't go there so you're not a real fan" crap.
No...the most obnoxious fans are the ones that didn't attend clemsux.....the ones that say they are fans but can't tell you one players name, never attended a game, don't know who they play next week, or what the hell Howard's rock is .....they just know they luv clemsux...the operative word should have been obnoxious.....but i failed to say that....I thought it was implied. clemsux and obnoxious are synonymous.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I wouldn't pull for Clem if they were playing the ISIS all stars & our freedom was at stake!

orsenwellesclapping.gif

Are Clemson coaches now subject to any spending guidelines,or are they immune to any budget restrictions? If not how do my children apply for a job at Clemtech?

If you look at the fiscal year 2015 travel $ compared to fiscal year 2014 they are startling for Clemson football coaches. Dan Brooks was top FB coach travel spender in fiscal year 2014 at just over $26K. That ranked 19th in travel spending at Clemson university. In fiscal year 2015 they had six football coaches in top nine travel spenders for entire university and they AVERAGED over $75K apiece. What is that all about? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but those numbers don't jive at all.

We could have done the same thing...and should have. When daybo starting losing to us, that lit a fire under him. He knew he had to turn the table soon or he might be history. He and the staff at clemsux went above and beyond while we were making fun of them and resting on the 'streak'. The 'streak' helps if you build on it and take your job seriously instead of a 'we don't work as hard and we win' attitude. Things change...the kids are media savvy and they want to be wined and dined...the others were doing it while we were...out of town...not available...or doing them a favor by having them here. This is why we need new blood. These guys could have done the same thing, minus Spurrier's miscues but they followed suit. I have been able to do things on my own to make my job better if I saw it needed to be done. the initiative wasn't there so let them start over somewhere else with a 'lessons learned'. We could have done the same thing was my whole point....I ramble sometimes..lol.

Our coaches didnt understand that 5 in a row is only good as long as u dont turn around and lose 5 in a row.

I have to say I dont have any hate towards SC or its fans except for when we face them on the field in sports. When we play I wanna stomp that @$$ by as much as possible. The rest of the time I dont really care if they win or lose. I watch SC play on Saturdays as long as Clemson isnt playing at the same time but I dont get upset if they win or get happy when they lose. Thats just my take on it. For those that hate everything about Clemson(or SC) I say to each his own.

I'm not sad if they lose, but I sure don't get in anyone's face about the rivalry. That never really happened, and surely not since I've had kids. Energy better spent elsewhere. At the same time, not exactly thrilled about seeing the programs moving (appearing to) anyway in opposite directions, but Spurrier had to leave sometime, so no time better than the present to work toward getting back what we had 2 years ago.

It aint happening but if we could beat them to knock them out of the playoffs would make the season for me. Like I said it aint happening though.

I'm certainly not nasty to Clemson fans and I have some good friends who pull for the Tigers. I'll make fun of them and their school, but it's all in good fun because sports aren't real life.

But let me be clear: There isn't any scenario in which I would pull for Clemson. In any sport, at any time, against anybody. And to suggest that I pull for them in a game against South Carolina is completely laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT