ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson lost to a 22 point underdog on Friday. We beat a crappy UT

mavcock

Apr 20, 2002
Mauldin, SC
team by having a defensive stand that included them running the last 16 plays of the game with 8 seconds on the clock from our 2 yard line. Carolina fans had Keep Butch Jones tshirts made and they were worn with pride at the game. I drank a lot of beer at Fall for Greenville this weekend and used every ticket I bought. And this morning on 105.5 the Purr, Clemson fans are in meltdown mode over that loss. Who says Mondays can't be fun?

There's a thread started last week on Bama SEC Rant titled "Dabo need to be our next coach. Period." Well, after Friday night, half the posts were like "Losing to a 22 point underdog. That's no way to defend a title. Unacceptable." That's what it means to be elite. Dabo has a good deal at Clemson; he doesn't want to step into those kind of expectations.

(A funny response from a Bama Dabo supporter on Rant: "Even Saban lost to Stephen Garcia once.")

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
There's a thread started last week on Bama SEC Rant titled "Dabo need to be our next coach. Period." Well, after Friday night, half the posts were like "Losing to a 22 point underdog. That's no way to defend a title. Unacceptable." That's what it means to be elite. Dabo has a good deal at Clemson; he doesn't want to step into those kind of expectations.

(A funny response from a Bama Dabo supporter on Rant: "Even Saban lost to Stephen Garcia once.")
Most consistent and solid performance of his career. He was either stone cold sober or smoked an extra doobie before the game. Of course it helps that he had Alshon catching passes that day and Marcus running.

Anyone know how big of an underdog we were in that game? Pretty sure it wasn't 22 pts. Bama had squeaked by Arky the week before.

Most consistent and solid performance of his career. He was either stone cold sober or smoked an extra doobie before the game. Of course it helps that he had Alshon catching passes that day and Marcus running.

Anyone know how big of an underdog we were in that game? Pretty sure it wasn't 22 pts. Bama had squeaked by Arky the week before.
7.5 pts.
Bama beat the brakes off of UF (31-6) the week before they came to Columbia.

Reactions: HI Cock

That 2010 Gamecock team was very good. Our issue was, as you mentioned, whether Garcia was sober or not. Heck, I even think a drunk Garcia could have beat that Syracuse team. Well, on second thought, after thinking of that 2011 Auburn game....maybe not.

Reactions: DarkCock
7.5 pts.
Bama beat the brakes off of UF (31-6) the week before they came to Columbia.
Yeah, that was when Saban began stockpiling 7 years of 5* recruits so that every year they just roll in sometimes bigger and sometimes better guys than the year before. I guess that's how you build a program.

I saw countless tater cars last Monday flying not just one but 4 flags. They also had the tiger tail hanging out the back. Saw them Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday as well. All clear since Friday night.

team by having a defensive stand that included them running the last 16 plays of the game with 8 seconds on the clock from our 2 yard line. Carolina fans had Keep Butch Jones tshirts made and they were worn with pride at the game. I drank a lot of beer at Fall for Greenville this weekend and used every ticket I bought. And this morning on 105.5 the Purr, Clemson fans are in meltdown mode over that loss. Who says Mondays can't be fun?

The best part is we can tell the taters NC State is in first place in their division, undefeated in the ACC, and we beat them.

Also, the ACC team they play next, lost to the Tennessee team we just beat.

The Taters are the fastest fans in the country to hide following an ass whippin. So funny to see the BI-LO parking lot with no orange flags and no Walmart T shirts in the isles or at check out. Where are the 'ALL IN- LOUD AND PROUD' CULTISTS ?

We walked around at Fall for Greenville on Sunday, with me wearing a Garnet Gamecock shirt.
Expected to see a ton more clemson shirts/hats than what was on display.

Seriously only saw maybe 6-8 logos being worn.
And, the very few folks that did wear the orange simply didn't look like a typical diehard clemson fan or Iptay type. They looked more like the walmart or Goodwill crowd.

I don't remember seeing one car flying clemson flags while traveling from Spartanburg to Greenville and back.

Thank you Syracuse for a short reprieve.
However folks, rest assured, when they win the next game, they'll be right back out there.

We REALLY NEED to beat them.

Just walk around with a big grin on your face wearing your Carolina cap and t-shirt of choice. It just kills the Taters! :D

There were about 500 people at Fall for Greenville Saturday with Carolina shirts on. I counted three Clemson shirts all day. It was great.

I saw countless tater cars last Monday flying not just one but 4 flags. They also had the tiger tail hanging out the back. Saw them Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday as well. All clear since Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT