ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson/NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-watched that clip and it looked to me like the NC State defender was trying to stick his helmet on the ball, which he did, and cause a fumble.

Umm his helmet never stuck the ball... His helmet only struck Gallman's helmet.

IMO it was not targeting but to say he hit the ball is just not accurate.

The targeting rule makes it clear that INTENT or someone dropping their head doesn't matter, if you launch yourself at a ball carrier, lead with the crown of the helmet, and make helmet to helmet contact it is targeting. Same thing happened to TJ Green in ACCCG when Switzer ducked his head.

Maybe my eyes are bad but to me it looked like he grazed the helmet on his way to the ball. His helmet went through and to the ball and the ball came out of Gallman's hands.

Unless you are blind, or just can't bring yourself to look at things objectively, the NC State player drilled him right in the ear hole. It wasn't called. Move on.

Gallman lowered his helmet to try and punish/ counter the defender's effort. Defender was in poor position the whole time.

Boulware hasn't missed time for his actions so it's all a moot point as far as Gallmans problems go.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT