ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson schedule released with OOC game

MowerDave

Jun 10, 2020
I haven't followed all of the discussion in detail, other than knowing the SEC is doing a 10 game conference-only schedule.

Didn't keep up too much with the ACC situation.

However, I see that Clemson has a non-conference game on the schedule for September 19.

I wonder why the ACC felt it was ok to allow a non-conference game but the SEC did not.

Easier to get a second team in if they are 10-1 with a close loss in the SEC title game.

Clempsux will not play the Citadel. They tend to lean towards high school JV or 10th grade teams. Neither of these two options are far below the ACC choices. Dablo slept with his mom for 3-years while in college in Alabama. He and his tight end coach have started to drop the "N-word" for THEIR players also.

Clempsux will not play the Citadel. They tend to lean towards high school JV or 10th grade teams. Neither of these two options are far below the ACC choices. Dablo slept with his mom for 3-years while in college in Alabama. He and his tight end coach have started to drop the "N-word" for THEIR players also.

We played CSU last year.

You have to be older than 15. With the contents of this post, probably not, but you just have to be.

None of this is original or funny. Quite tired actually. I challenge you to come up with some new insults toward Clemson that might garner a chuckle. Maybe you could also display the ability to do so without predictably insulting me.

Clemson had Akron and The Citadel on the schedule for this season already. I imagine they will host The Citadel for their non-conference game barring a scheduling conflict from The Citadel.

Taters are alive and well
I haven't followed all of the discussion in detail, other than knowing the SEC is doing a 10 game conference-only schedule.

Didn't keep up too much with the ACC situation.

However, I see that Clemson has a non-conference game on the schedule for September 19.

I wonder why the ACC felt it was ok to allow a non-conference game but the SEC did not.

Easier to get a second team in if they are 10-1 with a close loss in the SEC title game.

Was supposed to be Akron, but now its TBA.

We played CSU last year.

You have to be older than 15. With the contents of this post, probably not, but you just have to be.

None of this is original or funny. Quite tired actually. I challenge you to come up with some new insults toward Clemson that might garner a chuckle. Maybe you could also display the ability to do so without predictably insulting me.

Now being referred to as the Softeastern Conference.

Decided to not waste energy insulting clemson Sickthis year. Saving it up for 2021.

However, I think they may be vulnerable with the new offensive line....at least if they make to a game outside the ACC.

Close.....but not an insult.

...I wonder why the ACC felt it was ok to allow a non-conference game but the SEC did not.

That was ACC's attempt to preserved the traditional rivalries (CU-SC, GT-UGA, FL-FSU and UL-UK) with the SEC. And I think this was the SEC's way of saying "we don't need anyone else."
Now CU cant schedule another P5 because 1) most P5 are playing conf only and 2) P5 is not going to play at CU without expecting a return trip, which would eliminate a CU home game next year. Now they will have to pick up a non P5 or a FCS. Honestly, this season is going to be so f'd up that they should just back track and only play conf games too.

Go ahead and pencil in an NFL team for the OOC game in November. Nobody is going to call the bluff because the season will be cancelled by then anyway.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
That was ACC's attempt to preserved the traditional rivalries (CU-SC, GT-UGA, FL-FSU and UL-UK) with the SEC. And I think this was the SEC's way of saying "we don't need anyone else."
Now CU cant schedule another P5 because 1) most P5 are playing conf only and 2) P5 is not going to play at CU without expecting a return trip, which would eliminate a CU home game next year. Now they will have to pick up a non P5 or a FCS. Honestly, this season is going to be so f'd up that they should just back track and only play conf games too.

Well, I tip my hat to the ACC for realizing the importance of those non-conference rivalry games.

Danny Ford is 100% right: if Alabama had a non-conference rival, the SEC would have had a non-conference game. No doubt about it.

SEC is tone-deaf on a lot of issues.

Last edited:
They can’t schedule another power 5 it has to be in state. We were there only chance at a power 5 out of conference opponent. It will have to be the someone in sc.

ADVERTISEMENT