ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson SEC caliber football school is at best a yawner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah. Short-change our schedule all you want, you can only beat who's on your schedule. And when they win, what will your excuse be then?
OU wasn't a bad team, but they weren't what the poster I was replying to made them out to be. And they certainly weren't a " national championship team" like reverend Dabo said they were.

To clarify, I'm talking about last years OU team.

Last edited:
Jesus you are slow. I'll spell it out/clarify it for you: there are a bunch of recruits that are commiting to schools at the moment, regardless of the dead period. I found your recruiting tally pretty sad, I think 4 measly 4* recruits. Clemson pretty much beat that in the last few weeks. And when they land Rashan Gary in a few weeks, that'll be icing on the cake. Meantime, your recruits are back pedaling faster than your shitty DBs.

3 4 stars and a 3 star will enroll in classes within a week. They'll be more. Just keep checking back. be sure to check back in next Tuesday.

You're pretty much proving that the tater fan base is as insecure and as confidence lacking as your cult leader. The fact that you're on this board trying to sell Gamecocks on all things Clemson is pretty funny. You're trying to sell us on how great Clemson is, but you then claim that 2 of Clemson's signature wins were against overrated teams. That's just genius.
Clemson/Dabo/Taters claim that they're the underdogs and no one has believed in them all season (probably for good reason). You taters don't realize that Dabo is laying the foundation as to why Clemson lost the big game. The excuses have already started. We were the underdogs, we're young this year, we were probably better last year.
Alabama/Saban take a different approach. They show up knowing they're the best and expect to win.

And before you make some juvenile comment about me "hanging on Bama's jock", I hate Alabama, but they're playing for their 4th NC under Saban and they're in a whole different league than Clemson/Datboy.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. That would be the case if I came on here saying, out of the blue, "look how good out recruits are." I mentioned it in response to what you said. Big difference there. And since you're too stupid to realize those weren't even our 2 best wins, I'm not selling you on those either. I don't care if you think Clemson is good; I expect you to think they are overrated. If I was trying to sell you, I'd be puffing up the FSU and Unc wins. Again, you make my point for you. You keep lumping me in with every tiger fan that acts a certain way, then claim I'm a hypocrite b/c I think differently than they do.

OU wasn't a bad team, but they weren't what the poster I was replying to made them out to be. And they certainly weren't a " national championship team" like reverend Dabo said they were.

To clarify, I'm talking about last years OU team.

The media was claiming OU was top dog, not Dabo.

3 4 stars and a 3 star will enroll in classes within a week. They'll be more. Just keep checking back. be sure to check back in next Tuesday.

I can't wait for the Gamecock radio call..."McIlwain drops back to pass, throws deep to Ridley...oh my bad, Ridley is in Tuscaloosa!"

Dabo said they were a " national championship team" after they won. It was something like " that's a national championship team right there."

Doesn't every coach try to say something nice about an opponent they just thrashed? It's coaching etiquette. I know Coot coaches are unfamiliar with being on the winning side, but that's what they do.

Doesn't every coach try to say something nice about an opponent they just thrashed? It's coaching etiquette. I know Coot coaches are unfamiliar with being on the winning side, but that's what they do.

You have an excuse for everything. You can't admit that Dabo is over the top with some of his comments? And it's carried over to a lot of your fans, like the one I quoted earlier. It's okay to admit that Dabo gets carried away from time to time. He probably won't send you to hell for that.

When did we get thrashed by Clemson this year?

You have an excuse for everything. You can't admit that Dabo is over the top with some of his comments? And it's carried over to a lot of your fans, like the one I quoted earlier. It's okay to admit that Dabo gets carried away from time to time. He probably won't send you to hell for that.

It's pretty

It's obvious that he gets carried away alot. Don't need me to tell you that. He's a cornball, but he's doing a helluva job.

It's pretty

It's obvious that he gets carried away alot. Don't need me to tell you that. He's a cornball, but he's doing a helluva job.
Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said or with your response to what I said. I simply said that OU wasn't a great team last year in response to a poster who was elevating them to a status they didn't earn. You have a bad habit of changing topics when you know you're wrong about something, no matter how trivial or minuscule the topic.

Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said or with your response to what I said. I simply said that OU wasn't a great team last year in response to a poster who was elevating them to a status they didn't earn. You have a bad habit of changing topics when you know you're wrong about something, no matter how trivial or minuscule the topic.

I didn't change the topic, on the reply portion I didn't see the part that you were referring to last years game. Yes, OU wasn't good last year, no doubt on that.

And you asked me if I could admit that Dabo was over the top at times, and I agreed, not sure how that was changing the topic.

I didn't change the topic, on the reply portion I didn't see the part that you were referring to last years game. Yes, OU wasn't good last year, no doubt on that.
That's because you reply to everything without reading what's been posted. It's almost pointless to discuss anything with you because you get worked up about everything before reading all of the posts. Then you call people names and tell everybody how stupid they are like a petulant two year old would do.

[QUOTE=". .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Or Spurrier.....

Dabo's winning percentage vs. the SEC , IS BETTER than Spurrier's winning percentage vs the SEC while at South Carolina.

FACT...... but don't let that get in the way....lol.[/QUOTE]

That's a overwhelmingly useless comparison considering Spurrier finished with a winning record against Dabo. What is it that you're trying to prove to yourself?

Reactions: Cock_Donor
That's because you reply to everything without reading what's been posted. It's almost pointless to discuss anything with you because you get worked up about everything before reading all of the posts. Then you call people names and tell everybody how stupid they are like a petulant two year old would do.

Dude I missed one solitary thing, big deal. And I am calm, you just don't like what I have to say. You asked me about Dabo, and I replied. I didn't change topic. And I'm petulant? Coming from the guy that said I was an idiot a few mins ago. The trash talk goes both ways.

Let's see....Dumbo has played against the SEC 15 times so far with #16 coming up Monday. Spurrier played against the SEC 83 times in his tenure at USC... Nice comparison there brainiac. Let Dumbo play the SEC teams that many times, then compare.

Winning percentage was the topic. If you don't understand the topic maybe you shouldn't comment.
Hint: Borrow a 4th graders math book...... "Brainiac" .....lol[/QUOTE]

I found the 4th grade math book - it says Spurrier had a winning record against Dabo. I tried to find the section where it said anything else mattered, but it wasn't there. Maybe they sell that book to the students once they enroll at Clemson.

Winning percentage was the topic. If you don't understand the topic maybe you shouldn't comment.
Hint: Borrow a 4th graders math book...... "Brainiac" .....lol

I found the 4th grade math book - it says Spurrier had a winning record against Dabo. I tried to find the section where it said anything else mattered, but it wasn't there. Maybe they sell that book to the students once they enroll at Clemson.[/QUOTE]

He only has that winning percentage b/c he quit when he saw the writing on the wall. He knew he had stockpiled a shitty team and that Dabo was about to start rolling him. Great guy, that Spurrier.

Not to rain on the parade. But Clemson wins didn't come against the Vandy's in the conference unless you consider SC a Vandy. Most of Clemson's SEC games have been against the top of the SEC. They have been in bowl games and season kick off classics. We have not been fortunate enough to pad our record versus the bottom 2/3rds of the SEC east,

Clemson approaches every game against an SEC team like it is the biggest game of the season. For Clemson, those games were by far the biggest of the season. I'm not so sure the SEC teams viewed Clemson in the same light, but it has worked out for you and Dabo sells it as hard as he can. That's just the way it is. Maybe Alabama will be your next victim on Monday?

I found the 4th grade math book - it says Spurrier had a winning record against Dabo. I tried to find the section where it said anything else mattered, but it wasn't there. Maybe they sell that book to the students once they enroll at Clemson.

He only has that winning percentage b/c he quit when he saw the writing on the wall. He knew he had stockpiled a shitty team and that Dabo was about to start rolling him. Great guy, that Spurrier.[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll never know and my 4th grade math book will never quite get there. I always suspected that Spurrier secretly feared Dabo.

Clemson approaches every game against an SEC team like it is the biggest game of the season. For Clemson, those games were by far the biggest of the season. I'm not so sure the SEC teams viewed Clemson in the same light, but it has worked out for you and Dabo sells it as hard as he can. That's just the way it is. Maybe Alabama will be your next victim on Monday?

Ah the old "they didn't bother taking Clemson seriously" excuse. Well I fail to see how that's Clemson's problem, speaks more about bad coaching and preparation regarding the teams they beat.

Ah the old "they didn't bother taking Clemson seriously" excuse. Well I fail to see how that's Clemson's problem, speaks more about bad coaching and preparation regarding the teams they beat.

That's not an excuse. Clemson has done a good job taking advantage of it.
It's just the way it is. Beating Clemson is an afterthought to most SEC teams since winning the SEC even with a loss guarantees a trip to the playoff. South Carolina plays them as a rival and at the end of the year so the situation is different. Playing Alabama this week will be different since everything is on the line. They will most likely be well coached, focused, and prepared. Clemson has a mobile quarterback and that's always an advantage. Henry will be challenged against your front 7. If you think you've got what it takes to compete in the SEC, Monday will say more about it than anything. But don't act like playing an SEC schedule is in any way an easy path or that Clemson has come close to walking down that road.

It's just the way it is. Beating Clemson is an afterthought to most SEC teams since winning the SEC even with a loss guarantees a trip to the playoff. South Carolina plays them as a rival and at the end of the year so the situation is different. Playing Alabama this week will be different since everything is on the line. They will most likely be well coached, focused, and prepared. Clemson has a mobile quarterback and that's always an advantage. Henry will be challenged against your front 7. If you think you've got what it takes to compete in the SEC, Monday will say more about it than anything. But don't act like playing an SEC schedule is in any way an easy path or that Clemson has come close to walking down that road.

I didn't claim the sec was an easy path...this year it wasn't as tough, but I know it's tougher than the ACC. I know you weren't downplaying CU, I just meant as fans we hear that alot, how teams may not "want to be there," that was all I was saying. I don't expect anything less than Bama giving them their stiffest test. Both teams will be ready.

But the other thing to note is that you, Joe college fan, nor I, can really say that other sec teams don't "get up" for playing CU; there's really know way to know that unless you're in the locker room. And a loss leaves no room for error, so no teams should really take any others lightly.

Good Morning.....Good Lawd ya'll have been busy trying to cover the butthurt on this one....lol.

All I did was enlighten the initial poster about winning percentage......and 'Boom' (pun intended)

It's ok guys...you've got a clean slate....maybe it will work out....maybe not. But wishes and hopes don't change facts.
We all know about the 100+ year football highlight of the legendary 5 game streak (from years ago now).
But to those of us who have lived this rivalry and been fans and alums for longer than 7 years - we remember lots of legendary things : Heisman winners never scoring , The Catch (more than once, lol) , 63-17 (I was there)...before that 45-0 (I was there).

It's a rivalry (sort of)....lol, we get it. You can't stand that we're playing for the National Championship and as a rival you should...but win or lose - We're there !!

It's not that we can't stand you're playing for the NC. It's just that we can't stand your redneck school or your bandwagon fan base. We hate you. If Clemson burned to the ground tomorrow id be there to drink a beer over the pile of ashes. Roll Tide.

It's not that we can't stand you're playing for the NC. It's just that we can't stand your redneck school or your bandwagon fan base. We hate you. If Clemson burned to the ground tomorrow id be there to drink a beer over the pile of ashes. Roll Tide.

Roll Tide ? LOL....
Well that is better than Go Cocks. Of course , nobody's said that in months.

Good Morning.....Good Lawd ya'll have been busy trying to cover the butthurt on this one....lol.

All I did was enlighten the initial poster about winning percentage......and 'Boom' (pun intended)

It's ok guys...you've got a clean slate....maybe it will work out....maybe not. But wishes and hopes don't change facts.
We all know about the 100+ year football highlight of the legendary 5 game streak (from years ago now).
But to those of us who have lived this rivalry and been fans and alums for longer than 7 years - we remember lots of legendary things : Heisman winners never scoring , The Catch (more than once, lol) , 63-17 (I was there)...before that 45-0 (I was there).

It's a rivalry (sort of)....lol, we get it. You can't stand that we're playing for the National Championship and as a rival you should...but win or lose - We're there !!

Clemson should be careful with those history lessons. Things get ironic.

d76ec_dm_130613_ncf_clemson_howards_rock.jpg

We figured out why gamecocks have spurs now. So they can hold onto them Bama coat tails!!! Keep living vicariously.
Seems as if Bama has set the standard in all of college football. Maybe Wake will be riding your coat tails one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT