ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson SEC caliber football school is at best a yawner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems as if Bama has set the standard in all of college football. Maybe Wake will be riding your coat tails one day!
Maybe they will. But one thing you didn't say and never will have to is that Clemson is riding anyone's coat tails. No need to. If we suck we just say we suck. We don't go pulling for Fsu

Ok
Maybe they will. But one thing you didn't say and never will have to is that Clemson is riding anyone's coat tails. No need to. If we suck we just say we suck. We don't go pulling for Fsu
Ok! Good! So....we sucked this year. We aren't playing anymore games this year. 2 teams left to pull for. ROLL TIDE! Sorry! If it were Clemmons and Wake, it would be ROLL WAKE! Sorry, it is what it is. Good luck!

They would be about middle-of-the road facilities-wise, but the overall venue would be higher than that. I would rate them above average fanbase-wise. I'm just saying that, if you blinked your eyes and woke up to a world where FSU and UPC were in the SEC, they wouldn't look ill-suited.

Fanbases and venues better than Clemp.

1. UT
2. A&M
3. LSU
4. UF
5. UGA
6. USC
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. Arkansas
10. Ole Miss

Fanbases and venues slightly below Clemp

11. UK
12. Mizz
13. MSU
14. Vandy

I could be ranking MSU too low. They have a nice stadium tailgate atmosphere, better than Clemp's for sure, but Starkville as a place s about the same in terms of in the middle of nowhereness as Clemp.

Where am I wrong?

Fanbases and venues better than Clemp.

1. UT
2. A&M
3. LSU
4. UF
5. UGA
6. USC
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. Arkansas
10. Ole Miss

Fanbases and venues slightly below Clemp

11. UK
12. Mizz
13. MSU
14. Vandy

I could be ranking MSU too low. They have a nice stadium tailgate atmosphere, better than Clemp's for sure, but Starkville as a place s about the same in terms of in the middle of nowhereness as Clemp.

Where am I wrong?
They are superior to Ole Miss and Arkansas based upon stadium and fanbase size alone and very comparable to us in both respects.

They have a bigger stadium but we have better practice and student-athlete facilities. We also have more TV revenue, more fans, and we sell more merch than Clemmy.

They have a bigger stadium but we have better practice and student-athlete facilities. We also have more TV revenue, more fans, and we sell more merch than Clemmy.
They have projects coming in the facilities category, as do we. We indeed get more TV revenue than they do most of the time - don't know what appearing in both a playoff bowl and the NC game will do for them. Have to believe it will do something. We don't get any bowl payout of our own this year. In the other areas, I said "comparable". "Comparable" doesn't mean "equal". But one thing we didn't include is "profile". Right now, we don't even want to raise that issue.

[QUOTE=". .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Or Spurrier.....

Dabo's winning percentage vs. the SEC , IS BETTER than Spurrier's winning percentage vs the SEC while at South Carolina.

FACT...... but don't let that get in the way....lol.[/QUOTE]
Only because Dabo didn't have to play SEC football teams every week.

Reactions: Futureswagcocktd
Give it up man, right now they are a juggernaut. They may win it all again but not likely. I have played the ifs and buts games with myself and it doesn’t do any good.

[QUOTE=". .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Or Spurrier.....

Dabo's winning percentage vs. the SEC , IS BETTER than Spurrier's winning percentage vs the SEC while at South Carolina.

FACT...... but don't let that get in the way....lol.

Let's see....Dumbo has played against the SEC 15 times so far with #16 coming up Monday. Spurrier played against the SEC 83 times in his tenure at USC... Nice comparison there brainiac. Let Dumbo play the SEC teams that many times, then compare.[/QUOTE]good reply to the tater

[QUOTE="flacock, post: 1570110,
The game is getting closer and closer and most pendants believe Clemson will win the game. Win or lose clemson has 3 times played the the national championship

Swinney is 8-7 vs SEC with Bama game coming up. .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.
Gotta look at who they played in this. 5 looses to us when we were best we’ve ever been. Other games were against the SEC best in Bigtime bowl games. He doesn’t have an “SEC schedule” of playing all levels of teams.

Or Spurrier.....

FACT...... but don't let that get in the way....lol.
Only because Dabo didn't have to play SEC football teams every week.[/QUOTE]

What was Spurrier's record vs. The mighty ACC

If needed, I could look it up.....but that wasn't what the post was about, as I recall.....but I fully understand why you'd want to change the subject.....lol.[/QUOTE]
Yes, just like you did.

This post certainly raised the ire of the Sheep Humpers as anything said not becoming to the Cult of Swinney always does. Like it or not Tigers, the SEC is a far better football conference than the ACC. Always has been and will be. The ACC cannot compete with the huge fan bases in the SEC. The ACC doesn't have the tough fan venues you find every Saturday in the SEC, four stadiums seating over 100,000 fans, one over 90,000 and three over 80,000. You guys talk about the East being down but on the road no matter what the season record, it's tough to come out a winner. Would rather face a real good Wake team on the road than a poor Florida one. Your team has been fortunate to lure some fine football flesh to Clemson in the last three years. Much of this was caused by the Spurrier departure, the demise of Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee and not having one program in North Carolina worth a damn. The landscape is changing very rapidly as the aforementioned schools have made the changes to become competitive again although FSU may stay in the woods for a long time. Swinney needs to enjoy these cherished moments because he has payback coming not only from South Carolina but some of the SEC schools he may face after this year. Clemson would be hard pressed to win a division every year in the SEC let alone get to the playoffs.

Swinney is 8-7 vs SEC with Bama game coming up. .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Despise Clemsux but the teams in that record include SC when we were rolling, LSU, Bama, Auburn. I'd take 8-7 against that competition any day.

If needed, I could look it up.....but that wasn't what the post was about, as I recall.....but I fully understand why you'd want to change the subject.....lol.
Yes, just like you did.[/QUOTE]
Klempzun lost to cyracuse! We could be 12-0 with the cupcakes on there skedule! I hate kelmpzun!

[QUOTE="flacock, post: 1570110,
The game is getting closer and closer and most pendants believe Clemson will win the game. Win or lose clemson has 3 times played the the national championship
Most pendants are inanimate objects incapable of believing anything.

Knowing you'd try that.....that actually wasn't a 'championship' game...a very large bowl game yes. And the SEC Championship game loss is actually a record.
I know, I know.....math is tough for some. Keep at it....you might get it.
56-20

13-8 now with the games coming against South Carolina (5-5), Auburn (4-1), Bama (1-1), UGA (1-1), LSU (1-0), and Kentucky (1-0).

8 of those teams won 10+ games and only 3 had losing records. Dabo has faced Bama as many times in 10 years as SC has - more come Jan 1st.That's not exactly a "normal" SEC schedule.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
I think their level of play, their fanbase, and their venue are very comparable to the best in the SEC, and you know how much I hate them.
Have to agree with you king. Dont care for them either. However, constantly focusing on them and putting them down doesnt seem to help our cause at all. And cant be good for a persons spiritual condition. They just happen to be on top now. Nothing last forever. apologies to the diamond companys.

Reactions: king ward

Yep, we mostly play Auburn Alabama, Georgia, A&M and the like. We are lucky enough to avoid the Vandys and Missouris and Kentuckys that you guys have to play every year.[/QUOTE]

You do realize Clemson has a losing record against Vanderbilt and Kentucky? Clemson has lost about twice as many games to SEC opponents as they have won.

Yep, we mostly play Auburn Alabama, Georgia, A&M and the like. We are lucky enough to avoid the Vandys and Missouris and Kentuckys that you guys have to play every year.

You do realize Clemson has a losing record against Vanderbilt and Kentucky? Clemson has lost about twice as many games to SEC opponents as they have won.[/QUOTE]

So this is not about Dabo's record anymore? Now we are talking all time instead?

You do realize Clemson has a losing record against Vanderbilt and Kentucky? Clemson has lost about twice as many games to SEC opponents as they have won.

So this is not about Dabo's record anymore? Now we are talking all time instead?[/Q

So this is not about Dabo's record anymore? Now we are talking all time instead?[/QUOTE]

No when your fans bring up Vanderbilt and Kentucky as if they aren't a challenge it puts things in perspective to know that Clemson is 1-3 all time against Vandy and 5-8 all-time against Kentucky. Clemson only has a winning record against S.C. and Missouri in the SEC. That always comes as a big surprise to Clemson fans because they labor under the mythology that they have always been a powerhouse. One of your posters asked about Spurrier's record against the ACC when he was at South Carolina. It was 11-4. You guys have had a great run the last 3 years, but Dabo ain't Spurrier and won't ever come close to the kind of success playing against teams in the SEC that Spurrier had. Lifetime he had a 73% winning percentage against the SEC and pretty much had to build each of the programs he coached.

Reactions: NaturalGC7
Does putting up that score really help your case? There are some other scores that might be used in response that would make it look rather silly.
That is the score that set you taters on a path of win at any cost

So this is not about Dabo's record anymore? Now we are talking all time instead?[/Q

So this is not about Dabo's record anymore? Now we are talking all time instead?

No when your fans bring up Vanderbilt and Kentucky as if they aren't a challenge it puts things in perspective to know that Clemson is 1-3 all time against Vandy and 5-8 all-time against Kentucky. Clemson only has a winning record against S.C. and Missouri in the SEC. That always comes as a big surprise to Clemson fans because they labor under the mythology that they have always been a powerhouse. One of your posters asked about Spurrier's record against the ACC when he was at South Carolina. It was 11-4. You guys have had a great run the last 3 years, but Dabo ain't Spurrier and won't ever come close to the kind of success playing against teams in the SEC that Spurrier had. Lifetime he had a 73% winning percentage against the SEC and pretty much had to build each of the programs he coached.[/QUOTE]

However, in a thread about Dabo's record against the SEC being around .500 it's worth noting the competition was Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU and of course, the best 5 teams you guys may have ever had. Which is why comparing his winning percentage to USC's since they joined is a silly exercise anway.

No when your fans bring up Vanderbilt and Kentucky as if they aren't a challenge it puts things in perspective to know that Clemson is 1-3 all time against Vandy and 5-8 all-time against Kentucky. Clemson only has a winning record against S.C. and Missouri in the SEC. That always comes as a big surprise to Clemson fans because they labor under the mythology that they have always been a powerhouse. One of your posters asked about Spurrier's record against the ACC when he was at South Carolina. It was 11-4. You guys have had a great run the last 3 years, but Dabo ain't Spurrier and won't ever come close to the kind of success playing against teams in the SEC that Spurrier had. Lifetime he had a 73% winning percentage against the SEC and pretty much had to build each of the programs he coached.

However, in a thread about Dabo's record against the SEC being around .500 it's worth noting the competition was Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU and of course, the best 5 teams you guys may have ever had. Which is why comparing his winning percentage to USC's since they joined is a silly exercise anway.[/QUOTE]

You conveniently left out Kentucky in your list of wins. It's also important to note that the bulk of those wins came at home or neutral sites. So yes it is a silly exercise to compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT