ADVERTISEMENT

clemson trick play

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
When South Carolina had to kick to clemson as a result of the safety, clemson huddled up to try and confuse South Carolina on who actually has the ball, but they ended up fumbling it. I do not think the trick play caused the fumble, but clemson looked like a horse's a$$ for trying to showboat. I am still laughing at the play.

To be fair it wasn’t a bad play call. Had the guy held on to the ball it would have resulted in a decent gain. Good example of a decent play call ruined by poor execution.

I thought their bigger coaching gaafe was airing it out with their QB and not giving it to their RB more.

To be fair it wasn’t a bad play call. Had the guy held on to the ball it would have resulted in a decent gain. Good example of a decent play call ruined by poor execution.

I thought their bigger coaching gaafe was airing it out with their QB and not giving it to their RB more.
Agreed. Dude inexplicably let go of of the ball.

You hate to see it. He should be yelling at himself. At any time he could have overruled the play call….unless he’s not paying attention to them.
I agree it is ultimately his fault, but I still laugh when he blows up on the sidelines. According to the commentators on yesterday game, they said that the clemson head football coach tried to call timeout when the clemson quarterbach scored a touchdown. That would have been bad it he called the timeout and clemson ended up not scoring.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
"I didn't make you run a sugar huddle on a kickoff return that you obviously stole from the Little Giants only to fumble immediately right into the hands of one of my gunners."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT