ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson, UGA and Tennessee fans

Well...either he will light the world on fire then be lured away or suck and get fired...ho hum

Reactions: WSPCock11
You would be ecstatic... that we just did the same thing they did that lead to their success?

Clemson hired Oklahoma’s TE coach to be their head coach? Funny, I don’t remember that happening. I remember them promoting a guy who had been on their staff for years after making him their interim coach for half a season. If you see that as being the same thing, good for you, but it’s not.

Clemson hired Oklahoma’s TE coach to be their head coach? Funny, I don’t remember that happening. I remember them promoting a guy who had been on their staff for years after making him their interim coach for half a season. If you see that as being the same thing, good for you, but it’s not.
Beamer is also a guy who has been on our staff for years. He was not an interim coach like Swinney, but really, what does that particular bit add to a person's credentials? If you see that as being so altogether different, good for you, but its not.

Reactions: TAV31
Beamer is also a guy who has been on our staff for years. He was not an interim coach like Swinney, but really, what does that particular bit add to a person's credentials? If you see that as being so altogether different, good for you, but its not.

Running the team for half a season vs running a position group for seasons?

I would think running the whole program, even for half a year, is a better indication of how you'd run a program, than being a position coach. I mean, it's literally experience doing the job you're interviewing for.

I would think running the whole program, even for half a year, is a better indication of how you'd run a program, than being a position coach. I mean, it's literally experience doing the job you're interviewing for.
Exactly. Not to mention the fact that Dabo was doing it while the AD that hired him was present. Beamer was here when Ray was coaching baseball.

and if Tanner had chosen to take a chance on Beamer after Spurrier left, that would’ve been the appropriate time to have done it IMO. But that’s not what happened. He chose instead to go with a failed coach who put about 2-3 nails in our coffin. The proper time to take a gamble on someone as unproven as Beamer is well past IMO.

Please tell me you have your user name saved where it automatically pops up every time you log on, because I'd hate to have to type all that every time I logged in.

yeah. That was years ago and I was sick of trying to come up with something clever with “cock” or “cocky” in it only to find out it was already taken.

They promoted a guy who was a position coach on their staff to HC, correct. Very similar to what a Beamer hire would be. Obviously no two situations are identical. Beamer actually has a LOT more experience that is relative to being a HC than Dabo did, so no it would not be identical... a Beamer hire would make way more sense than Dabo’s hire did.

They promoted a guy who was a position coach on their staff to HC, correct.

they promoted a guy who HAD been an assistant coach, but was interim Head Coach at the time, who the AD personally liked. That’s the correct part, as opposed to a guy who USED to be here, who was passed over for interim when Spurrier quit, and is now- years later- still an assistant coach, but somewhere else.

if you could only find two good reasons to hire Beamer. 1. He knows our recruiting territory, has worked it and was successful at it. 2. He has been around a dynamic and prolific offense, so he should know how to install It.
It hasn’t sunk in on people yet that successful head coaches don’t want this job. And as far as no head coaching experience, he knows from his Dad that you become a good CEO and don’t let your ego get in the way of hiring great coaches and get out of the way and let them do their job. Just look at Dabo, he is no wizard of football.

No one knows who's going to be a good coach. I think we can safely say Satterfield is a great coach, but he seems like a massive long shot. We can safely say Monken is a very good coach but is a package deal with the option, a gimmick offense incapable of winning anything big. We can say Freeze can make an average SEC team if he cheats more than any other coach in football. We can say Chadwell and Napier can make winning programs at tiny schools playing bad competition. And we can say Beamer is loved by his players and wants the job. That's all we know for sure. I would rank my preferences:

1. Satterfield
2. Chadwell
3. Napier
4. Monken
5. Beamer
6. Freeze

After learning more about Satterfield, don't want him at all. Recruiting is a chore for him.

they promoted a guy who HAD been an assistant coach, but was interim Head Coach at the time, who the AD personally liked. That’s the correct part, as opposed to a guy who USED to be here, who was passed over for interim when Spurrier quit, and is now- years later- still an assistant coach, but somewhere else.
Again, inaccurate to say the least- Beamer was at Va Tech when Spurrier left here... That would have been an odd pick if we got the AHC at Va Tech to be our interim coach when Spurrier quit!! 😂😂

Beamer BTW WAS tapped as interim HC for a bowl game when his father had surgery... Va Tech won that game JFTR.

Our recruiting class is practically empty. We are in deep trouble the next several years. We need shaun elliott to come back

Lots of big name programs, who hired proven head coaches, are not performing well. So that is not a reliable formula. I’m not saying I know what that formula is, but it doesn’t hurt to examine other options. Personally, I think the ability to recruit great talent, and then instill an atmosphere of enthusiasm, goal achievement, desire, and school pride with that talent will be successful here.

Lots of big name programs, who hired proven head coaches, are not performing well. So that is not a reliable formula. I’m not saying I know what that formula is, but it doesn’t hurt to examine other options. Personally, I think the ability to recruit great talent, and then instill an atmosphere of enthusiasm, goal achievement, desire, and school pride with that talent will be successful here.
We gambled on a guy that was a known loser as HC. Predictably, it didn't work out. It's understandable that fans would rather us hire a current HC that is a proven winner over a complete unknown. Like someone else mentioned, it's a lower risk. And there are at least a couple of other viable candidates that fit that bill.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
if you could only find two good reasons to hire Beamer. 1. He knows our recruiting territory, has worked it and was successful at it. 2. He has been around a dynamic and prolific offense, so he should know how to install It.
It hasn’t sunk in on people yet that successful head coaches don’t want this job. And as far as no head coaching experience, he knows from his Dad that you become a good CEO and don’t let your ego get in the way of hiring great coaches and get out of the way and let them do their job. Just look at Dabo, he is no wizard of football.

But were in the SEC remember...every coach wants to come here 🤣

I’m a Georgia fan and I would not support a Beamer hire. A hire who has never been a head coach is always a greater risk than someone with a head coaching resume.

Never understood the Muschamp hire. Why think a guy who couldn’t get it done in Gainesville could get it done in Columbia. Always thought Holtz and Spurrier were bandaids rather than program fixes. Why not find a coach that, if things go well, can be the face of the program for 15 to 20 years?

From my vantage point, Jamie Chadwell would be high on my list. He made Charleston Southern something they had never been and has done the same thing at Coastal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT