ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson will murder us, but at least we

Mar 12, 2016
are bowl eligible and have some talent that can potentially do some good things in the not so distant future.

Last edited:
Hell no. Just not many Eric Norwoods A lot around here go for the money too early
Players leave early at every other SEC school (except maybe Alabama) too.

Why stick around when your chances of getting to the CFB playoff are so slim? Clemson has kept players for that reason only. If they have any kind of drop off you'll see some start bolting early.

Players leave early at every other SEC school (except maybe Alabama) too.

Why stick around when your chances of getting to the CFB playoff are so slim? Clemson has kept players for that reason only. If they have any kind of drop off you'll see some start bolting early.

Clemson has historically had kids return a lot more often than us. We have had lots of players leave that had no chance of going in early rounds. Regardless of record if deshaun Watson was at Carolina he would have left his jr year We need to figure out what makes em stay. Money

Reactions: 92Pony
Clemson has historically had kids return a lot more often than us. We have had lots of players leave that had no chance of going in early rounds. Regardless of record if deshaun Watson was at Carolina he would have left his jr year We need to figure out what makes em stay. Money

I totally understand guys like Clowney and Alshon leaving early but we have an epidemic of guys leaving early who are to be blunt “Not NFL ready” and it rarely works out for them . I wonder what Quarles , Hampton , Ace , Troy Williamson etc etc or doing now . Hopefully they invested what money they got on rookie contracts . I think Agents and friends and family get in their heads and it takes a strong coach to tell the kid that they just aren’t good enough yet .

I totally understand guys like Clowney and Alshon leaving early but we have an epidemic of guys leaving early who are to be blunt “Not NFL ready” and it rarely works out for them . I wonder what Quarles , Hampton , Ace , Troy Williamson etc etc or doing now . Hopefully they invested what money they got on rookie contracts . I think Agents and friends and family get in their heads and it takes a strong coach to tell the kid that they just aren’t good enough yet .

Thanks for making the point I couldn’t. This is exactly what I was saying. Those type players stay at other schools and it really helps. Vic Hampton and Kelcy staying would have been huge. Man I would love a Vic Hampton to step up Saturday

I agree with you with the exception of Troy Williamson. He went high in the first round. Seventh if I remember correctly. He made the correct choice without a doubt.

Reactions: DrMickey
I wouldnt be so sure, Carolina will be the one of the toughest teams the taters will play, up to this point it has been A&M... Look at what ND did to Syracuse the second best team in the Asheshe... It all depends on injuries, if SC can get some players back, they can give the MIGHTY (y´all act like they are the NE Patriots) a game... I say F**K the Taters, Beat the hell out of them, they have had what, 10 Bye weeks leading up tho this game..

Reactions: lostcock
I agree with you with the exception of Troy Williamson. He went high in the first round. Seventh if I remember correctly. He made the correct choice without a doubt.

Yeah he’s also considered one of the top 10 busts of all time . He was out of the league in 4 years . He got his 1st Round money however so that’s good for him . Would have been interesting to see how much better he would have developed coming back and playing for Spurrier for one year . Having Troy and Sidney Rice on the field together would have been insane . He did get first round money so even though his career was a bust he probably made enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life .

Reactions: king ward

Vic is making Instagram videos of himself drunk driving and promoting strip clubs.

Reactions: street larry
I wouldnt be so sure, Carolina will be the one of the toughest teams the taters will play, up to this point it has been A&M... Look at what ND did to Syracuse the second best team in the Asheshe... It all depends on injuries, if SC can get some players back, they can give the MIGHTY (y´all act like they are the NE Patriots) a game... I say F**K the Taters, Beat the hell out of them, they have had what, 10 Bye weeks leading up tho this game..

I hate them worse than anyone, but it will be over in the first quarter

I think Clemsin high ups actually think of ways to get better or to get around certain rules. Or at least they encourage those under them to do it. I heard it was them that thought up the deferred payment through a go fund me or something like that several years back.
They claimed they used former players in practice after it was revealed Bama did it. I don’t understand why former guys would risk injury but whatever. We have probably never did that. And Newspring is just a tad too close to a football program to think everything’s on the up and up.

Clemson won't murder us. Don't be surprised if this game goes down to the wire. Tigers not as good as advertised and we aren't as bad.
Finally, Another person that doesnt think SC loses by 60!! GO COCKS!! The most electrifying player on the field will be wearing White and Garnet.. Deebo... With him, we always have a chance..

What a drop off of expectations for this year. Now after 10 games, were reduced to "at least we're bowl eligible"

Clemson got to the top by turning lemons into lemonade. They played themselves up as kings of football when we were beating them 5 in a row. We gotta adopt the "we're awesome" mentality even if we clearly aren't. Spin and make excuses for our losses. Inflate the importance of our wins. Marketing, marketing, marketing, people.

Do I believe a healthy Gamecock Team could upset the taters? I do - do I think we can upset them with the injuries we have right now? No - I don’t. The key to beating the taters is playing man coverage and getting pressure on Hollywood which I don’t think we can do - the key is stopppinh the running game which we have had trouble doing. Now can we stay close - yes but only if we use quick passes - a few deep balls here and there and run when they expect pass and pass when they expect run - be unpredictable - I think the offense at times has been too predictable which will not bode well for us if we are too predictable - watch the 1st quarter of the Duke game and the 4th quarter of the A&M game and you have the secret of scoring on the taters - issue I’d the execution of the plays - Bentley has play horrible in both games against the enemy so he will be key in keeping is close enough to push an upset bid forward.

Reactions: roosterbell
Clemson got to the top by turning lemons into lemonade. They played themselves up as kings of football when we were beating them 5 in a row. We gotta adopt the "we're awesome" mentality even if we clearly aren't. Spin and make excuses for our losses. Inflate the importance of our wins. Marketing, marketing, marketing, people.

It would take a fair amount of marketing acumen to spin a 6-4 football team into a perceived "awesome" program.

It would take a fair amount of marketing acumen to spin a 6-4 football team into a perceived "awesome" program.

That's how Clemson did it.

You see, at Clemson, and I guess not at Darla Moore, their business school teaches that, to sell a product, you have to "market" your "brand." I guess that's what they teach, anyway. I've never read a book about marketing, but it seems to be how Clemson does it.

Anyway, they teach to "market" your "brand." And if you get the right "synergy" or something, a "paradigm" happens where your "brand" "sells" for a "profit." I guess. It's like how McDonald's really sucks but it sells more burgers than anywhere, so it's the best. Clemson was losing 5 in a row to us, and they were basically frauds who beat a bunch of crappy teams. But during that same time period, they "marketed" that "brand" and their fans and recruits "bought in" and now they are "kicking our ass" every year.

Or something like that. So yes, we are gonna be 7-5 and are going to basically the best football team since the Dolphins won that thing that happened before television. Marketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldhunter

I actually agree with this, @allyourbase . They are masters of the spin zone and we are self-deprecating to a point of it be detrimental to our success. I include myself in that point. Maybe I should work on it....

Reactions: street larry
I would love it if this were true. But right now it's just wishful thinking.

I'm not saying we are going to win but if we don't turn the ball over and our receivers don't drop any we've got a shot. Jake has to have a good game, doesn't even have to have a great game and we're in it.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I'm not saying we are going to win but if we don't turn the ball over and our receivers don't drop any we've got a shot. Jake has to have a good game, doesn't even have to have a great game and we're in it.

He has to play the game of his life and then some. We’ll need 50 to win

He has to play the game of his life and then some. We’ll need 50 to win

Nope, we just have to win the turnover battle and Jake needs to have a solid game. We do that and the game will be in the 30s, not the 50s. Florida's secondary is better than Clemson's, in fact most of the SECs secondaries are better than Clemson's, and we've been able to throw the ball against all of them. We'll be able to throw on Clemson, all we have to do is catch them and we're in bidness.

In the 30s we've got a chance. I always like our chances when everybody counts us out.

hoorah!

Nope, we just have to win the turnover battle and Jake needs to have a solid game. We do that and the game will be in the 30s, not the 50s. Florida's secondary is better than Clemson's, in fact most of the SECs secondaries are better than Clemson's, and we've been able to throw the ball against all of them. We'll be able to throw on Clemson, all we have to do is catch them and we're in bidness.

In the 30s we've got a chance. I always like our chances when everybody counts us out.

I just don't see it, friend. They will be able to score at will and this will be the best defense we've faced all year. Just an awful matchup for us

I just don't see it, friend. They will be able to score at will and this will be the best defense we've faced all year. Just an awful matchup for us

This might be the best DL we've faced this year, but overall the defense is not as good as Georgia. We will have trouble running the ball, but we've had trouble running the ball against everybody. Our receivers are better than their cover guys.

When the pessimism becomes this universal, good things usually happen for the underdogs. Everything you say about Clemson, every Clemson fan on the planet believes and 95% of our fans believe it. Clemson has probably requisitioned thousands of commemorative footballs already. What did you think of our chances in 2010 when Alabama came to Columbia?

Reactions: LacedOutDan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT