ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second one was real. It was a sidline PF because the Cuse coach used form major foul language at the ref. Some really ugly words....lol:eek:
What about the others? There's NO way the ACC refs will let Clemson lose at this point! They're the darlings of the ACC over Fla. State this year (UNC doesn't have a chance in the championship game) and they're also the darlings of some of the national media! Wish the refs weren't so in control but they definitely will have the input/control if necessary!

Reactions: nc38
dominating opponents, the same happened to taters today, they were favored by 4 td and had to hold on by 10, if committee is consistent they should move taters down

dominating opponents, the same happened to taters today, they were favored by 4 td and had to hold on by 10, if committee is consistent they should move taters down
Not gonna happen - they're the darlings of not only the ACC this year with Fla. St. down and they'll be protected throughout the rest of the season, but also many in the national media love the "Dabo Show" plus having those committee members, too. BTW, with the ACC refs UNC can forget any chance they may "think" they have for the ACC title! I certainly realize this doesn't help us in any way except they're our rivals who we compete with - THAT matters to many. Yes, we need to be concerned about OUR problems (which we ARE) & have to fix our own problems all by ourselves - that's a given - but Clemson just rolling unscathed doesn't help us either!

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
They will remain #1, but some of the bloom is coming off that rose. Their last two outings against inferior opponents has been unremarkable.

Thats not what Ohio State fell. The reason Ohio State fell was because at the time of the first cfb playoff rankings(and as of today I think) they had not played a team that was ranked in the top 30 all year and they were struggling EVERY game and not just one. Last night might have been the first dominate performance they have had this year.

They will not lose a game before they enter the playoffs. Someone will have to beat them. I think Bama's defense would present a major challenge.

What's worrying me is all the teams that could beat Clemson are getting knocked off by teams that are getting lucky (Oklahoma State and Oklahoma) and Notre Dame still has to play Stanford (who's out of it now) and could knock off ND. Clemson will end up playing some crap team that sneaks in the playoffs like Oklahoma that always poops the bed in big bowl games. This is shaping up real well for the taters.

Reactions: Clevercock3
They will not lose a game before they enter the playoffs. Someone will have to beat them. I think Bama's defense would present a major challenge.
Taters will avoid playing Bama, you watch. Somehow this is shaping up for Clemson to play someone that doesn't belong there but got lucky.

Garnet glasses aside, everyone can tell that Bama should be at the #1 spot. They will most likely win out the rest of the regular season & beat any of the teams in the playoffs. In time everything will play out.

My guess is if we beat Notre Dame, a Top 4 Playoff team, FSU (or UF), and was 9-0 that we might be #1 too. I hate it, but they've got the resume and the "eye test". There is a reason the AP has voted them #1, the friggin college coaches have them #2, and the Playoff committee has 'em #1. They may not be a Top 5 team, but they're pretty doggone good.
The newly released coaches poll has them @ #1.

Not necessarily suggesting you should have been banned, but may I ask what you said that you think they were too "sensitive" about?
Don't remember but it was in 2010 after your FIRST loss to Auburn that season. It was a relatively mild comment in my mind at the time.

What's worrying me is all the teams that could beat Clemson are getting knocked off by teams that are getting lucky (Oklahoma State and Oklahoma) and Notre Dame still has to play Stanford (who's out of it now) and could knock off ND. Clemson will end up playing some crap team that sneaks in the playoffs like Oklahoma that always poops the bed in big bowl games. This is shaping up real well for the taters.
A crap team in the playoffs? Wow. Perhaps they should just take the top 4 teams from the SEC West.

Reactions: cockynSC66

I'm sorry but there will never be a "crap" team in the playoffs. We are talking about the best teams in the country. Poor choice of words on your part. So if Clemson wins it all...this is going to be your excuse?

Taters will avoid playing Bama, you watch. Somehow this is shaping up for Clemson to play someone that doesn't belong there but got lucky.
You don't get lucky after playing 12 or 13 games to get to the playoffs.....you have to earn it. I would love to play BAMA because it would mean we made the playoffs.

Ignore them. I trolled CULosers.com for 5 years. Got banned twice. All I ever told them was the truth. No dynasty is permanent. We'll have our time again. Ebb and flow, my friends.

Ignore them. I trolled CULosers.com for 5 years. Got banned twice. All I ever told them was the truth. No dynasty is permanent. We'll have our time again. Ebb and flow, my friends.
You've only ever had one "dynasty" in your entire history if that's what you want to call it. Three excellent years with some great teams that never went to a BCS bowl or won a championship. You have one championship in the 100 and something year history of your program. Now all I am doing is speaking the truth.

You don't get lucky after playing 12 or 13 games to get to the playoffs.....you have to earn it. I would love to play BAMA because it would mean we made the playoffs.

I think you have a good team! But there is also the side of me that thinks you are pretending based on your schedule to date!

FSU is not good and I really don't think ND is either but in any case we will find out here shortly!

You've only ever had one "dynasty" in your entire history if that's what you want to call it. Three excellent years with some great teams that never went to a BCS bowl or won a championship. You have one championship in the 100 and something year history of your program. Now all I am doing is speaking the truth.

Thank god we didn't make to a BCS bowl and get 70 hung on us!

Reactions: TheReelEss
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT