ADVERTISEMENT

Clmson OC Elliot hot name for UCF job

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
His name has gotten alot of "traction" for that job according to Bruce Feldman. Would be interesting to see if Jeff Scott gets full OC job or does Dabo go outside to fill that spot if Elliot does leave.

I think their offense is so systematic at this point that it might not make that big of a difference who is calling the plays. If he leaves, how much of a difference will it really make? Now if Venables leaves, I think that's a different story. But is their offense plug-and-play at this point?

Now the larger issue might be recruiting if Elliot is a major player there for them.

I think their offense is so systematic at this point that it might not make that big of a difference who is calling the plays. If he leaves, how much of a difference will it really make? Now if Venables leaves, I think that's a different story. But is their offense plug-and-play at this point?

Now the larger issue might be recruiting if Elliot is a major player there for them.
Elliot is a top-notch recruiter. Evidently he has also been the play-caller since Morris left.

It may be systematic but whoever is there needs to make the right calls at the right time. Elliot did a great job with that. I think recruiting will be their big issue. They may also promote their QB coach, he is very highly thought of around there. I think it is Brandon Streeter.

No, IMO Elliott is the “lead” co-coordinator and the mind behind the calls. I for one would hate to,lose either of them, obviously can’t speak for others. If Elliott does get the job, good on him. Don’t know what Dabo would do, but he wouldn’t want to lose Jeff, he’s a very good recruiter and I think a decent play caller. My money would be for Dabo to at least give him a shot, but he seems to be a pretty good evaluator of coaching talent and will not hesitate to make changes if necessary e.g. Napier, Steele. Just my thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT