ADVERTISEMENT

Clowney may not see feild in 2015

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
I'm sure a lot of it is pure speculation, but I would not put him on the field until he was 100%. If that meant holding him out another year, then so be it. I doubt the owner feels that way, but there is a long ways to go until the first game. Problem is this microfracture surgery has such a long recovery time.

Knee Injury

Maybe the Houston Texans should start looking at their field and look into new turf. Clooney isn't the only player to get hurt on stepping on divots on that field...

They are reportedly going to field turf, and doing away with the natural grass.

Our best in years, maybe ever, on both offense and defense could very well be done in the NFL already. Clowney has a loooonnng road ahead and the odds r against him. That's just terrible luck for both of them mainly. But also for USC. Having great players showing out on Sundays is a yearly recruiting gem that helps efforts. We may not end up benefitting from that in either case. Lastly I want to say that statement in no way was meant to be selfish for USC and myself first. My heart breaks for these guys. They have busted their tail and made us proud. Get healthy soon JDC!

For any type of surgery, I would have sought out numerous opinions from multiple sources. I don't know the facts, but maybe he got some bad advice.

I really hope he can recover- and concerning the article the OP linked- pretty crappy jab the writer took at the end- why do that?

Originally posted by stevestrat2:
I really hope he can recover- and concerning the article the OP linked- pretty crappy jab the writer took at the end- why do that?
I agree. Sounds like a fish-wrap sensationalist trying to make another dime.

Clowney will play, and hopefully next season. Even at 75% he's better than most. With the right rehab he'll be fine. And in their 3-4 defense he can play a huge role as a hybrid OLB/DE.

Just read today that he is expected to be ready at the beginning of the season.

biggest NFL bust since Ryan Leaf. Wish I could sign my name and make 14 million. I still say his GPA at USC was 0.0. Can't believe he ever graced the halls of the U of SC?

i know this sounds strange, but is there not any legal action he could take.....if he were not able to return

Originally posted by Upstate Catamount:

biggest NFL bust since Ryan Leaf. Wish I could sign my name and make 14 million. I still say his GPA at USC was 0.0. Can't believe he ever graced the halls of the U of SC?
Who rattle your cage mountacat...

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:

Are you this pre-mature in other areas as well??? Talk about jumping the gun.......

Dabo loves him ( he said so). So you should too.

Upstate dumba$$, My son had a couple of classes with Clowney. He says Clowney never missed a class they had together and he did well. Typical talk from someone who doesn't have a clue.

This has to be a troll. Dude has a long way to go before being considered a bust in any way. One year with injuries does not make a player a bust. There was no way he was going to live up to all the expectations put on him coming out of college. Very few guys ever do. Give the guy a chance and see what he does going forward.

Originally posted by hobcawcreekcock:
Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:

Are you this pre-mature in other areas as well??? Talk about jumping the gun.......
Do tell from your high and mighty perch... Tell me why I'm pre-mature in other areas as well??? Talk about jumping the gun.......

This mountacat is just trolling around here as you do as well, trashing players...

This post was edited on 2/21 1:45 PM by world famous 3rd base hecklers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT