ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon man!

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
Spurrier and Elliot are now saying that Missouri knew our offensive signals... and they might need to change them. Really?!? Isn't this basic stuff?

C'mon man.

Reactions: onebigdude
Spurrier and Elliot are now saying that Missouri knew our offensive signals... and they might need to change them. Really?!? Isn't this basic stuff?

C'mon man.
Sad that every team will steal your signals if you let them, yet we can't figure this out. Our coaches mentioned before the season that our signals had been stolen and we may need more than one person sending them in. C'mon Man is perfect for this crap!

Our opponents are not stealing our signals. They are keying on the stance of our OL, where our RB lines up in the backfield, and how our TE's are lined up. Then, they just watch the time clock tick down to :01 and beat our OL to the punch. Not really that difficult for any opponent to pick up after seeing our offense do exactly the same thing over and over, game after game.

There is no way they knew our signals.....smoke screen....the Chinese fire drill we run can't get to our players clean and clear......

C'mon man.
Where did you hear that Spurrier and Elliot are saying it? What I heard Spurrier say when asked about it by a reporter is "it's not that difficult when you only have 2 plays".

Reactions: PC31
This is rather humorous. There wasn't much to try & figure out. 1 running play, the zone read. We may pass to the right end occasionally but most of the time if we need a 1st down, no matter the down & distance, we usually chuck it deep. Not a hard to stop if you ask me. We've lost our creativity on offense. We're way too vanilla & basic at this point to be able to put together long sustaining drives. It appears at this point that we need an entire new philosophy on offense.

What ever happened to the I-formation which we used to run pretty effectively late in games from a couple years ago?

What ever happened to the I-formation which we used to run pretty effectively late in games from a couple years ago?
I don't know why we've went away from it. Everything now is run out of the shotgun. We barley use a fullback anymore when that position used to be a useful one for us. We seem to make things hard on ourselves with play calling most times.

KeystoneKops.jpg

Our opponents are not stealing our signals. They are keying on the stance of our OL, where our RB lines up in the backfield, and how our TE's are lined up. Then, they just watch the time clock tick down to :01 and beat our OL to the punch. Not really that difficult for any opponent to pick up after seeing our offense do exactly the same thing over and over, game after game.

Well it takes all the fun out of it when you say it like that.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Coach Spurrier did not say Missouri knew our calls. He said when you only run 2 running plays and have one guy signaling them in it's not hard to figure it out.
He's CLEARLY is sick of Coach Elliotts crappy "system" that never works.
Unfortunately this is the bed he's made and we are stuck with Elliotts zone read garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT