ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Frank named as UCONN candidate

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Frank Martin has yet to squash rumors he is a candidate for the UConn vacancy... If he doesn't do so soon Director Tanner should kick his his ass...

This rumor only benefits FM, he courts UConn for a sweet deal and then he can parlay for a raise or take their offer for more money. He has no clear motive to deny these rumors

Reactions: funktavious
I’ll take that bet. Every college coach worth a crap wants to go to a school where there sport is king. What’s king in Storrs, Connecticut?

ok, i'll bet you also, send me 20.00, i'll hold it, and if you win, i'll sent you 40.00...I'm emailing you my address now.

I’ll take that bet. Every college coach worth a crap wants to go to a school where there sport is king. What’s king in Storrs, Connecticut?

They've got 4 men's basketball national championship trophies in last 19 years, that all!!

ok, send me 20.00, i'll hold it, and if you win, i'll sent you 40.00...I'm emailing you my address now.
We can meet up at a football game and you're welcome to come tailgate with us. I'll have $20 on me.

There's more to it than that. Every coach wants to coach a program like Alabama in football. Not every coach wants to go to Alabama though. He can win here, he's proven that to himself. He also doesn't have near the pressure he will have up there. If he thinks it's hard to compete with women's basketball here as far as attendance goes, he will have a rude awakening in CT.

i don't wish it happens, i just think it happens
That's why I only bet $20 and not $200. I think there's a 60% chance he's here next year and a 50% chance the year after, depending on how next season goes.

That's why I only bet $20 and not $200. I think there's a 60% chance he's here next year and a 50% chance the year after, depending on how next season goes.

The sad thing is.. if he does leave, on this site, you'll be surprised how many people will be glad to see Martin go.

Reactions: roosterbell
Doubt he goes there. UCONN isn’t an elite job for as long as they are stuck in the American Athletic Confernce.

Reactions: okccock
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this.
AAC has Cincy, Wichita St, Memphis & Houston as their top teams.
This is not a shabby lineup.

It’s more about the screwy geography. But to your point, even in a pretty decent year for the conference, they were still 7th in confernce RPI. UCONN needs to get in the big east to be legit again.

Might make MBB the prince, but the ladies are the king (or queen, if you prefer) in Storrs.

I"ll guarantee that university cares more about those 4 men's championships, than 50 women's championships... i know their pocket book does

Frank Martin has yet to squash rumors he is a candidate for the UConn vacancy... If he doesn't do so soon Director Tanner should kick his his ass...
giphy.gif

Frank ain't goin' nowhere and he doesn't live in Dawn's shadow either. There was much more excitement about his Final Four appearance last year than Dawn's NC. Frank can get it done here but some of us think the "magic man" coach is out there just waiting to come to USC. Coach on Frank.

Moreover, they have been able to win four (4) NCAA men's championships since 1999. It is a plum basketball job.

And yet they’ve missed the NCAA tournament 3 of the 5 years they’ve been in the AAC. And are currently in terrible shape.

And yet they’ve missed the NCAA tournament 3 of the 5 years they’ve been in the AAC. And are currently in terrible shape.

you conveniently left out that they won the national championship 4 years ago....far from in bad shape... there are plenty of players willing to play at UCONN with the right coach

the conference matters little..see Gonzaga

Reactions: king ward
Tough talkers on the internet " i would go down the Martin's office and kick his ass and piss on his dead body .

Reactions: Athenscock1
So they've been twice in five years, eh? How many times have we Danced over that period? It isn't enough for them, which is why they are taking corrective action. They will rebound. The great programs don't stay down because their leadership has the will to reestablish superiority. If we had won four national titles over the past 18 years, we wouldn't countenance poor performance for very long, either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT