ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Raises.... T.Rob 1.2 million [Link]

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
What idiot here kept telling me we'd never pay an assistant $1.M+ a year?

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_c849c098-f7a4-11e7-8e9b-3384dff6243d.html

Head coach Will Muschamp: Contract extended three years through 2023, earning $4.2 million in the first year and ending at $5.2 million in 2023.

Defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson: Contract extended three years through 2020, earning $1.2 million per.

Offensive coordinator/wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon: Contract extended two years through 2019, earning $650,000 per.

Defensive line coach/assistant head coach Lance Thompson: Contract extended two years through 2019, earning $550,000 per.

Offensive line coach Eric Wolford: Contract extended two years through 2019, earning $600,000 per.

Running backs coach Bobby Bentley: Contract extended one year through 2018, earning $400,000.

Special teams coordinator/linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler: Contract extended one year through 2018, earning $475,000.

Outside linebackers coach Mike Peterson: Contract extended one year through 2018, earning $300,000.

Tight ends coach Pat Washington: Contract extended one year through 2018, earning $300,000.

Quarterbacks coach Dan Werner: Two-year contract, $500,000 per.

Kyle Krantz: One-year contract, $125,000 per.

Strength and conditioning coach Jeff Dillman: Contract extended one year through 2018, earning $425,000.

Well earned
Zb9LQCI.gif

USC loosening purse strings. No one should post that the athletic dept is stingy anymore. What a staff BOOM has assembled. Best one ever.
I think one reason he may have promoted BM is because he went the experienced route four times and it didn't work. Exciting time to be a GC. Boom and FM are the best.

Chump change. The gold standard is $2.5 million now. So we're still lagging. I think the raise Muschamp got was appropriate. We're still low-balling the other assistants.

I disagree. If we were low balling any of them, they would be gone elsewhere. Some schools have gone way over the market. 2.5 million for a D.C.???

as a retired first sergeant, I'd like to apply for the position of motivational coach. I'll do it for a cool 250,000 a year. As and electrician, I'll even keep the lights burning in all the offices. No way I'm changing lights at top of WB.....js

I disagree. If we were low balling any of them, they would be gone elsewhere. Some schools have gone way over the market. 2.5 million for a D.C.???
They would only be gone if somebody else wanted these particular assistants and were willing to pay more money. The schools that go high set the bar. That ain't us and won't ever be us. Now of course, it doesn't make sense to pay more than you have to. But what we pay isn't exceptional, either, by SEC and upper-tier Power Five standards.

That is what it's gonna take if you want to be competitive these days and alot of schools have bigger salaries than that. College football is a money making business. That being said i think the Cocks are gonna be tough this year especially if the offense gets rolling and i am ready for some hard-nosed in your face Carolina Football. It is time to make a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT