ADVERTISEMENT

coach

Hoping it is someone good, Tom. Wish we could get some inside information. I just can't figure out why it isn't announced NOW...instead of after Feb. 4th...unless he really is going to let some coaches go. If he does fire some...then people will say he lied about saying no coaches would be let go.

No.

I imagine Ellis Johnson is the fall-back person- and it will be a office position - not an on the field position.

More like a defensive consultant.

It's beyond known understanding an reasoning why Steve Spurrier is happy with the current assistant coaches he has.

At least you know where you stand when no other schools try to hire any of our coaches.

Originally posted by Rollerdude123:

No.

I imagine Ellis Johnson is the fall-back person- and it will be a office position - not an on the field position.

More like a defensive consultant.

It's beyond known understanding an reasoning why Steve Spurrier is happy with the current assistant coaches he has.

At least you know where you stand when no other schools try to hire any of our coaches.
EJ is on the list of possible hires, there are some decisions by others before EJ is hired. He wants to be back in Columbia, even if it is just a position coach. I do not think he will be behind a desk.

Spurrier is not happy with current staff, but nobody will be let go, they will either leave on their own or have non-coaching duties. Since they are under contract, we would pay them anyway, so it is best to have them do something for the enhancement of the football program. I am thinking 2 to 3 coaches, Ward is not one of them.

Originally posted by nikolas22:
Hoping it is someone good, Tom. Wish we could get some inside information. I just can't figure out why it isn't announced NOW...instead of after Feb. 4th...unless he really is going to let some coaches go. If he does fire some...then people will say he lied about saying no coaches would be let go.
Spurrier has told the media, the football players and recruits that he is not firing any coaches. He may add 1 or 2 coaches, after signing day. If I recall, he has previously said coaches may have different responsibilities next year. I don't expect anyone to be fired but 1 or 2 current coaches may end up with non-coaching responsibilities. I guess it would be up to them to accept or find different employment. Regardless, SOS is not firing anyone, unless a unforeseen circumstance arises.

The HBC will ,in all likelihood, hire another body to assist with the defense. It may even be an administrative position so as not to offend the current assistant coaches on board. This will accomplish two things. It will show the national media that he took steps to help the defense in the wake of a poor season, and secondly, to soothe the local fans desiring something to be done about the defense...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT