ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Masks

I did - you can too if you like facts.
Not per capita and you have to factor in population density, come on y’all this is 9th grade human geo stuff
Published in Forbes on 1/9/21:

New York is the second state to cross the 1 in 500 deaths threshold, with the other state being neighboring New Jersey, which also bore the brunt of the initial U.S. coronavirus surge in the spring.
SURPRISING FACT
New York is the fourth largest state by population in the U.S., but its deaths per capita rate is significantly higher than the other three states that make up the top four, even though all of those states have dealt with major coronavirus outbreaks. The death rate in New York is nearly twice that of Florida, the next closest state. Covid has killed around 1 in every 1,000 Florida residents.

Deaths per capita is a health care access and treatment issue, a better indicator to whether mandates are effective (which are meant to restrict THE SPREAD of covid) is infections per capita

Had anybody else noticed that the masks the coaches are wearing are just for show. You can see their faces through them. After researching, the mask they are wearing is the Shema97 mask. It filters down to 1 micron. The size of COVID-19 is .12 microns. For comparison, an N-95 mask filters down to .1 micron. Point being that these masks, like most, are just for show and don’t do much at all to protect anyone from COVID.
Have you not realized that most mask are for show? Virtue signaling has reached an all time high.

Reactions: hillstosea
Have you not realized that most mask are for show? Virtue signaling has reached an all time high.
Oh really? You mean that people debunk them without any science actually backing it up and people don’t take to wearing them seriously?

weird

Deaths per capita is a health care access and treatment issue, a better indicator to whether mandates are effective (which are meant to restrict THE SPREAD of covid) is infections per capita
Okay - per CDC over the past 7 days - infections per capita. Updated Jan. 15, 2021. Looks like New York and California still make the top 8 cut.

State/TerritoryAverage Daily Cases per 100k in Last 7 Days
Arizona126.5
California107.9
Oklahoma95.5
South Carolina91.8
Rhode Island91.6
Georgia91.1
Utah90.2
New York88.1

they are going through a Christmas/thanksgiving surge right now but they are middle or below for the year along with their population density it makes it much harder to contain.

you go into a quarantine because you have a surge so it’s kind of cherry picking to use last 7 days as an indicator

If you look. At the whole narrative they have preformed much better than other states with less historic travel, tourism and density

In chess terms, I think I'll tip the king unless your willing to offer me a stalemate. We're going to have to agree to disagree. I'll not change your mind and you'll not change mind. I'll continue to fight against what I consider unwarranted government intrusions. I'd rather contract the virus than cower in a corner with a mask own. I'll never fear hugging my loved ones even if it kills me. Thanks for the spirited debate, my friend.

Reactions: feeble2001
Oh really? You mean that people debunk them without any science actually backing it up and people don’t take to wearing them seriously?

weird
Show me a study where the mask mandate has helped? Look up the difference of infection in Arizona counties with mask mandates and those without. Just because someone says it’s helpful doesn’t make it so.

Show me a study where the mask mandate has helped? Look up the difference of infection in Arizona counties with mask mandates and those without. Just because someone says it’s helpful doesn’t make it so.
Enforced mandate or just mandates that they just beg people to comply?

Enforced mandate or just mandates that they just beg people to comply?

State policies mandating public or community use of face masks or covers in mitigating the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are hotly contested. This study provides evidence from a natural experiment on the effects of state government mandates for face mask use in public issued by fifteen states plus Washington, D.C., between April 8 and May 15, 2020. The research design is an event study examining changes in the daily county-level COVID-19 growth rates between March 31 and May 22, 2020. Mandating face mask use in public is associated with a decline in the daily COVID-19 growth rate by 0.9, 1.1, 1.4, 1.7, and 2.0 percentage points in 1–5, 6–10, 11–15, 16–20, and 21 or more days after state face mask orders were signed, respectively. Estimates suggest that as a result of the implementation of these mandates, more than 200,000 COVID-19 cases were averted by May 22, 2020. The findings suggest that requiring face mask use in public could help in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.

Over the 15-week period, the average daily percent growth of reported COVID-19 cases across all five counties was 1.81% (±1.62%). The average daily percent growth in incident COVID-19 cases was similar between M+ and M- counties in the 3 weeks prior to implementation of mandatory mask policies (0.90% [±0.68] vs. 1.27% [±1.23%], respectively, p=0.269). Crude modeling with a difference-in-difference indicator showed that after 3 weeks of mask mandate implementation, M+ counties had a daily percent COVID-19 growth rate that was 1.32 times lower, or a 32% decrease. At 12 weeks post-mask policy implementation, the average daily COVID-19 case growth among M- was 2.42% (±1.92), and was significantly higher than the average daily COVID case growth among M+ counties (1.36% (±0.96%)) (p<0.001). A significant negative association was identified among counties between percent growth of COVID-19 cases and percent racial minorities per county (p<0.001), as well as population density (p<0.001).

I can find more if you want but it’s not hard

State policies mandating public or community use of face masks or covers in mitigating the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are hotly contested. This study provides evidence from a natural experiment on the effects of state government mandates for face mask use in public issued by fifteen states plus Washington, D.C., between April 8 and May 15, 2020. The research design is an event study examining changes in the daily county-level COVID-19 growth rates between March 31 and May 22, 2020. Mandating face mask use in public is associated with a decline in the daily COVID-19 growth rate by 0.9, 1.1, 1.4, 1.7, and 2.0 percentage points in 1–5, 6–10, 11–15, 16–20, and 21 or more days after state face mask orders were signed, respectively. Estimates suggest that as a result of the implementation of these mandates, more than 200,000 COVID-19 cases were averted by May 22, 2020. The findings suggest that requiring face mask use in public could help in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.

Over the 15-week period, the average daily percent growth of reported COVID-19 cases across all five counties was 1.81% (±1.62%). The average daily percent growth in incident COVID-19 cases was similar between M+ and M- counties in the 3 weeks prior to implementation of mandatory mask policies (0.90% [±0.68] vs. 1.27% [±1.23%], respectively, p=0.269). Crude modeling with a difference-in-difference indicator showed that after 3 weeks of mask mandate implementation, M+ counties had a daily percent COVID-19 growth rate that was 1.32 times lower, or a 32% decrease. At 12 weeks post-mask policy implementation, the average daily COVID-19 case growth among M- was 2.42% (±1.92), and was significantly higher than the average daily COVID case growth among M+ counties (1.36% (±0.96%)) (p<0.001). A significant negative association was identified among counties between percent growth of COVID-19 cases and percent racial minorities per county (p<0.001), as well as population density (p<0.001).

I can find more if you want but it’s not hard
Show me a peer reviewed study.

Can we just stop the “freedom” crap? Unless you are opposed to seat belt laws, smoking bans and criminalization of drugs then you aren’t worried about “freedom”. This is just the excuse of the small crowd who have been convinced masks are anti-Trump.

the pro-abortion crowd says hello.......wonder if they are opposed to those things in the name of freedom? Doubtful

Can we just stop the “freedom” crap? Unless you are opposed to seat belt laws, smoking bans and criminalization of drugs then you aren’t worried about “freedom”. This is just the excuse of the small crowd who have been convinced masks are anti-Trump.
I am against seat belt laws. That is a personal choice. I choose to wear a seat belt everytime I get in a car. I choose to wear a mask when I go out. I choose my own safety. I also expect others to make their own choices. We'll see how decriminalization of hard drugs goes in Washington. I bet that won't end well. Criminalization of hard drugs is supposed to curb addictive behaviors, which lead to more crimes and a detriment overall to society. Addicts do crazy shit to get their next fix, and don't care if they hurt people. I am for decriminalization of marijuana since it is less harmful than alcohol overall. That was always a money thing for the government because they can't tax it if you just grow it yourself.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Different question: does the virus on a surface die after 3 days?

Different question: does the virus on a surface die after 3 days?
Studies have shown that on non porous surfaces like steel and plastic it can live up to 3 days. However it is unlikely there would be enough virus on a surface at that point to cause issues. It is generally understood that the potency period for contact infection is around 2 hours.

Studies have shown that on non porous surfaces like steel and plastic it can live up to 3 days. However it is unlikely there would be enough virus on a surface at that point to cause issues. It is generally understood that the potency period for contact infection is around 2 hours.

So, my conclusion is that events that happen more than 3 days from a previous event in that venue should not be locked down due to COVID cleanup issues, only due to social distance issues, right?

So, my conclusion is that events that happen more than 3 days from a previous event in that venue should not be locked down due to COVID cleanup issues, only due to social distance issues, right?
I know that some companies we deal with have a rule where a positive COVID response requires lockdown until a full clean can occur which does fall outside of the 3 day window in some cases. Others have instituted a rule where a positive test results in quarantine of others on the site when can result on shutdowns.

I think most people are being overly cautious even beyond recommendations because they don’t want to either be sued due to an increase in positive results or be known as the business that caused an outbreak.

I know that some companies we deal with have a rule where a positive COVID response requires lockdown until a full clean can occur which does fall outside of the 3 day window in some cases. Others have instituted a rule where a positive test results in quarantine of others on the site when can result on shutdowns.

I think most people are being overly cautious even beyond recommendations because they don’t want to either be sued due to an increase in positive results or be known as the business that caused an outbreak.

I think you're right - potential litigation and fear of shaming are winning the day. I've worked in health care all my life and I've never seen anything like it. People extremely cautious get it. Careless people get it. Some have life threatening illnesses and some have no symptoms. Public and private policies are almost impossible to evaluate. I feel that anybody who thinks they understand how to control it have an inflated opinion of themselves.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Those are
This is copied directly out of the second article:

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

All you mask wearers are sheeple! This isn't just the beginning - this has been going on for a long time! First, a long while back I was told I'd have to wear pants and underwear if I wanted to go out in public. But you know what, I didn't fight it because I didn't know what a slippery slope was at the time. And besides, at that time my personal mantra was "no shirt, no shoes, no problem!" So you can imagine my dismay the first time I walked up to a 7-Eleven and my mantra was co-opted and switched up by the man so that now I had to throw a t-shirt on to get a dang slurpee! I don't even know why Big Government put those rules in place, but this whole "plague" is just an excuse to force us to wear another article of clothing. Where does it end?!?! Mandatory ear muffs?!? This government control is bringing me down.
The reason shirts shoes are required now is most stores now serve some type of hot food would you want you waiter to bring you your food naked?

ADVERTISEMENT