ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Masks

That’s not what the poster said. He said people arguing against masks are literally killing people.
If I don’t have the virus and I don’t wear a mask, I’m 100% not spreading the virus.....
Sure but you could have been asymptotic or confused a cough or minor symptoms as allergies and spread it.

not a ton of people are running around knowing they have the virus and spreading it out of spite

Sure but you could have been asymptotic or confused a cough or minor symptoms as allergies and spread it.

not a ton of people are running around knowing they have the virus and spreading it out of spite
It is true- takes days for symptoms to show up IF you have any at all and they are not positive of when you become contagious... but it is most certainly before the onset of symptoms. I know that for a fact- I had a coworker sit next to me at work on a Tuesday, he had a very minor cough but he is a smoker, thought nothing of it... Found out that night that the previous weekend he had been exposed. So we kept him out of the office after that but he never got sick so he thought he was fine, I felt fine... Took a few days for his test results to come back- I did not feel bad until Friday, which is when we found out he was positive, by that time all but one or two people in the entire office had it... I tested positive that afternoon. This thing ran through our office, I sat within 8 or so feet of him but we even have a partition between our desks, most everyone else in the office have separate office spaces entirely.. It still got all but a few. Who knows if wearing a mask all day every day would have prevented it or not, but we were not/do not to this day wear masks 8 hours a day while at work. Especially now that 90% of the office has antibodies...

I do know I was contagious before I got “Sick”, he never really got “sick” and he was contagious, and the healthiest person in our office- only in his mid-40s got the worst of it. I was REAL sick but only for a few days, and I am a little overweight compared to him and not nearly in as good a health as he is. He was deathly ill for over a week, almost had to call an ambulance one night, probably should have gone to the hospital.. Nothing about this thing makes sense and all the projections they try to make of who will get most ill/dies from it are proven to be wrong over and over.

In the end all we do know is that trying NOT to get it is about all that works. Unfortunately, too many Americans are unwilling to be serious about wearing masks and taking steps to prevent the rampant spread of it, so it has ravaged our society much worse than any other in the world. Ironic that the pushback against “draconian measures” that would wreck our economy HAVE WRECKED OUR ECONOMY much worse and much LONGER than it would have gotten wrecked if we had taken things serious from the start. Now it is so rampant and spreading so fast, we won’t see an end until the vaccines have been given to like 60-79%+ of the population (that type of rollout plus those who have already been sick should be a sufficient herd immunity) which, at this rate could be 2022.

What 90% of the people are wearing in their faces are the same fabric out underwear and T-shirts’ are made of.

Masks protect us from the spray of water droplets that come out when someone breathes, coughs or sneezes... The majority are not designed to protect you from rogue virus particles randomly ejecting themselves into space because that is not how transmission occurs.

th

Got this straight from facebook? Then it must be true.

Ive done a lot of really dumb things in my life but one of the absolute dumbest things ive ever done is put on a mask to enter a restaurant, walk 30 feet to a table, then immediately remove the mask once seated. Or sitting at a bar enjoying a beer and talking with friends, then having to put on a mask to walk by those same friends to go to the bathroom.

I'm not sick. I don't need a mask. The "asymptomatic carrier" BS has been dispelled.

Reactions: 99Malik
This is so full of stupid I don’t even know where to start.
What’s bad is how you are always pumping rainbows and unicorns about our football program. It’s a flu virus not a plague. I hate for anybody to die period, but you are still more likely in the great state of South Carolina to die from an accident.

What’s bad is how you are always pumping rainbows and unicorns about our football program. It’s a flu virus not a plague. I hate for anybody to die period, but you are still more likely in the great state of South Carolina to die from an accident.

Got this straight from facebook? Then it must be true.
I got the meme from the internet, like all memes. I got the info I typed from the CDC, and the foremost disease experts in the world. Yes, it is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dizzy01
You’re so wrong, there are on average 800 car fatalities in SC a year, coronavirus has killed 6000 in SC

Ive done a lot of really dumb things in my life but one of the absolute dumbest things ive ever done is put on a mask to enter a restaurant, walk 30 feet to a table, then immediately remove the mask once seated. Or sitting at a bar enjoying a beer and talking with friends, then having to put on a mask to walk by those same friends to go to the bathroom.

I'm not sick. I don't need a mask. The "asymptomatic carrier" BS has been dispelled.
That is BS. I CAUGHT IT from a guy with virtually no symptoms who did not know he was sick. Take your garbage somewhere else.

What is it about this disease that makes people just want to flat out LIE about it? Just make shit up, ignore expert advice.. I did not want any lockdowns when this started either, I railed against the idea to anyone who would listen. Now, almost a year later, we see countries all over the world who were able to get back to normal months before us because they simply did what was asked of them!.. And yet still, morons in America are believing “anti-vax” level BS conspiracy theories and taking the word of instagram celebrities and politicians over medical professionals. Some of ya’ll need to realize that spreading this BS is literally killing people! You have blood on your hands.. Putting a mask on takes 1 second, it does not hurt, it is not even that uncomfortable and while it is not 100% effective is DOES limit the spread... I don’t know where you get your BS info from but I suspect it makes FB seem reliable.
Here- let’s do a simple google search... Hmm, yep, looks like EVERY source says you are full of it:
Wow. I am shocked! It was not dispelled at all..

Shocking turn of events- another easy to find random article sighting multiple studies that call you a fkn liar! 😱

This one states that MOST covid cases come from asymptomatic carries... Man it is really almost like you just made it up. Someone on a sports forum posting about covid who had no clue what he was talking about? Where are we supposed to get our info from?

I mean seriously- it is ok to just STFU when you don’t know what you are talking about. There is literally no law that says you have to chime in with this sort of stupidity on a subject where you are completely over your head..

What? Do your posts even make sense to you when you type them?
How does football relate to discussions on this subject? This is not the flu, I never compared it to the plague and I don’t know what kind of accidents you are referring to but the normal
number of deaths attributed to “accident” in our state number around 3,000 on average, at last count SC has had 5,800 deaths from Covid. Not only are your posts irrelevant, rambling nonsense, when you do try to make a coherent statement, it is easily proven to be flat out wrong. Again- see my post above for the PSA- there is literally no law that requires you to interject your opinion into a discussion where you have NO FKN CLUE what you are talking about. You can literally just STFU and NOT embarrass yourself... Clearly you were unaware that was an option??

Reactions: paladin181
What's stupid about the statement, Sarge, or are you one of the "it wasn't China" bunch?. More wask wearing than EVER, and the Covid count continues upward...although the fatality rate is still around 1.3%.

What? Do your posts even make sense to you when you type them?
How does football relate to discussions on this subject? This is not the flu, I never compared it to the plague and I don’t know what kind of accidents you are referring to but the normal
number of deaths attributed to “accident” in our state number around 3,000 on average, at last count SC has had 5,800 deaths from Covid. Not only are your posts irrelevant, rambling nonsense, when you do try to make a coherent statement, it is easily proven to be flat out wrong. Again- see my post above for the PSA- there is literally no law that requires you to interject your opinion into a discussion where you have NO FKN CLUE what you are talking about. You can literally just STFU and NOT embarrass yourself... Clearly you were unaware that was an option??
Fake news, sunshine pumper

real quick experiment you can do by yourself

If its cold enough to see your breath, go outside breath out heavily - the mist you see? That can hold the virus

Now put a mask on and breath out the same effort - notice its not spreading as much?

Voila you now understand how masks work
A side effect of people wearing masks is that flu cases are down and I don't think that is a coincidence. Sure they are uncomfortable and a pain in the arse but they do slow the spread.

It’s not just car accidents moron, accidents come all shapes and sizes. Learn how to read the CDC website
You didn’t specify genius plus a poster already showed that’s bs and regardless what does dying of a different cause make people dying of the virus any less significant, such a red herring

Lots of discussion here about where someone contracted the virus and from whom they contracted it. Also, how to stop the spread. Unfortunately, we as a society, actually know little about either of these subjects. Just because you were around someone who was asymptomatic and later contracted the virus doesn't mean that's where you got it. Just because you did or didn't were a mask and you did or didn't contract it doesn't mean mask wearing was the determining factor. You can find science everywhere to defend your viewpoint. Many who don't wear masks are resentful that they are demanded to do so. And let's face it, there are habits we can adopt that are probably more effective: keep hands clean, turn your head and cover your mouth when you cough or sneezes, be cognizant of not touching you face (the eyes are an entry point too), and social distance. If your educated opinion is that wearing masks make you and others safer, by all means do it. Just don't demonize others who don't share your opinion.

What's stupid about the statement, Sarge, or are you one of the "it wasn't China" bunch?. More wask wearing than EVER, and the Covid count continues upward...although the fatality rate is still around 1.3%.
What’s stupid is regurgitating this idiotic conspiracy theory that it was made in a lab- zero proof of that and the general consensus is it was passed to humans from eating a bat. Beyond that, the implication that masks do not help is not only stupid but wrong and dangerous. So- “what’s stupid about the statement?”- oh only EVERY WORD OF IT..

What’s stupid is regurgitating this idiotic conspiracy theory that it was made in a lab- zero proof of that and the general consensus is it was passed to humans from eating a bat. Beyond that, the implication that masks do not help is not only stupid but wrong and dangerous. So- “what’s stupid about the statement?”- oh only EVERY WORD OF IT..
Unfortunately, we can't trust China, even if they know what happened. Therefore, general consensus means nothing.

Talk about stupid...you actually believe somebody ate a BAT and caused Covid??? Then there ARE people like that out there. Next maybe a topic for conversation could be "The earth is really flat".

Talk about stupid...you actually believe somebody ate a BAT and caused Covid??? Then there ARE people like that out there. Next maybe a topic for conversation could be "The earth is really flat".
do you know how diseases work? Most major epidemics come from consumption or mingling with animals

Lots of discussion here about where someone contracted the virus and from whom they contracted it. Also, how to stop the spread. Unfortunately, we as a society, actually know little about either of these subjects. Just because you were around someone who was asymptomatic and later contracted the virus doesn't mean that's where you got it. Just because you did or didn't were a mask and you did or didn't contract it doesn't mean mask wearing was the determining factor. You can find science everywhere to defend your viewpoint. Many who don't wear masks are resentful that they are demanded to do so. And let's face it, there are habits we can adopt that are probably more effective: keep hands clean, turn your head and cover your mouth when you cough or sneezes, be cognizant of not touching you face (the eyes are an entry point too), and social distance. If your educated opinion is that wearing masks make you and others safer, by all means do it. Just don't demonize others who don't share your opinion.
Just because something is called scientific doesn’t make it so. It’s kind of like asking a radiologist to give insight on infectious disease. We’ve heard our whole lives that 1 out of 10 dentists disagrees with brushing your teeth yet we don’t seem to focus on the one there.

• Haha
Reactions: paladin181
That is what scientists have told us- it was most likely passed from animals to humans at a wet market as that has been the source of outbreaks before and we have tons of evidence of this virus infecting other mammals.

“Epidemiologists did field investigations to find out how the new virus started. They conducted surveys in the community and in health facilities and collected nose and throat specimens for lab analyses. These investigations showed them who was infected, when they became sick, and where they had been just before they got sick.”

That makes a lot of sense... but it is only from the CDC. Not like a reputable source or anything.. Or, maybe the Chinese Government developed a “deadly virus” to wipe out America and then released it on their own people... Oh and said “deadly virus” was only effective at killing about 2% of the people it infects... Don’t you think a weaponized virus created in a lab would be a bit more deadly? Nahh- you are probably right- tinfoil hat conspiracy theories are usually more reasonable assumptions than scientific reasoning supported by real facts. What was I thinking??

All you mask wearers are sheeple! This isn't just the beginning - this has been going on for a long time! First, a long while back I was told I'd have to wear pants and underwear if I wanted to go out in public. But you know what, I didn't fight it because I didn't know what a slippery slope was at the time. And besides, at that time my personal mantra was "no shirt, no shoes, no problem!" So you can imagine my dismay the first time I walked up to a 7-Eleven and my mantra was co-opted and switched up by the man so that now I had to throw a t-shirt on to get a dang slurpee! I don't even know why Big Government put those rules in place, but this whole "plague" is just an excuse to force us to wear another article of clothing. Where does it end?!?! Mandatory ear muffs?!? This government control is bringing me down.

That is what scientists have told us- it was most likely passed from animals to humans at a wet market as that has been the source of outbreaks before and we have tons of evidence of this virus infecting other mammals.

“Epidemiologists did field investigations to find out how the new virus started. They conducted surveys in the community and in health facilities and collected nose and throat specimens for lab analyses. These investigations showed them who was infected, when they became sick, and where they had been just before they got sick.”

That makes a lot of sense... but it is only from the CDC. Not like a reputable source or anything.. Or, maybe the Chinese Government developed a “deadly virus” to wipe out America and then released it on their own people... Oh and said “deadly virus” was only effective at killing about 2% of the people it infects... Don’t you think a weaponized virus created in a lab would be a bit more deadly? Nahh- you are probably right- tinfoil hat conspiracy theories are usually more reasonable assumptions than scientific reasoning supported by real facts. What was I thinking??
Be sure to quote "PePe the Poodle" A/K/A Tony Fauci also

All you mask wearers are sheeple! This isn't just the beginning - this has been going on for a long time! First, a long while back I was told I'd have to wear pants and underwear if I wanted to go out in public. But you know what, I didn't fight it because I didn't know what a slippery slope was at the time. And besides, at that time my personal mantra was "no shirt, no shoes, no problem!" So you can imagine my dismay the first time I walked up to a 7-Eleven and my mantra was co-opted and switched up by the man so that now I had to throw a t-shirt on to get a dang slurpee! I don't even know why Big Government put those rules in place, but this whole "plague" is just an excuse to force us to wear another article of clothing. Where does it end?!?! Mandatory ear muffs?!? This government control is bringing me down.
EAR MUFFS??!! EAAAAR MUFFFS

That's fine but if you're not going to wear a mask, don't get mad when a business refuses you service. If a business requires that you wear a mask either put one on or go somewhere else

That's fine but if you're not going to wear a mask, don't get mad when a business refuses you service. If a business requires that you wear a mask either put one on or go somewhere else
It will depend on the product or service, but if I've got options, I'll be more than happy to take my dollars elsewhere. I won't get mad, call them names, or threaten them. That doesn't solve anything. They've got their reasons and I respect their opinion. BTW, if it's a publicly traded company, I'll also sell their stock if I own any.

Unfortunately, we can't trust China, even if they know what happened. Therefore, general consensus means nothing.
Actually most of the data we based our claims off of were from our own scientists/ European scientists who were initially allowed into China. They had tracked the source down to the specific CAVE they thought the bats came from- a huge bat cave system where previous diseases are suspected to have emanated from- and then China sent in armed security to block off entry to the cave and quit cooperating. They even took samples that had been collected...

I did - you can too if you like facts.
Cool, this isn’t a good study. It only compares 10 countries with no link of commonality - it admits it in the article:

However, the researchers also acknowledged that the study had limitations, and noted that "cross-country comparisons are difficult," since nations may have different rules, cultures, and relationships between their government and citizenry.

a much more effective study would compare more countries and those that are similar. Particularly South Korea - which has A TON of culture aspects that make government intervention less needed is sort of a ringer to put in a study that features only two countries on that end, along with Sweden.

furthermore if you want a much easier look to how similar countries handled covid- compare the deaths and infections of Sweden to almost any other Nordic country.

FURTHERMORE: in the article it names and suggests other studies that rebuke this study (and if you actually look at the studies they are much better constructed):

A study published in the journal Nature by researchers at Imperial College London in June found that some 3.1 million deaths had been averted due to lockdowns across Europe early on in the pandemic.

"This data suggests that without any interventions, such as lockdown and school closures, there could have been many more deaths from COVID-19. The rate of transmission has declined from high levels to ones under control in all European countries we study," Dr. Samir Bhatt, an author of the study from Imperial College London said in June, according to the university.

FURTHERMORE: in the very same article they mention that SOUTH KOREA HAD EARLY LOCKDOWNS

A second study published alongside that report in Nature, and led by scientists in the United States, found that 530 million coronavirus infections had been avoided due to early lockdowns in China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, France and the United States, according to the news ou

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT