ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches

I read that as:

"Another 2 star commit. Really, Smart?"

My immediate reaction was, "WHAT....SMART IS THE HBC ALREADY?"

Reactions: CED2244
Its kinda funny if you think about it. I have read this board for years never got involved or posted anything. I followed recruiting from Alshon and the gas pumper thing, gilmore, Lattimore from Auburn to us. I have watched us lose Sharriff Floyd when he was a lock, through the exodus last year. All the bickering, bitching and whining about lack of star power is crap. Look you can´t make those top flight 5 * kids come here. Look at the top players on Rivals and you will see....we are offering them....they just don´t want to come to Columbia. One of the top 3 players on Rivals is from wake forest...guess what..he aint interested. Two of the top 250 are from Havelock NC, same school that Pharoh came from, and they aint interested in us. I am just as frustrated as everybody else that the coaches dont put in the leg work.They have let some slip through their fingers, and took chances on talent that was piss poor. However guys we can´t win the recruiting battle over the inbred hicks in our state, much less the big guns in our conference. The new coach and his assistants will have a chance to change that, but it won´t change until we get ink on a contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT