ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina to D1/FBS

I miss him...

coastal-carolina-football-coach-david-bennett-rants-about-cats-and-dogs.jpg

It'll be a LARGE challenge but CCU's annual undergrad enrollment is over 2X's that of Wake Forest and it's still growing. Coastal's a great school (with a wonderful campus) but the SBC is pretty 'spread out' - road trips for ALL those sports (men and women) will no-doubt cost a LOT of money.

I was SURPRISED to learn Wofford has just 1800 students ... there are TWENTY high schools in SC larger than Wofford! Wow, I had no idea.

Dorman HS is 'smaller' than I thought (though still LARGE) while Wando HS is MUCH larger than I thought (twice as large as Wofford).

Do you think Clemson should play Wando?

GOOD LUCK CCU!

I thought CCU admin had lost their minds when they let Bennett go. That guy can coach football. BUT, little did I know that hiring Moglia was not the money and attention grab that I thought it was initially. Moglia can coach football too and he has the organizational skills to move the program to big boy football.

coastal-carolina-football-coach-david-bennett-rants-about-cats-and-dogs.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I hope they do well, as it will bring more money into the state. Does CCU even have facilities big enough to get into D1 or will they have to expand their stadium?

I hope they do well, as it will bring more money into the state. Does CCU even have facilities big enough to get into D1 or will they have to expand their stadium?

at the risk of 'name droppin' I talked to a Trustee yesterday - we need to expand to a min 15,000 before 2017 but the PLAN is to expand to 20,000 ... it's currently about 8,500 but VERY nice (artificial surface - TEAL) all brick ... they can get there with decks easy, plans are no-doubt already on the boards. Brooks Stadium was 'seeded' w/ $2MM from the same Springs-Brooks family that seeded the new WB pavilion, the field's named after jimmy benton - hellva' businessman/philanthropist locally plus big-time donor at clemson .. his boys run the family company (gifted $1MM for CCU field naming rights in their dad's honor) jimmy's daddy casper started in all in '37 - he grew it HUGE and his two boys expanded it even more. they also own arrowwood GC, cl benton & sons, wild wing plantation and founded south atlantic bank.
there's plenty of HP around to get done what needs doing.
if SC ever gets 'gambling' look for a 'bowl' there in the future with ALL seats having a shot at winning a MILLION BUCKS!!! if they draw your seat number (your 1st name starts with the letter 'q' and you're left-handed).

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT