ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal to FBS

What prompted this? Last time we played and shellacked them I remember the HBC being very complimentary but clearly stating that Coastal's billionaire coach was only interested in winning an FCS championship and that neither he nor Spurrier like playing each other. What changed?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/8/31/9236945/coastal-carolina-sun-belt-conference-move

Coastal needs major upgrades to all facets of their facilities and commitment to football--even for the Sunbelt. Good luck to them.

Coastal needs major upgrades to all facets of their facilities and commitment to football--even for the Sunbelt. Good luck to them.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the rules have changed I believe that you have to average at least 15,000 in attendance per year to be an FBS/IA team and I think Coastal's stadium only seats about 9,200 right now. I guess Coach Moglia and TD Bank are going to have to pony up some serious coin to add seating. Hope they do well, they've certainly come along way since the USC-Conway days.

CCU has tried for years to find a new home, really wanted to be in the Southern Conference. The Southern Conference did not want anything to do with CCU. I do not know this for fact, but I think this move is more about getting other sports into a new conference. Liberty U will be next one to leave the Big South.

Great, just what this state needs, another division 1 school to recruit against.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the rules have changed I believe that you have to average at least 15,000 in attendance per year to be an FBS/IA team and I think Coastal's stadium only seats about 9,200 right now. I guess Coach Moglia and TD Bank are going to have to pony up some serious coin to add seating. Hope they do well, they've certainly come along way since the USC-Conway days.

CCU will add 10,000 seats to their stadium to make it a 20,000 seat stadium.

Attendance is a concern for football. Basketball and baseball they will compete immediately. They have gotten better every year in football under Moglia

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT