ADVERTISEMENT

Coates and Wilson (the twin tower) take it to another level. When they're

The second wave of talent usually puts the game away. A&M was making everything early. These refs could not put the whistle away,but at least they called on them also.

This post was edited on 1/26 9:09 PM by Garnet chicken

Ibiam isa good player she is just not as elite as Coates and Wilson. She is slower, doesn't play with as much energy. Dozier is a role player. I don't understand why we insist on starting her. A&M starters are better than her and we have more than one player better than anyone A&M has on our bench.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
Ibiam isa good player she is just not as elite as Coates and Wilson. She is slower, doesn't play with as much energy. Dozier is a role player. I don't understand why we insist on starting her. A&M starters are better than her and we have more than one player better than anyone A&M has on our bench.
Did you know that Asia Dozier was the 4 time South Carolina POTY in high school? She is also a very good three point shooter. No, she's not our best player, but not everyone on the court can be a star or big scorer.

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:

Did you know that Asia Dozier was the 4 time South Carolina POTY in high school? She is also a very good three point shooter. No, she's not our best player, but not everyone on the court can be a star or big scorer.
I am not saying she shouldn't play, she just shouldn't be starting. If you want a 3-point shooter out there start Roy who is better at it and she is a lot less sloppy with the ball. When Dozier is the game it becomes a turnover fest for us.

Sessions stood out to me last night, it seemed when ever she stepped up and played tight D, its like whoever was dribbling the ball would panic and just cough it up to her.

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:

Originally posted by FORKCOCK:
We have the #1team in the country and we have posters trying to say who should be starting.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Funny, ain't it?
Something tells me that Coach Staley knows what she's doing, #1 ranking and all, considering over the past 3 (+/-) years only 4 teams have held the #1 ranking and we are one of them.

We have the #1team in the country and we have posters trying to say who should be starting.
Yep, because she got benched for most of the game anyways for good reason. Even the #1 team can be improved. I'm sorry, but Wilson and Coates are WAY better than Ibiam and Dozier. I don't see a good reason for us to have to start off each half struggling while we have 2 of our best 3 players on the bench. Coates at least should be starting.

This post was edited on 1/27 10:07 AM by ReadR00ster

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:

I am not saying she shouldn't play, she just shouldn't be starting. If you want a 3-point shooter out there start Roy who is better at it and she is a lot less sloppy with the ball. When Dozier is the game it becomes a turnover fest for us.
If you really want to see a turnover fest, then play Dozier and Cuevas at the same time. I don't believe Coach Staley wants to see one, however, which may explain the reason for her rotation.

There were people bitching about the baseball team a few years ago when we were winning 2 titles in a row an another runner up. I'm starting to believe my Clempson friends that say Carolina fans are crazy and delusional. Clempson fans are the same way but I always thought our fans were a little more reasonable. Posts like some in this thread prove me wrong.

could be wrong but I believe Coach Staley is rewarding some of our older players for sticking around...knowing full well they could go almost anywhere else and get a lot more playing time.

Cuevas is young and energetic. She needs to calm down but I can see improvement already since the first of the year.

There's been a lot of talk about Wilson not starting, etc. She is fine with watching the game for a few minutes.

I've been to most of the games and when that second 'wave' comes to the scorers table, the other team tightens up so much it's palatable from the upper deck.

We have a very, very good coach who absolutely knows what she's doing and I'm having a ball watching!

I think part of Staley's strategy is to crush other teams mentally when they sort of hang around for the first part of the game and then the bench players come onto the court and we're BETTER. Some of you might say well just dominate from the beginning, but you know that's hard to do in college basketball. She has also said in interviews that Wilson benefits from watching the game and seeing how the D sets up for a bit before she comes onto the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT