ADVERTISEMENT

@cobycornelius vs Jim Baxter @SCVarsity

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, most of the responses on this thread are what he is talking about. You people coddle everyone and are why these young people today are so damned disrespectful! Glad someone has the balls in this country to not feel the need to apologize for what they say! Drew Brees this is how it's done by the way!

This is the product of public education and it starts from the top...

I used to joke about people who get a college degree in History and say take that pigskin and wipe your bottom...

20 years later, who knew that you can actually use a college degree in History as toilet paper????

LOL

Hyperbole much? I know quite a few history majors that have done quite well.

I think what we have on here is a number of folks that didn’t go to college or make it through college and are embarrassed by it or resentful over it.

Last edited:
Baxter can get out there from time to time. But this teenager crossed his time line, not the other way around. Should he react to a statement from someone at that age? I don't know. But when they step into the game then they shouldn't expect for their opinion to walk free. What Baxter said was fine. But we have entered a phase to where any talk, especially from the sports crowd, that doesn't fully endorse BLM on every level is the sin one just cant committ. And with all the negative feed back he has from some coaches is also a bit misguided. A lot of these coaches, either HS or college, know he is right, but most of them are well aware that their success depends on the black athlete so they are going to default to the trend. The bottom line is that everyone wants to supposedly have an honest, open, discussion about race. But they really don't. They want a one sided discussion where every issue is framed that it is still 1850 with slavery still in place. That America hasn't progressed from those days. Which it has, more than any other country in the world. The scenario also has to include that the only issues in the black community are the fault of the evil police who are hunting them down. And all in that open discussion must just be complicit, apologetic, and submit to every demand. If not, you are racist.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Baxter can get out there from time to time. But this teenager crossed his time line, not the other way around. Should he react to a statement from someone at that age? I don't know. .

I know. Of course he shouldn’t if he’s an adult.

what grown man goes around ripping into 16 year olds on social media? Only an idiot does that and he deserves the criticism.

I do know one thing, he really screwed himself given the number of school/athletic related folks that have chimed in to denounce him.

LOL

Hyperbole much? I know quite a few history majors that have done quite well.

I think what we have on here is a number of folks that didn’t go to college or make it through college and are embarrassed by it or resentful over it.

I'm not sure where he went to school, but apparently they gave out footballs to their graduates. I'm glad I got a sheepskin diploma instead.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Both are in the wrong. The kid is way off base saying July 4 is nothing to celebrate. While the Declaration didn’t free black Americans at the time, it dang sure was the inspiration and the blueprint for it. And this stuff about judging people from 1775 (like the Framers of the Constitution) through the lens of 2020 is just plain idiotic and needs to stop.

Telling a kid to leave the country just isn’t going to end well. It should’ve never happened. People say crap on social media they would never say in person or at least I hope they wouldn’t.

Only one will lose in this situation is Baxter. All these people saying they will recruit this kid now is a bunch of crap.

When people put on the garnet and black I don’t care who they vote for, who they sleep with or what color or religion they are. I just care that they help us win games and reflect well on our University.

JB should have asked him instead to articulate why he feels that way. Then when he could not, the sh*t show would have pretty much been over. I didn’t read the back and forth between the two but I loved JB’s final statement linked here. As far as the school superintendent goes, his board should tell him stay the hell off social media.
You assume the 16year old would not have been able to articulate his position, why? Clearly you take JB’s position, at the least have a bias or don’t understand the history yourself as to why a segment of our population feel the way it does about this period in time. The problem is too many of you blast off your opinion without taking the time to learn the effects on lives from this time period and why positions by people of color are taken. You fail to understand that these people daily live under this umbrella that are trying to make a way to a better place in life. When an individual like JB makes a statement that is clearly from a politically charged right wing hate position to a person of color, mind you a 16yr old, yes he should be removed from the scene. Thank you for what you have contributed but goodbye.

Weeks before, I had an exchange with JB looking for his opinion about an athlete I train. JB made a right wing talking point about COVID and being that i’ve experienced death and many infected around me, I was offended and unfollowed him. I don’t know what is going on in JB’s life but all I can say is I pray for him but stay away from our young athletes.

This is the product of public education and it starts from the top...

I used to joke about people who get a college degree in History and say take that pigskin and wipe your bottom...

20 years later, who knew that you can actually use a college degree in History as toilet paper????
First, I'm not sure what this means.

Second, I have three history degrees and I've done just fine. And I have plenty of friends with history degrees that have done very well professionally. Somehow we all survived without business or engineering degrees.

First, I'm not sure what this means.

Second, I have three history degrees and I've done just fine. And I have plenty of friends with history degrees that have done very well professionally. Somehow we all survived without business or engineering degrees.
People who mock history or social science degrees are the same who are completely unable to use or even validate reliable sources to come to well founded opinions

Reactions: winloseortie
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT