ADVERTISEMENT

Cocks 2018 Prediction

I'm already on record with 10-2. We do have more toss up games this year, so possible we lose one close one, perhaps on the road. I feel we have a shot at beating Georgia at home early, but fear that one potential loss on the road. So sticking with 10-2. I doubt we lose five toss up games, but we had major injuries last year, and that could show up again at the wrong time this year. But healthy, we will definitely flirt with double digit wins, as the link suggests.

I'm already on record with 10-2. We do have more toss up games this year, so possible we lose one close one, perhaps on the road. I feel we have a shot at beating Georgia at home early, but fear that one potential loss on the road. So sticking with 10-2. I doubt we lose five toss up games, but we had major injuries last year, and that could show up again at the wrong time this year. But healthy, we will definitely flirt with double digit wins, as the link suggests.
10-2 with an upset and a stumble reminds me of our 11-2 runs...there was always a team we should have beat but fell short to.

Koolaid is a drink we all have this time of year. Some moreso than others.
dS_spe.gif

I admit I love my orange Kool-Aid a little too much this time of year.

Thank you for your visit, but maybe you should be more worried about the Dawgs...

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2881&s=300937

Too many pitfalls...
I'm not sure how you get that conclusion from those projections. Maybe excited, but not worried. One thing's for sure, it's extremely difficult to go undefeated, especially in the SEC. I believe Saban's only done it once even with all of his NCs. I think Massey has us going 11-1 in their record predictions. 55 days can't get here fast enough... or 48 for that matter. Sept 8th may be kind of important this year. :D

Not sure where you get the “a lot on the line”
Muschamp did the right thing and parted ways with Roper. His biggest criticism has been the offenses he has fielded whether you believe justified or not. I think the best thing he did was hiring Werner more so than McClendon. I like the BMac hire but think Werner was insurance. If the offensive production does not pick up then Muschamp could start losing a portion of the fan base. He needs to get over the hump and show significant improvement. Whether we score a ton of points or not our offense needs to protect our defense. Just my $.02.

Losses to UGA and Clemson.
Lose 1 to either A&M or Florida.
Lose 1 amongst Vandy, Mizzou, UK, & UT.
8-4, 5-3 SEC, Outback or Gatorslayer bowl.

Agree for the most part. But don't sleep on Marshall. I don't predict a loss by any stretch. But that game may be a little close for comfort. Go 4-0 in games 3 through 6 and 10-2 or 9-3 are much more attainable. Lose one (or more) of those 4 and 6-6 is a possibility.

Lot of people won't like to hear it, but this is probably the most likely scenario. I think we're a 7-5 to 10-2 team, with 8-4 or 9-3 being most likely.

9-3 with a bowl victory to get to 10 would be good. Anything less and people will be frustrated, and maybe rightfully so.

Best Case Scenario 10-2.
The new uptempo offense starts off better than expected. Being able to improve the offensive output by 4-5 points a game makes things easier for the defense and they don't have to get into more than 3 grinders.

Worst Case Scenario 6-6 or 7-5
The new uptempo for the most part sputters to often due to not having the recruited personnel to handle the new demands put upon it With to many quick 3 and outs, the demand on the defense by mid season starts to take its toll.

Most Likely Scenario 9-3

For the most part the offense and defense show improvement, not quite fast enough for the UGA game. We give Clemson a game but alas were still not equal in talent or depth. Then of course there is the one inexplicable game in mid season that nothing comes together. Take your pick at this one UT,UF or UK

Sure sign we are making progress when you see other fans coming to the board. You won’t hear it but we are now a threat. Now I acknowledge Ga is a very good team and don’t see much of a drop off for them. But few years ago you wouldn’t see any of their fans here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT