ADVERTISEMENT

Cocks Mt Rushmore - Aja Wilson, John Roche, Michael Roth, and the football one is a tough one.

legalsizecock

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2000
Obvious choice is George Rogers, the Heisman winner. Had Marcus not been injured, maybe him. Clowney - love him, but not quite.

My vote goes to.......Sterling Sharpe, who to this day I believe is the best football player we have had at Carolina. He deserves the Pro Football Hall of Fame as well. He was dominant every year he played.

He was awarded the HEISMAN TROPHY (in a year where he plated AT Southern Cal and AT Michigan...both during their peaks)....we have NO other player in football with remotely similar honors.

Doesn't require any REAL thought to know who wins. George Rogers....he should be the FIRST slot.

Hard to argue Undefeated at home................

If I was Undefeated at WB since 1980, we sure would have a lot of Ws.

I’ll say Rogers because of the Heisman, but for overall success, hard to argue against Shaw that went undefeated at WB as a starter. Shaw led USC to a 33-6 three year record. He’s got to be up there as well.

Reactions: redrogers
I’d say:

Sparky Woods
Steve “Fig” Newton
Darrin Horn
Brad Scott

Honorable Mentions: Darrin Horn & Chad Holbrook

Wait...Mount Rushmore. I was thinking Mt Saint Helens.

Last edited:
Sterling Sharpe and George Rogers for sure.

Someone from the 2010ish to 2013 era needs to be there. Hard to say who. As a team they were awesome.

I hate not saying Steve Spurrier. But he let the football program fizzle out before he resigned. The only thing that could forgive that would be if we had won a National Championship at some point during his tenure. I honestly thing if he kept the momentum going we could have. Such a shame.

Last edited:
Mount Rushmore would be George for football. ( heisman) Aja for women's hoops ( clear choice to why we won the national championship), college baseball ( I say Jackie Bradley Jr. ( whomever you believe played the biggest part in us winning back to back national Championships) mens hoops I don't know. (Whomever you think contributed most to the trip to the final 4)

Obvious choice is George Rogers, the Heisman winner. Had Marcus not been injured, maybe him. Clowney - love him, but not quite.

My vote goes to.......Sterling Sharpe, who to this day I believe is the best football player we have had at Carolina. He deserves the Pro Football Hall of Fame as well. He was dominant every year he played.
Football deserves it’s own Rushmore. Sharpe, Shaw and Big George would all deserve to have a bust carved into a mountain IMO.

I vote Thornwell over Roche For BB. Not due to recency bias, due to him being the driving force that got us to the Final 4!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT