ADVERTISEMENT

CofC game thread

Just curious, when did you give up on Chad? Were you ever critical prior to the day he was fired?
I really gave up on Chad after he made the comments about how hard it was to hit a baseball and blaming the fans for his team not playing well. Those were the comments of a man over his head I'm disappointed we didn't show up against him tonight.

Thank goodness the sourpuss gang has something to moan about tonight. Must have been tough for them the last three weeks, with SC playing good ball.
It's unexplainable how we can beat Arkansas and get clobbered by CofC who's coached by the guy we ran off. Mid-week, mid-month, mid-year, mid-day.....no excuse.

I left after 7th inning...who was pest player of the game? Tolbert, who reached first on a strike out/wild pitch?

Reactions: cockofdawn
I just think Kingston is not a good mid-week coach. I've seen too many mid-week games where his team is not prepared whatsoever. You can't win just on the weekends and expect to get to where this program has been and should be consistently. This job is too big for him I'm afraid.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I just think Kingston is not a good mid-week coach. I've seen too many mid-week games where his team is not prepared whatsoever. You can't win just on the weekends and expect to get to where this program has been and should be consistently. This job is too big for him I'm afraid.
He bears watching, no doubt about it.

I guess the players still love him. Their heart was not in it this game. That is obvious.

Left after the 8th. Very uninspired effort to say the least. Thought their guy was decent- but we made him look like Greg Maddux. Very poor plate approaches all night, and we got our butts handed to us on a platter. Hard to figure this bunch- just when you think they’re starting to sort it all out.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Are you serious? This team struggled the entire first half of the season to produce runs consistently, not just midweek games. Then we catch fire with the bats, and take down 3 straight nationally ranked teams and a midweek furman team. Then we face the ace pitcher of the team that swept the only team that has swept us, and you surmise that Kingston can’t coach midweek games and is in over his head?
It seems like some of y’all either post the first thing that pops in your heads or just ride a roller coaster of emotions. Kingston hasn’t been here long enough to make a determination of whether or not this job is too big for him. This loss isn’t the end of the world. Now we gotta go beat mizzou

Are you serious? This team struggled the entire first half of the season to produce runs consistently, not just midweek games. Then we catch fire with the bats, and take down 3 straight nationally ranked teams and a midweek furman team. Then we face the ace pitcher of the team that swept the only team that has swept us, and you surmise that Kingston can’t coach midweek games and is in over his head?
It seems like some of y’all either post the first thing that pops in your heads or just ride a roller coaster of emotions. Kingston hasn’t been here long enough to make a determination of whether or not this job is too big for him. This loss isn’t the end of the world. Now we gotta go beat mizzou

Actually the job at South Florida was too big for him. He had under .500 win percentage in conference games there

We had to skate a clean program. We've already had a calamitous spill.
giphy.gif

Reactions: king ward
We had to skate a clean program. We've already had a calamitous spill.
I'm not sure it was going to be close to having a regional anyway after I just looked at the RPI's of the last few weeks and midweek losses. Yes, Ole Miss was huge but Vandy's RPI 42, LSU RPI 47, CoC 69, Citadel 252, PC 277. I think they will make NCAAT if they continue to play good SEC ball but a no show at SEC tourney and another midweek slaughter and the Tournament will be out!

I'm not sure it was going to be close to having a regional anyway after I just looked at the RPI's of the last few weeks and midweek losses. Yes, Ole Miss was huge but Vandy's RPI 42, LSU RPI 47, CoC 69, Citadel 252, PC 277. I think they will make NCAAT if they continue to play good SEC ball but a no show at SEC tourney and another midweek slaughter and the Tournament will be out!
Any hope of hosting rested with near-perfection. That has been torpedoed. I have moved on from it.

Any hope of hosting rested with near-perfection. That has been torpedoed. I have moved on from it.
Yep, that's an after thought. Just making the tournament is our only hope. If so, it'll be in Clemson's regional.

Actually the job at South Florida was too big for him. He had under .500 win percentage in conference games there
So you’re saying he is the wrong man for the job here because he had a losing season in his second year at South Florida?

Yep, that's an after thought. Just making the tournament is our only hope. If so, it'll be in Clemson's regional.
I saw a prediction of being at Clemson or NCSt as a 2 seed but that was before this game. Could drop to 3 seed now but not sure that changes regions?

So you’re saying he is the wrong man for the job here because he had a losing season in his second year at South Florida?
Coaching South Florida and then taking over the USC job is like coaching high school baseball and then getting the Yankees job. It's still baseball but the expectations are enormously bigger.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Sometimes it's valuable to consider Coach K's record prior to Duke and why the heck did they hire him? Kingston will define himself completely, one way or the other, within three years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT