ADVERTISEMENT

Colburn to sign with Wake Forest, Marshall, or Georgia Southern

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
Who knows, may be a silver lining to a bad situation. GS and WF closer to home. All three seem to present a better chance of starting early. I will be pulling for this kid in the upcoming years. It is crappy what Louisville did, but at the same time this isn't a first time thing. Tennessee just did it a couple of weeks ago to a four star.

Colburn

Asking a commitment to Grey shirt on or right before signing day happens all the time, and on the same day (Monday) Petrino did it to Colburn, it happened at 7 other FBS programs, including Bama & Oklahoma. You guys did it to Lorenzo Mauldin in 2011 when you landed Clowney, and he declined and signed with us, playing as a true frosh (thanks, he was a great player & a great kid for us).

In a way, it's kind of ridiculous this story is getting blown up like it is, when it happens across the nation every year. But I have a feeling it's a story because it's Petrino. He's a PR nightmare because of his past transgressions. He made that bed and now lies in it.

Originally posted by ajgcardman:
Asking a commitment to Grey shirt on or right before signing day happens all the time, and on the same day (Monday) Petrino did it to Colburn, it happened at 7 other FBS programs, including Bama & Oklahoma. You guys did it to Lorenzo Mauldin in 2011 when you landed Clowney, and he declined and signed with us, playing as a true frosh (thanks, he was a great player & a great kid for us).

In a way, it's kind of ridiculous this story is getting blown up like it is, when it happens across the nation every year. But I have a feeling it's a story because it's Petrino. He's a PR nightmare because of his past transgressions. He made that bed and now lies in it.
And as long as he continues to do stuff like this, his reputation will continue to be what it is.

Originally posted by ajgcardman:

Why is this so hard for people to understand? He couldn't get into USC. We had one decommit 2 months ago and commit to Arizona State for the exact same reason.

Marshall is about 6 hours away from Columbia, about 100 miles closer than Louisville. Wake Forest and Georgia Southern are about 2 1/2 hours away.

Petrino is scum.

He always has been, hasn't changed a bit... Prolly won't be at Lville long. He will either screw some intern or screw the whole school by sneaking off to some higher paying gig before he finishes any kind of rebuilding job.

You know our coach may be a little bit of. Smart ass, and nobody is perfect... But at least Sourrier is a good person. You aren't going to wake up one morning to find out he has embarrassed your University by cheating, screwing around on his wife, getting arrested, abusing his players, sneaking out the back door to to ake a different job leavi only a few notes on locker doors... If the worst he can be accused of is some zingers pointed at rivals, and the occasional recruiting scholarship offer mix up (which BTW was an ACADEMIC ISSUE Spurrier was more upset about than any fan or administrator in ous school! He damn near threatened to quit if we didn't fix the issue!), I can freaking live with that and I'd go so far as to say I thoroughly enjoy his zingers!

Petrino is like Sourrier minus the personality... Where the personality has been replaced with a smiling skull of pure evil and self gratifying greed. People trying to defend him by saying "it happens other places"- BS. It may well happen from time to time other place,a but the reasons are generally because the team cannot get a kid qualified or something is wrong with their transcripts... Petrino did it because he just decided last minute that they would rather find another DB instead. Pure scum!

Originally posted by Gamecock Lifer:
Petrino is scum.

He always has been, hasn't changed a bit... Prolly won't be at Lville long. He will either screw some intern or screw the whole school by sneaking off to some higher paying gig before he finishes any kind of rebuilding job.

You know our coach may be a little bit of. Smart ass, and nobody is perfect... But at least Sourrier is a good person. You aren't going to wake up one morning to find out he has embarrassed your University by cheating, screwing around on his wife, getting arrested, abusing his players, sneaking out the back door to to ake a different job leavi only a few notes on locker doors... If the worst he can be accused of is some zingers pointed at rivals, and the occasional recruiting scholarship offer mix up (which BTW was an ACADEMIC ISSUE Spurrier was more upset about than any fan or administrator in ous school! He damn near threatened to quit if we didn't fix the issue!), I can freaking live with that and I'd go so far as to say I thoroughly enjoy his zingers!

Petrino is like Sourrier minus the personality... Where the personality has been replaced with a smiling skull of pure evil and self gratifying greed. People trying to defend him by saying "it happens other places"- BS. It may well happen from time to time other place,a but the reasons are generally because the team cannot get a kid qualified or something is wrong with their transcripts... Petrino did it because he just decided last minute that they would rather find another DB instead. Pure scum!
I'm not sure I understand how you feel about Petrino.
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT