ADVERTISEMENT

College BB Corruption Investigation names South Carolina and Clemson

The only negative is this probably closes the books on Bowen ever playing college basketball.

How did you arrive at this conclusion. Not being a smartass , but nothing new about Bowen has come out. We already knew his father took $7000. Whats changed? You may end up being right, maybe they'll make an example out of Bowen. I don't see how you can punish him for something his father did, and that's basically what the NCAA said about Cam Newton's father taking $200,000 from an Auburn booster. I don't know what USC or Frank Martin could do to stop a player from taking money from an agent expect asking for their players not to do it. I'm sure PJ never expected either Martin or USC to ever know anything about it.

PJ's family appears to have been a bit money hungry. I've heard some suggest they didn't need the money but it appears that wasn't the case.

How do you know the Perrys needed the money and if they did truly need the money how is taking the needed money being "money hungry" who here would not take money if their family was in need?

This is a FBI issue...this isnt ending well for the parties involved
I'm agreeing with you on this. I'm a whole lot more worried about the implications arising from Dozier than those arising from Bowen. That could harpoon everything Martin has tried to build.

I'm agreeing with you on this. I'm a whole lot more worried about the implications arising from Dozier than those arising from Bowen. That could harpoon everything Martin has tried to build.
It won't harpoon anything.. Nobody cares about this stuff but the few fans too gullible to understand how dirty basketball recruiting is... You cannot get the top players without cheating.. If you want to know who is cheating, just watch where the best prospects go... We are are on the list with all the big time cheaters.. We might as well be all in on the cheating

Reactions: VirgilCaine
How do you know the Perrys needed the money and if they did truly need the money how is taking the needed money being "money hungry" who here would not take money if their family was in need?
I don't know. I do know that I heard one of the brothers running their mouth on 107.5 in a regular morning spot before pj committed. Made themselves out to be saints.

I don't know. I do know that I heard one of the brothers running their mouth on 107.5 in a regular morning spot before pj committed. Made themselves out to be saints.

Well if you heard his bother taking pride in his family name on the radio 3 years ago, that pretty much proves the whole family is corrupt and money hungry.....dude, he and his family are Gamecocks, if we are going to assume things , let just assume the best case scenario. The "money hungry" comment was unnecessary

Well if you heard his bother taking pride in his family name on the radio 3 years ago, that pretty much proves the whole family is corrupt and money hungry.....dude, he and his family are Gamecocks, if we are going to assume things , let just assume the best case scenario. The "money hungry" comment was unnecessary
Probably unnecessary but true. By the way, he continually bashed the gamecock coaches on 107.5. B.M., but do true gamecocks eat their own?

Is this you, Virgil: :D

Virgil Caine is the name, and I served on the Danville train
'Till Stoneman's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again
In the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive
By May the tenth, Richmond had fell, it's a time I remember, oh so well
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the people were singin' they went
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Back with my wife in Tennessee, when one day she called to me
"Virgil, quick, come see, there goes Robert E Lee"
Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if the money's no good
Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest,
But they should never have taken the very best
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the people were singin' they went
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la,
Like my father before me, I will work the land
Like my brother above me, who took a rebel stand
He was just eighteen, proud and brave, but a Yankee laid him in his grave
I swear by the mud below my feet,
You can't raise a Caine back up when he's in defeat
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the bells were ringing,
The night they drove old Dixie down, and all the people were singin', they went
Na, la, na, la, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na,
The night they drove old Dixie down, and all the bells were ringing,
The night they drove old Dixie down, and the people were singin', they went
Na, la, na, la, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

How did you arrive at this conclusion. Not being a smartass , but nothing new about Bowen has come out. We already knew his father took $7000. Whats changed? You may end up being right, maybe they'll make an example out of Bowen. I don't see how you can punish him for something his father did, and that's basically what the NCAA said about Cam Newton's father taking $200,000 from an Auburn booster. I don't know what USC or Frank Martin could do to stop a player from taking money from an agent expect asking for their players not to do it. I'm sure PJ never expected either Martin or USC to ever know anything about it.
Daddy's deal was the shoe company. What was released today has nothing to do with that or those payments. This was one agent's expense sheet who worked for a sport's agency. Same investigation....totally different angles and sources.

• Current South Carolina player Brian Bowen, who was ensnared in the initial federal investigation and started his career at Louisville last fall until the school withheld him from competition. His father, Brian Sr., also received money, according to the documents. (Dawkins’ expense reports also list more than $1,500 in plane tickets for Bowen, his father and his mother. He and his family received at least $7,000 in benefits, according to the documents.)
I just read it as he also took money. I'm just going to remain pessimistic, so I won't be upset when he never plays a college ball game.

It won't harpoon anything.. Nobody cares about this stuff but the few fans too gullible to understand how dirty basketball recruiting is... You cannot get the top players without cheating.. If you want to know who is cheating, just watch where the best prospects go... We are are on the list with all the big time cheaters.. We might as well be all in on the cheating
It's too late for us. We've outed ourselves without exploiting all the time we could have been cheating. Now we are known. We might as well just be honest.

Sean Miller HC at Arizona ,,he got some plaining to do

Ole Lamont Evans, better check his phone for taps... to late.. this dont sound good

wow! So much dirty stuff coming out. Going to be intresting to see what all comes of this. Heads have to roll, right?

wow! So much dirty stuff coming out. Going to be intresting to see what all comes of this. Heads have to roll, right?

here's hoping the FBI doesnt have a tapped phone line a few years ago with a 803 area code attached to it

If we were running a corrupt BB program, wouldn't we be recruiting a bunch of 4* and 5* players? Looks like a clean program to me.

here's hoping the FBI doesnt have a tapped phone line a few years ago with a 803 area code attached to it

I think our program is clean. Only thing out there right now is an agent paying an ex player, more than likely to sign with him when he turned pro. It's not like we were signing a bunch of highly sought of 5 star recruits. Only 3 comes to mind as "big time" Thornwell, Dozier, and Silva and 2 of them were in state.

Reactions: rogue cock
Probably a different department doing each of them.
That....and for the Fla matter they couldn't go in to that case without being invited by local or state police. It's was an issue outside their enforcement jurisdiction.

All they could have done (which they've admitted they screwed up) was report the warnings to local law enforcement....though doesn't seem much was happening on that end either.

• Current South Carolina player Brian Bowen, who was ensnared in the initial federal investigation and started his career at Louisville last fall until the school withheld him from competition. His father, Brian Sr., also received money, according to the documents. (Dawkins’ expense reports also list more than $1,500 in plane tickets for Bowen, his father and his mother. He and his family received at least $7,000 in benefits, according to the documents.)
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him ever playing in college,would be very surprised. Maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy. As far as the final four run, no way they can take that back. That would force them to do something to the "blue bloods".

UNCarolina is above the law

What in this laundry list of unethical practices is illegal exactly? And so dangerous to our society that it requires the FBI to devote so many of its resources to investigate it? (Serious question)

What in this laundry list of unethical practices is illegal exactly? And so dangerous to our society that it requires the FBI to devote so many of its resources to investigate it? (Serious question)
Bribery, wire fraud, and other white collar charges. The expense sheets of the agent which contained the names of the players was from a search warrant incident to arrest from the shoe company investigation.

The crimes committed (bribery, wire fraud, etc) come under the White Collar Crimes Division of the FBI.
Other divisions would not necessarily be involved, so therefore there would not be drain on other departments (sex crimes, cyber security, etc),

Reactions: rogue cock
End full scholarships for sports. Colleges should service students...not try to be a semi pro leagues.

Good point. Be a college and not a G League program like Duke and Kentucky and UNC - 3 schools the NCAA won't touch because they bring in the $$$. That's what the NCAA has always been about. The FBI - a little different.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him ever playing in college,would be very surprised. Maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy. As far as the final four run, no way they can take that back. That would force them to do something to the "blue bloods".
seriously, the NCAA does what it wants, to whom it wants, and pretty much whenever it wants.....they'll hammer to little guys to look tough and do nothing to the top guns....js

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT