ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday coming to Augusta

Jack being a big Ohio State guy makes too much sense here as the guest picker. I’ll miss it.

The Masters is one of the most valuable brands in golf, or even sports as a whole. It's about time they had someone who understood how to market the asset.

Jack being a big Ohio State guy makes too much sense here as the guest picker. I’ll miss it.

I feel like Jack may be a little too high brow for the gameday guys. Great golfer but a pretty serious and low personality guy.

Go to a golf tournament and probably have the best ratings in years. Kinda sad.

I feel like Jack may be a little too high brow for the gameday guys. Great golfer but a pretty serious and low personality guy.

Jack is always great on TV. He’d take it serious and do his homework. The guys would love him. I bet he’s already been on Gameday to be honest.

**Update**
Yep, he was on in 2017.
jack-nicklaus-gameday.jpg

That’s pretty cool to broadcast from Augusta National.

I’m taken aback every time I go to a Masters how laid back and easy it is compared to other tournaments.

Augusta to me has always been about tradition, mystique and class. I think it takes away from the tournament. I may be in the minority but I would this rather not take place. That’s just my opinion which don’t mean jack.

Reactions: Cybercock
Jack is always great on TV. He’d take it serious and do his homework. The guys would love him. I bet he’s already been on Gameday to be honest.

**Update**
Yep, he was on in 2017.
jack-nicklaus-gameday.jpg
I stand corrected and know nothing!!!

The Masters is one of the most valuable brands in golf, or even sports as a whole. It's about time they had someone who understood how to market the asset.

The Masters does not need "marketing".The revenue streams they have now bring in more money than they need.What are they going to spend it on?Nicer jackets?A new clubhouse?Remember Augusta National is about the most "private" club there is.The more you open it up to outsiders the more influence the outsiders exert.

How big is Augusta National and the Masters? Last night when it was announced that Game Day was going to Augusta my wife declared, "We have to go to the Masters."

My wife doesn't even play golf. She compared Augusta and Pebble Beach as the "Grand Canyons" of golf. They are just so iconic they have to be seen at least once in any given lifetime.

How big is Augusta National and the Masters? Last night when it was announced that Game Day was going to Augusta my wife declared, "We have to go to the Masters."

My wife doesn't even play golf. She compared Augusta and Pebble Beach as the "Grand Canyons" of golf. They are just so iconic they have to be seen at least once in any given lifetime.

Biggest golf tournament in the world. Only The Open even compares.

ADVERTISEMENT