ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Hill Highlights: Western Illinois vs Colorado State

Wasn’t RH’s only really impressive game for us last year against an FCS team?

He completed 63% of his passes for 324 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT against Bama's #16 passing D.

He completed 75% of his passes for 1 TD and 0 INT against UGA's #19 passing defense (in Athens).

Those are impressive lines for a true freshman no matter how you slice it. Hill has never played a team anywhere near the caliber of those 2 teams.

He completed 63% of his passes for 324 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT against Bama's #16 passing D.

He completed 75% of his passes for 1 TD and 0 INT against UGA's #19 passing defense (in Athens).

Those are impressive lines for a true freshman no matter how you slice it. Hill has never played a team anywhere near the caliber of those 2 teams.

Dude you can't stand facts can you... I've pointed out to you on numerous post that RH got most of his yards against Bama's 2/3/4 string players in the second half. He threw a freaking TD with 15 seconds left in the game down 31 points! He had a great half of football against UGA. With that being said, how did he look last year as a whole? Can you answer that @JComp???

Your love fest for RH isn't warranted. You can't choose player over team.

Reactions: Brace1

Right, so you have no way of knowing how he would have/ will perform against them? IOW- all your whining is coming from a place of complete ignorance as to the subject of your ire?

So glad to hear you admit that and thank you for taking the bait.

Dude you can't stand facts can you... I've pointed out to you on numerous post that RH got most of his yards against Bama's 2/3/4 string players in the second half. He threw a freaking TD with 15 seconds left in the game down 31 points! He had a great half of football against UGA. With that being said, how did he look last year as a whole? Can you answer that @JComp???

Your love fest for RH isn't warranted. You can't choose player over team.

That was a clutch TD pass though. Helped me with the backdoor cover. I’m pretty sure I cheered louder than anyone.

Reactions: Cocky4SC

Serious question; will you be pulling for the Gamecocks on 9/26, or will you be pulling for CH to fail??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hill throws a nice ball. I know the competition is rough but he looks really comfortable back there. Feel like our QBs in the past haven’t. I know it’s not a solid team he’s playing againsy but I do have a little more hope seeing how he threw the ball and made some quick decisions. I do have concerns about player development, especially at the QB position. Our players don’t seem to get much better here over their 4 years. Shi Smith comes to mind as well. Hope Hill surprises some folks. For him to beat out RH he must have clearly been the better QB...

This guy won’t overthrow receivers down field that’s for sure. If they are “wide open” he’s gonna hit them, but if they’re well covered it won’t be pretty, I like Colin’s vertical game it’s probably what got him the start, but he’s not good throwing in traffic, and that’s a problem in the SEC. I’m hoping we have a decent running game because we definitely gone need it, and our receivers have to get separation if were gonna have a chance to win games. The huddle seems like a good strategy after what I just saw of Hill and Bobo’s offense.

This guy won’t overthrow receivers down field that’s for sure. If they are “wide open” he’s gonna hit them, but if they’re well covered it won’t be pretty, I like Colin’s vertical game it’s probably what got him the start, but he’s not good throwing in traffic, and that’s a problem in the SEC. I’m hoping we have a decent running game because we definitely gone need it, and our receivers have to get separation if were gonna have a chance to win games. The huddle seems like a good strategy after what I just saw of Hill and Bobo’s offense.
Thank you for an intelligent comment on the QB situation. The temper tantrums posted in regard to it have become so tiresome.

I don’t really care/have a preference as to which plays. I just want to win ( and - no - we won’t know which will make that happen until we play).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT