ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia 4-star WR talks about South Carolina recruitment

Lee Wardlaw

Recruiting Editor
Gold Member
May 31, 2022
During an on site interview at the Fairfield Central vs. Ridge View game on Aug. 23, here is what high-level, 6-foot-2, 185-pound 4-star Columbia, SC target Jordon Gidron had to tell me about his recruitment from South Carolina:

On his relationship with Gamecocks' wide receivers coach Mike Furrey: "It's going good. I talk to him (consistently). The relationship with he and Coach Beamer is going very well.

On what he likes about Shane Beamer: “Just a high energy guy and person. He’s always checking in on me. When I got to watch practices, he’s always running around, he’s with the guys. (Beamer) is not just sitting at the top, watching. So I just like his personality and how he runs things.”

The Gamecocks made his Top 12 cut alongside Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Duke, Georgia, Miami (FL), Louisiana State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ole Miss, and Tennessee in July.

Gidron visited short-lived former Gamecocks' position coach James Coley and the Georgia Bulldogs for their neutral site clash with Clemson at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Aug. 31. Then, he was at Carolina for their big conference game with LSU on Sept. 14. The Gamecocks are keeping good communication with Gidron, and the Bulldogs should be a program to watch in his recruitment.

Gidron, and Jackson Repp, a Class of 2025 Carolina wide receiver target from Christ Church in Greenville, are each battling injuries.

But instead of a season-ending ACL tear like Repp, Gidron only suffered a small tear to his meniscus on Sept. 7. Gidron announced that he is expected to be out 3-6 weeks. That third week is Ridge View's Sept. 28 game against Westwood, where I will be in attendance. And after the game, he should have further things to say about his recovery timeline, the Gamecocks, and other schools in his recruitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caleb Alexander
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.