ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia hosting men's tourney in 2019

That's cool. That would be good for the city.
Couple of questions:
1 - On the men's side, can a team that makes a tournament, play first round games in their home gym? I thought they could not, but I may by incorrect. So if the men made the tournament in 2019, they couldn't play here? Or is that not the case.
2 - If the men hosted rounds 1 and 2, that likely means the women would have to play somewhere else as they couldn't play women's games on the alternate days due to men's teams practcining in arena, right? So Dawn's crew would have to play somewhere else.

Good for the city, but if the above are both true, it might be a small nummer for USC fans, no?

Reactions: nikolas22
Couple of questions:
1 - On the men's side, can a team that makes a tournament, play first round games in their home gym? I thought they could not, but I may by incorrect. So if the men made the tournament in 2019, they couldn't play here? Or is that not the case.
2 - If the men hosted rounds 1 and 2, that likely means the women would have to play somewhere else as they couldn't play women's games on the alternate days due to men's teams practcining in arena, right? So Dawn's crew would have to play somewhere else.

Good for the city, but if the above are both true, it might be a small nummer for USC fans, no?
1. Yes they can.
2. I heard Jay Phillips talking about this just a minute ago. He speculated that we would get in touch with Greenville about their availability to host "our" first round games in the Women's Tournament.

1. Yes they can.
2. I heard Jay Phillips talking about this just a minute ago. He speculated that we would get in touch with Greenville about their availability to host "our" first round games in the Women's Tournament.

Unless they changed the rule, the men cannot play on their home court. The only time it's allowed is the Final Four because those sites are selected so many years in advance and it's conceivable that a team could possibly make the Final Four when it's being hosted on their home court.

Unfortunately this unfairly penalizes the women's team in their first and second round games. Now both teams will have to travel.

You beat me to it...But on twitter it says the Womens Regional in Greenville is 2019 and Greensboro 2020

I'm shocked that Greenville, SC is not hosting sooner after the success this year.

Couple of questions:

No, the men cannot play in their home gym in the NCAAT.

Yes, if the CLA hosts the MBB 1st and 2nd rounds, the women would have to host elsewhere (if they were a top 4 seed). They could host at another arena in SC.

Unless they changed the rule, the men cannot play on their home court. The only time it's allowed is the Final Four because those sites are selected so many years in advance and it's conceivable that a team could possibly make the Final Four when it's being hosted on their home court.

Theoretically possible, yes. But more likely that a basketball team would be playing on their _football_ team's home field in the Final Four. Didn't the NCAA up the minimum capacity for Final Four venues to 70,000?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT