ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia & USC should now be planning a "Homecoming" for the Lady G's....

UpstateGC

Gold Member
Jul 31, 2007
Columbia, surrounding area and USC students/faculty should now be organizing/planning a "Homecoming Celebration" for the Lady G's at the Columbia Airport if they whip Connecticut Monday night.

All you people in Columbia and at school - get to work now ! Spread the word !

Update to original post....

Woa, I really got carried away with that original post. I guess I should've expressed it more clearly because I got carried away with the embellishment. It's NOT a organized "celebration" like our baseball team received for the NC.

It's just simply meeting the team at the airport when they come home for some good old fashion cheering for a job well done when they arrive.

Not much organizing or planning for that, I guess.

When McGuire's team upset the 3 NC teams on "ACC Tobacco Road" ... 4 to 5 thousand of fans showed-up and met them at the airport when they got home. Nothing overboard and wrong with that. Not much difference than fans storming the home court after a big win at the our Coliseum.

I guess if one fan shows up at the airport to welcome them home after a sweet win against the NO. 2 team in the nation (former National Champions) - it would look pretty bad, IMO.

This post was edited on 2/7 10:23 AM by UpstateGC

Originally posted by UpstateGC:
Columbia, surrounding area and USC students/faculty should now be organizing/planning a "Homecoming Celebration" for the Lady G's at the Columbia Airport if they whip Connecticut Monday night.

This post was edited on 2/6 6:18 PM by UpstateGC
I hope you aren't serious with this post. Really. How about...acting like you've been there before (even if you haven't) because I'm certain UCONN will treat it as just another game against a top opponent.

Originally posted by Uncle Money:

I hope you aren't serious with this post. Really. How about...acting like you've been there before (even if you haven't) because I'm certain UCONN will treat it as just another game against a top opponent.
You are incorrect thinking "UConn will treat it as just ....."........they are upset at the fact they LOST a game and the Mighty Gamecocks are undefeated! It's not just another game up there. They better have their A-game or they'll get run out of their own gym. Carolina's depth will be a huge challenge for them.

for potentially beating a team that we are ranked ahead of in the regular season? What's next, a parade for making the sweet 16?

I hope that this Board doesn't become an "overinflated ego" if the Lady G's pull the upset. Regular season wins are nice, but I've seen UCONN lose regular season games and then roll people in the Tournament. That's where it counts. If we can't beat them twice, let's do it in the Tournament when it really counts. All I want is a close game on Monday.

in addition to all the other reasons this is a bad idea, planning a victory celebration before you have even played the game is extremely bad karma.

Originally posted by Uncle Money:

Woa, I really got carried away with that post. I guess I should've clarified my post better because I got carried away with the embellishment. It's NOT a organized "celebration" like our baseball team received for the NC.

It's just simply meeting the team at the "airport" when they come home for some good old fashion cheering when they arrive. Not much organizing or planning for that, I guess.

When McGuire's team upset the 3 NC teams on "ACC Tobacco Road" ... 4 to 5 thousand of fans showed-up and met them at the airport when they got home. Nothing overboard and wrong with that. Not much difference than fans storming the home court after a big win at the our Coliseum.

I guess if one fan shows up at the airport to welcome them home after a sweet win against the NO. 2 team in the nation (former National Champions) - it would look pretty bad, IMO.

This post was edited on 2/6 6:49 PM by UpstateGC

I know the UConn fans have a d-bags an talking a lot of pre-game trash, but do we really need to stoop their level? I'd rather let them get their egos up and then when beat them, drink their tears and rub it in.

ADVERTISEMENT