ADVERTISEMENT

Come on Dawn . Put in Cuevas !

pepsicock

Gold Member
May 12, 2006
Columbia SC Home of the Fighting Gamecocks !!!
innocent0001.r191677.gif

Originally posted by pepsicock:
Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
Bianca got caught playing some matador defense and was taught a lesson.
She is a freshman . I will give her a pass. Still love to watch her play .
okay, but as a freshman, if she gives poor effort in the game it's a good idea to bench her show she knows not to give that weak effort again. Sessions was playing with the right effort because she already learned that lesson. Dawn Staley's legacy is as a max effort point guard. She's not going to tolerate lazy defense from her point guards, because that is not how they are going to get better. Bianca will be back, don't worry. Dawn will straighten her out and maybe she'll be out of that funk from the last couple of games.

If she was showing poor effort, then give her a big lecture and put her back out there, don't bench her. They will need her against Tennessee. Sorry Dawn, that's a good way to lose a player. Leave egos at home.

Leave ego at home?? Really?? Good lord, she has lost one game this season, is ranked #2 and you think you know how to handle her players better than her?? Congrats, you just won the gold medal in the stupid post Olympics!!!!

If you put a talented player that can play anywhere on the bench, do you not think that the player thinks of going somewhere else where she can play? She is a great coach, but that wasn't one of her better moves. Is it a thing, that if someone makes a point, that you need to call someone stupid?

I said the post was stupid, telling Staley to leave her ego at home. So you think she kept her on bench to stoke her own ego?? You don't think much of probably the best coach we have at USC if you think she benches kids for her own ego.

Originally posted by Garnet chicken:
If she was showing poor effort, then give her a big lecture and put her back out there, don't bench her. They will need her against Tennessee. Sorry Dawn, that's a good way to lose a player. Leave egos at home.
This is ridiculous. She won't learn her lesson by barking at her putting her right back in. The lesson is that if she wants to play than she needs to up her game. Right now Sessions is playing better, period. Dawn knows what she is doing with her point guards. She's emphasizing defense from her guards and the one that are showing that defensive intensity are going to be the ones playing.

This post was edited on 2/20 2:54 PM by ReadR00ster

Sessions/Cuevas question

Right now Sessions is playing better, period.

I agree that Sessions is playing better. Does anyone agree with me that the reason Sessions is playing better is because Cuevas provides some good competition?

Re: Sessions/Cuevas question

Originally posted by vacock#:

Right now Sessions is playing better, period.

I agree that Sessions is playing better. Does anyone agree with me that the reason Sessions is playing better is because Cuevas provides some good competition?
I don't know if that is the reason but it doesn't hurt. Sessions elevated her game since the beginning of the year from the year before, and she elevated her game again starting around the Kentucky game. Cuevas provided a spark off the bench starting at the Florida game but I don't see that effecting how Sessions has played. I would say Cuevas is the one improving by using Sessions as example.

Seriously?
roll.r191677.gif

Seriously. If you were a top player coming in would you want to ride the pine for a whole game? End of my posts on this topic. Let's end it here.

This is the dumbest post I have seen on any rivals board since I've been reading. That's probably 8-9 years. I'm talking from someone who's trying to be serious, not the just plain ridiculous posts.

I'm not calling you dumb, Garnet, but that was one dumb post.

To review Dawn Staley has.....

Told Doniyah Cliney a top 50 recruit, academically accepted and not injured that she had to reshirt and not even practice with the team for the fall semester in order to get academics in order
Told the best recruit in the country(A'ja Wilson) it just ain't working with you as a starter, forcing her to come off the bench after just one game As a starter
Suspended Tina Roy for two games for bad attitude and lack of effort in practice.
Suspended Alaina Coates for one game and limited her minutes in several games thereafter.
Benched Bianca Cuevas for two fouls and being unhappy with her play.
Called out Khadijah Sessions publicly for poor play.
Constantly yells and curses at her players from the bench.

Clearly she has lost control of this team and the players have no respect for her or her rules. Ray Tanner must, simply must come in and remedy this train wreck!

At the start of the year DS said EVERYONE on the team would have to sacrifice if WE are going to win. Every starter has lost playing time and seen their stats decrease except Mitchell. Cuevas just got a mild reminder.

Originally posted by MorganEFan:
I apologize, not calling you stupid, bad choice, my bad. Have good day.
Then I'll say it. Garnet Chicken's posts are stupid.

This post was edited on 2/20 10:46 PM by coxman

Originally posted by winloseortie:
To review Dawn Staley has.....

Told Doniyah Cliney a top 50 recruit, academically accepted and not injured that she had to reshirt and not even practice with the team for the fall semester in order to get academics in order
Told the best recruit in the country(A'ja Wilson) it just ain't working with you as a starter, forcing her to come off the bench after just one game As a starter
Suspended Tina Roy for two games for bad attitude and lack of effort in practice.
Suspended Alaina Coates for one game and limited her minutes in several games thereafter.
Benched Bianca Cuevas for two fouls and being unhappy with her play.
Called out Khadijah Sessions publicly for poor play.
Constantly yells and curses at her players from the bench.

Clearly she has lost control of this team and the players have no respect for her or her rules. Ray Tanner must, simply must come in and remedy this train wreck!

At the start of the year DS said EVERYONE on the team would have to sacrifice if WE are going to win. Every starter has lost playing time and seen their stats decrease except Mitchell. Cuevas just got a mild reminder.
Even Mitchell only usually plays about 26 mins a game. That is nothing for an All-American. So our bench is getting plenty of playing time. None of them have any right to complain since we rotate players more than anyone. Also, this a team trying to win a championship. There is no place for players with egos worrying about how much playing time they get, especially in their first year. Tiffany Davis is a good player, and she hardly gets to play anymore. When they show her face, 3/4 times she has a smile on it. That's a team player.

This post was edited on 2/21 12:17 AM by ReadR00ster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT