ADVERTISEMENT

Comment jay Phillips made yesterday

It’s a Sun Belt program from Conway, SC that plays on teal turf in a stadium that could easily be confused for a high school venue. I pull for the little guys, but no one listens when they run their mouth. That tweet should’ve received zero attention from Carolina fans.

their rating is based on last years finish. Do you really think they are better than Kentucky, Mizzou, Arkansas, Florida, Auburn, or Georgia? Sure, they would stack up nicely against us, Tenn, and Vandy. There are ten teams in the SEC better than Coastal. When P5 teams play them they usually do not take the game seriously. Players almost think it’s a relaxed weekend. All these Coastal level teams take advantage of that. I am hoping for the 12 team playoff so those teams can see what it’s like to play good teams almost every week, when the games really matter. Coastal’s big win over BYU was a great game and a good win; BYU played them at their place and and we’re pretty evenly matched.
Georgia was missing half their team when they played Cincinnati in the Bowl game. But, I think Cincinnati is a very good team and will make a good Big12 member. I just don’t agree with your assessment and I think you might see that this season.
How would Vegas handicap the teams you mentioned vs Coastal Carolina?
Kentucky, Coastal would be favored over UK, @UK.
Missouri, CCU would be favored over Missouri, @ Missouri.
Florida, Fla would be favored over Coastal, in the Swamp.
Georgia, Vegas would make UGA less than 17 point favorite. @Athens.
Tennessee, Coastal by 17, @ Knoxville.
Vandy, Coastal by 24 @ Nashville.

"When P5 teams play them they usually do not take the game seriously. Players almost think it’s a relaxed weekend. All these Coastal level teams take advantage of that."
That is a losers excuse. We didn't want to be there is what we hear when a good G5 team beats a P5 team in a bowl game. Losers excuse.

"When P5 teams play them they usually do not take the game seriously. Players almost think it’s a relaxed weekend. All these Coastal level teams take advantage of that."
That is a losers excuse. We didn't want to be there is what we hear when a good G5 team beats a P5 team in a bowl game. Losers excuse.
Put the bottle down. UK would beat the brakes off of CCU, as would Mizzou and UT.

They did not play football until 2007. They have come a long way in a short amount of time. Their football program is better managed than USC's. They have football people making the football decisions.

I am glad we did not play them last season. They are on our schedule again in 2025. I hope we are a lot better in 2025 than we are now. It all depends on Coach Beamer being a good hire.
Not afraid of Coastal. I’m glad there program is having success but we should never duck an instate opponent if we can make the scheduling work. That said if we play them 10 times maybe they win twice. If we lost more than that I wouldn’t be concerned about them. I’d be concerned about us.

Put the bottle down. UK would beat the brakes off of CCU, as would Mizzou and UT.
You have your opinion but nothing else. Here is the latest Associated Press rankings. Notice there is no Kentucky, Missouri, or Tennessee on the list
AP Top 25
RankTeamRecordPoints (No. 1 votes)
1Alabama2-01,572 (60)
2Georgia2-01,514 (3)
3Oklahoma2-01,402
4Oregon2-01,355
5Iowa2-01,263
6Clemson1-11,246
7Texas A&M2-01,206
8Cincinnati2-01,149
9Ohio State1-11,029
10Penn State2-01,005
11Florida2-0935
12Notre Dame2-0926
13UCLA2-0804
14Iowa State1-1593
15Virginia Tech2-0591
16Coastal Carolina2-0562
17Ole Miss2-0550
18Wisconsin1-1499
19Arizona State2-0341
20Arkansas2-0277
21North Carolina1-1268
22Auburn2-0233
23BYU2-0213
24Miami1-1177
25Michigan2-0163

You have your opinion but nothing else. Here is the latest Associated Press rankings. Notice there is no Kentucky, Missouri, or Tennessee on the list
AP Top 25
1Alabama2-01,572 (60)
2Georgia2-01,514 (3)
3Oklahoma2-01,402
4Oregon2-01,355
5Iowa2-01,263
6Clemson1-11,246
7Texas A&M2-01,206
8Cincinnati2-01,149
9Ohio State1-11,029
10Penn State2-01,005
11Florida2-0935
12Notre Dame2-0926
13UCLA2-0804
14Iowa State1-1593
15Virginia Tech2-0591
16Coastal Carolina2-0562
17Ole Miss2-0550
18Wisconsin1-1499
19Arizona State2-0341
20Arkansas2-0277
21North Carolina1-1268
22Auburn2-0233
23BYU2-0213
24Miami1-1177
25Michigan2-0163
LOL, you must be kidding. Coastal isnt the 16th best team.

Here is the final poll from 2020. Again no Kentucky, Missouri or Tennessee listed.
#1 Alabama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Texas A&M
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Oklahoma
#7 Georgia
#8 Cincinnati
#9 Iowa State
#10 Northwestern
#11 BYU
#12 Indiana
#13 Florida
#14 Coastal Carolina
#15 Louisiana
#16 Iowa
#17 Liberty
#18 North Carolina
#19 Texas
#20 Oklahoma State
#21 USC
#22 Miami
#23 Ball State
#24 San Jose State
#25 Buffalo

Here is the final poll from 2020. Again no Kentucky, Missouri or Tennessee listed.
#1 Alabama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Texas A&M
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Oklahoma
#7 Georgia
#8 Cincinnati
#9 Iowa State
#10 Northwestern
#11 BYU
#12 Indiana
#13 Florida
#14 Coastal Carolina
#15 Louisiana
#16 Iowa
#17 Liberty
#18 North Carolina
#19 Texas
#20 Oklahoma State
#21 USC
#22 Miami
#23 Ball State
#24 San Jose State
#25 Buffalo
Please just stop Coastal is overrated and everybody knows it.

He asked you to put the bottle down. I see you haven't.
Yes, he also mentioned Tennessee in his comparison. That is laughable. If you follow college football you know that was a stupid comparison. Tennessee, Vanderbilt and South Carolina have been the three weakest teams in the SEC for the past year.

Haters are going to hate. I know it is tough for some to comprehend, but their program has passed us. Many in here are blinded by their fandom.
This has to be a joke. Look at the conference they play in. Put them in the SEC competing against all those teams you just mentioned, including us. Gamecocks fans like you salivating over a team who's fanbase makes fun on us. Pathetic.

This has to be a joke. Look at the conference they play in. Put them in the SEC competing against all those teams you just mentioned, including us. Gamecocks fans like you salivating over a team who's fanbase makes fun on us. Pathetic.
The conference they play in has no relation to how good Coastal's football program has become. Clemmy plays in a crappy conference but it has not kept them from building a strong football program. Playing in the strongest football conference has provided USC a lot of money. South Carolina's facilities are great now, but it has not translated into more wins.
I am not salivating over any team. I am just being honest about our football program. It was pitiful watching Appalachian State come here in 2019 and beat us. App State went to Coastal last season and Coastal beat their butt. We have a few years to improve. If we do not improve Coastal will come into Williams Brice and beat us in 2025. I do not want this to happen, but right now it looks like it could happen.

I have no idea where you come up with what Vegas would determine, hypothetically. Lets not not go only to the teams listed above but let’s add the remainder of the SEC. teams like: Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Alabama, Auburn. Coastal would have a losing record playing in the SEC. I feel sure any SEC team they were to beat would be considered an upset. And, again, you are basing your theory on their current rating and that rating is based on last year, when they played one Top 25 team.

Losers excuse? I am not making excuses for anyone. What I said is fact. teams I played on did not play as well as they did when playing a conference team or a rated team. It happens everywhere, and has been for 130 years. Those factors are reasons coming from me, not excuses. It is why I want to see them play some of the teams with whom they are rated similarly. A 12 team playoff might get to that. According to you Coastal would not make that list. I guess they just need to schedule better teams.

Kentucky. Do you really think they can beat Kentucky? And, how about seeing how they would do playing Georgia the week before? They would have the same record we will and would not be rated in the Top 25.

AP Top 25
1Alabama2-01,572 (60)
2Georgia2-01,514 (3)
3Oklahoma2-01,402
4Oregon2-01,355
5Iowa2-01,263
6Clemson1-11,246
7Texas A&M2-01,206
8Cincinnati2-01,149
9Ohio State1-11,029
10Penn State2-01,005
11Florida2-0935
12Notre Dame2-0926
13UCLA2-0804
14Iowa State1-1593
15Virginia Tech2-0591
16Coastal Carolina2-0562
17Ole Miss2-0550
18Wisconsin1-1499
19Arizona State2-0341
20Arkansas2-0277
21North Carolina1-1268
22Auburn2-0233
23BYU2-0213
24Miami1-1177
25Michigan2-0163
lol. You put up subjective rankings? What you posted was purely opinion on what Vegas odds would be and if you think CCU could hang with the teams you listed you are delusional

The conference they play in has no relation to how good Coastal's football program has become. Clemmy plays in a crappy conference but it has not kept them from building a strong football program. Playing in the strongest football conference has provided USC a lot of money. South Carolina's facilities are great now, but it has not translated into more wins.
I am not salivating over any team. I am just being honest about our football program. It was pitiful watching Appalachian State come here in 2019 and beat us. App State went to Coastal last season and Coastal beat their butt. We have a few years to improve. If we do not improve Coastal will come into Williams Brice and beat us in 2025. I do not want this to happen, but right now it looks like it could happen.
After reading yours posts I dont think you're drunk, I think you are clueless and dont know the first thing about football. Its comical

After reading yours posts I dont think you're drunk, I think you are clueless and dont know the first thing about football. Its comical
lol. You put up subjective rankings? What you posted was purely opinion on what Vegas odds would be and if you think CCU could hang with the teams you listed you are delusional
When Vegas sets a point spread millions of dollars are on the line. Nobody has more at risk from setting the lines than Vegas. They study the teams from every angle possible. Do you truly think Tennessee would be favored over Coastal? That made me laugh.

When Vegas sets a point spread millions of dollars are on the line. Nobody has more at risk from setting the lines than Vegas. They study the teams from every angle possible. Do you truly think Tennessee would be favored over Coastal? That made me laugh.
You created fictitious betting lines and yes I think they would be favored but regardless of betting lines UT would kick their ass.

Even though clemsun is in a cupcake conference, they can still compete against power 5 elite programs because of their athletes. Who does coastal have that would get a sniff in a p-5 school? coastal will get their behinds handed to them again 2025 just like they always do in Williams Brice.

You created fictitious betting lines and yes I think they would be favored but regardless of betting lines UT would kick their ass.
That is what I think the line would be. There is nearly no chance Coastal Carolina would lose to Tennessee or South Carolina.

Ok Darkhorse...you say CCU would do good in the sec....so if USC played coastals schedule this year what would there record be?

their rating is based on last years finish. Do you really think they are better than Kentucky, Mizzou, Arkansas, Florida, Auburn, or Georgia? Sure, they would stack up nicely against us, Tenn, and Vandy. There are ten teams in the SEC better than Coastal. When P5 teams play them they usually do not take the game seriously. Players almost think it’s a relaxed weekend. All these Coastal level teams take advantage of that. I am hoping for the 12 team playoff so those teams can see what it’s like to play good teams almost every week, when the games really matter. Coastal’s big win over BYU was a great game and a good win; BYU played them at their place and and we’re pretty evenly matched.
Georgia was missing half their team when they played Cincinnati in the Bowl game. But, I think Cincinnati is a very good team and will make a good Big12 member. I just don’t agree with your assessment and I think you might see that this season.
What people don’t account for was that this game was schedule a couple of days before it was played. Sure, Coastal has the same short notice…but they also didn’t have all the travel time associated with it. I’d say Coastal was easily twice as prepared for this game as BYU. Typically a staff will spend Monday watching film and game planning and then install that week. BYU literally did not have that opportunity. I’d think Coastal did that and had one day to prepare when BYU was traveling.

Great win for Coastal? Yes. Shocking due to circumstances? Not at all.

How good is ECU? That is our level right now.
When we beat UGA 2 years ago, we’re we at the level of a Top 5 team? Your logic is flawed and biased.

No, we are not ECU’s level. We did however go on the road and played a trap game against ECU and won.

You really should go pull for CCU. All “Gamecocks” fans that gush over CCU should actually. I say deep down you know they really aren’t on our level…which is why you don’t.

We lost to App on a shitty overthrow of a wide open receiver in the end zone on 4th down.

Reactions: chief2791
We lost to App on a shitty overthrow of a wide open receiver in the end zone on 4th down.
In a year where our team clearly had stopped giving a $hit. That game was huge for App State. Our guys were going through the motions. No Gamecock fan was shocked it happened. But most realize why.

In a year where our team clearly had stopped giving a $hit. That game was huge for App State. Our guys were going through the motions. No Gamecock fan was shocked it happened. But most realize why.
The only shocking thing was that Muschamp was allowed to return for a fifth season.

Then again, was it really?

I bet they could take down BAMA. You're either a tater or a little coastal fan. How cute.
Wrong again, I have been a Gamecock fan for a long time. I was a Roundhouse member of The Gamecock club for several years. I have seen our football program mismanaged decade after decade. I have watched it crash repeatedly. Eventually I stopped being a simpleton fan, cheerleader, and started seeing things differently. I try to observe Gamecock football not as a fanatic, but the way it really is.

I hated the Muschamp hire. Why would someone hire a head coach that had just failed miserably at his previous head coaching job? It made no sense to me. Our program was set up for another crash, and this time I saw it coming years before it happened. I did not like the Beamer hire also. Why take such a huge risk on a man that has no head coaching experience? There were other, considerably less risky choices available. I am pulling for Beamer but I also realize the odds of success are not in his favor.

I have seen Coastal Carolina start a football program from scratch. In a little over a decade they moved to the FBS level. That is a quick rise from nothing. Coastal has become a nationally ranked team. They now are the top team in their conference. They have advanced rapidly, but they have earned this. I wondered, how have they come so far so fast? I looked at their low budget football program and compared it to ours. How many times in 15 years has Coastal's football program crashed? They have not experienced that kind of failure. South Carolina's football program has crashed 5 times just since we joined the SEC. I noticed the people making the football decisions at Coastal are football people. South Carolina for some crazy reason runs its football program much differently.

let them and clemson battle for the state of sc in football.. is he ****ing delirious? they lost to Liberty in a bowl game and beat BYU (which was a good win) on short notice and a horrible Kansas team both the last two years.

edit - not to mention had the game against UL - Lafeyette cancelled for the Southern championship game or whatever shyte conference theyre in.

Reactions: USC GRAD 84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT