ADVERTISEMENT

Complete DISRESPECT in AP top 25 poll

gocarolina825

Nov 10, 2017
7-3 (5-3) 2nd in SEC East South Carolina winners of last 4 out of 5 receives 2 votes (good for 35 in country) 5-4 Georgia Tech received 6 votes

the 7-3 teams that are ranked in top 25 are Stanford, LSU (lost to troy at home) Michigan State, West Virginia, and NC State (Which has no good wins, and SC beat them)

7-3 teams that received more votes than SC include:
Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

4 loss teams that received more votes than SC:
Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

8-2 teams that have a pathetic schedule and received more votes than SC:
Boise State 6
Army 3

Last edited:
I think what's hurting us is that many of our wins have been too close. If you look after the Arkansas game we received a good many votes, but people do look at the scores and see 28-20? Damn USC struggled with a down Florida team. They don't get to watch our games, they just look at the score then next day.

7-3 (5-3) 2nd in SEC East South Carolina winners of last 4 out of 5 receives 2 votes (good for 35 in country) 5-4 Georgia Tech received 6 votes

the 7-3 teams that are ranked in top 25 are Stanford, LSU (lost to troy at home) Michigan State, West Virginia, and NC State (Which has no good wins, and SC beat them)

Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

Boise State 6
Army 3

More motivation! Fuch the AP voters!!

I dont get it either
+1. I understand the sec has some down teams, but if ncst is a top 25 team, usc is too. If uga is 7th, usc is a top 25 team. If LSU is 21st, usc is a top 25 team (I would put the uk loss right there with lsu's loss to Troy). GT? Gtfo. Army? Lol.

Agree with op, complete disrespect. Wait until we run through our non con in bball. They will do the same thing. No respect.

I think Northwestern deserves to be in the top 25 with wins against Michigan State and Iowa. They also beat Nebraska on the road. They two defeats they have in conference is against Wisconsin and Penn State which are very good teams.

Reactions: king ward
IF we beat UK and TaMU we would be. Barely beat La Tech and history shows us we will play Wofford or whoever close. I’m just happy we are where we are now. We could be neck and neck with Vandy.

Reactions: CMac3428

Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

Boise State 6
Army 3
Gonna be even sweeter if we beat clemron & vault into the rankings before our Bowl Game

We are going to have to earn respect either by blowing out teams we are supposed to beat and/or beating someone we shouldn't ...

ef1566a3bf3a1179cfacc17afd0d010b_zpsws5ovp4t.jpg

It'd be very interesting to see what our rank would be if we had beaten UK and ATM, or even just UK. The record looks good but the competition doesn't jump out at you at all. I guess this is what it's like for non Power 5 teams, or back in the ACC days. Weird times in the SEC

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
We've been helped considerably by some awful teams in the East and these were close wins. Most years we would be looking at no bowl with this level of talent. But hey, you can't help your schedule.

Reactions: Patrick14711471

Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

Boise State 6
Army 3
We would likely be pretty close to undefeated against all those teams - most trouble would be LSU and WVU.

So what. The point is we are better than at least 15 of the teams ranked in the top 25. We have already beat one team. It's pure disrespect to not be ranked and receive less votes than a 4 loss team.
The 4-loss team that took the new #2 team to the wire or the 4 loss team that beat two top 5 opponents ?

So what. The point is we are better than at least 15 of the teams ranked in the top 25. We have already beat one team. It's pure disrespect to not be ranked and receive less votes than a 4 loss team.
Never really cared for ranks. Unless youre in the Top 10 the rest is so subjective because comparison is difficult. We have 1 decent win this year, not a great win but a decent one. Our other 6 wins are over teams that are struggling for bowl eligibility. And non of those wins are terribly convincing except Arkansas. I'm pumped were 7-3 but it's been ugly.

Yes, USC is better than #25 NCState, demonstrated on a neutral field; I have no defense or rationalization for the voters' perspective here. Who else?

Struggling to beat bad teams (Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, Louisiana Tech -- and three of those at home) is not a formula for respect. Our best win is over the No. 25 team in the season opener. While I'm happy with the progress, I can understand why AP voters aren't overwhelmed.

If we win next weekend, we stand a chance of being ranked for a week.
If we haven't lost to Wofford first.
The only time we ever won the East, it was on the strength of a 5-3 record. That was when the East was beginning to really suck.
It appears it's time for your nightly laxative.

As far as the rankings, who cares? We're not competing for anything (well, 2nd in the East) and it won't help us in bowl selection, so there's really nothing to gain. Then again, if we win out we'll more than likely slide in at 25 or 24.
Just win...that's all the team needs to focus on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT