ADVERTISEMENT

Complete lack of respect

bostonsc

Feb 1, 2006
Take a look at the polls. Our of all of the Power 5 conference teams with three losses we are the lowest ranked. We didn't get a single vote in the AP. There are a number of 4 loss teams with more votes than us. I'm not sure how a team from the strongest conference that only lost to teams that were ranked at the time can be lower than 3 loss teams from crappy conferences with bad losses. There is definitely no way a 4 loss Big 10 team should be ahead of us but both Purdue and Northwestern are. I just don't get it.

By the way, you don't need to respond saying we don't deserve respect or that we don't deserve to be ranked. I get that and that is not my point. I'm just pointing out how we are viewed in comparison with other three loss teams.

We received 7 votes in the coaches poll. Don't worry, you can bet we will be ranked on November 24.

Reactions: Wiles2
Just win baby! To be fair USC has let down at times the little positive press we get. I remember we had a few pundits talking us up preseason only to lay eggs against Georgia and Kentucky. While I agree with you USC has always been held to a different standard of success than other schools, in order to receive respect with media and coaches poles. Were going to have to win like we did in OBC's golden years to get the respect back. Hopefully this next recruiting class will help put us on the right track.

Take a look at the polls. Our of all of the Power 5 conference teams with three losses we are the lowest ranked. We didn't get a single vote in the AP. There are a number of 4 loss teams with more votes than us. I'm not sure how a team from the strongest conference that only lost to teams that were ranked at the time can be lower than 3 loss teams from crappy conferences with bad losses. There is definitely no way a 4 loss Big 10 team should be ahead of us but both Purdue and Northwestern are. I just don't get it.

By the way, you don't need to respond saying we don't deserve respect or that we don't deserve to be ranked. I get that and that is not my point. I'm just pointing out how we are viewed in comparison with other three loss teams.

Maybe if our coach had a set of ears like Dabo we would get noticed

This was something i posted October 15th.....:mad::mad::mad:

Man I just didn’t realize just how far we have fell/fallen down the ladder huuuuhhh… just wanted to share something with you guys when I was on my way to work this morning that just made me feel so BLAHHHH and just kinda down. I was listening to Mike Golic on sport radio talk this morning (some of you may have heard as well) and they were talking about the NCAA Playoff and how a lot of ranked teams went down this weekend and they were giving their opinion on who they thought would be in the playoff’s etc… and of course they predicted clemSUCK being one of those teams. The question was ask “What threat or danger would you see for Clemson the rest of their schedule” the answer was that maybe Florida ST / NC State would be the only thing that they see that could be a little hiccup for them because the rest of their games are almost a cake walk…. Again CAKE WALK????.. They never metioned SC in any kind of way or even acknowledged us even playing them. It pains me to say but it doesn’t seem we are even relevant in the college football world, the only time we are mention is when some commentator etc… says something about Muschamp loosing another, Florida, Something to prove, has he learned a lot? etc… you know what I’m talking about. “ NOT Relevant” Serious?? What you guys think??????????????

Reactions: Judson1
If you think the AP poll is bad, take a look at the ESPN SEC power rankings. Last week they had us behind two teams we beat, and who have the same or worse records.This week they have Missouri TWO SPOTS above us, even though we beat them and they have only one SEC win.

Last edited:
I agree OP. But to be fair, we’ve played one less game. We would be 6-3 right now had Marshall not been canceled.

I agree OP. But to be fair, we’ve played one less game. We would be 6-3 right now had Marshall not been canceled.
True but we are still getting less respect than someone like Northwestern who has four losses. They are in an inferior conference and are winless out of conference including home losses to Akron and Duke.
You've got 3 loss teams ranked as high as 15 and we don't even get a single AP vote? I think the thing that annoys me the most is that out of all 3 loss P5 teams we are given the least respect.

Reactions: Judson1
If you think the AP poll is bad, take a look at the ESPN SEC power rankings. Last week they had us behind two teams we beat, and who have the same or worse records.This week they have Missouri TWO SPOTS above us, even though we beat them and they have only one SEC win.
I saw that as well. Ridiculous.

I think a lot of it has to do with how poorly we looked against UGA and Kentucky . Both those games were just Terrible efforts , especially the UGA game when we had a lot of hype going in . Also the TAMU loss looks worse when they’ve been exposed as a pretty average team . We also do not really have a significant win on the schedule , if we can knock of UF then I think we may have a chance to crack the top 25 .

its the russians

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT