ADVERTISEMENT

Confident in Beamer...again.

DibbleDee

Nov 16, 2020
My confidence in Beamer has waxed and waned since rumors of him being considered for the job first surfaced. I was initially opposed to it for the reasons most would cite...inexperience...then I put my thinking cap on and I gradually warmed up to it. By the time he was hired, I was staunchly pro-Beamer. That confidence took a major hit when it was revealed he'd be retaining 4 coaches from a failed staff. Having watched Shane's comments in full from his his Monday presser, I am, once again, fully confident in Beamer. He came across as a man who's fully in charge of the situation. He can't control what other people choose to do, whether they decided to leave or stay, but he did not come across in any way as someone who was caught flat-footed by any of the unexpected personnel departures. Nor did he come across in any way as someone who was just flying by the seat of his pants. For never having been a head coach, I'm very impressed so far. He does not appear the least bit flummoxed or frustrated or at a loss for what to do. Nor did he just lay down a bunch of typical coaching platitudes. It's just a presser, but it gave me confidence that he knows what he's doing.

My confidence in Beamer has waxed and waned since rumors of him being considered for the job first surfaced. I was initially opposed to it for the reasons most would cite...inexperience...then I put my thinking cap on and I gradually warmed up to it. By the time he was hired, I was staunchly pro-Beamer. That confidence took a major hit when it was revealed he'd be retaining 4 coaches from a failed staff. Having watched Shane's comments in full from his his Monday presser, I am, once again, fully confident in Beamer. He came across as a man who's fully in charge of the situation. He can't control what other people choose to do, whether they decided to leave or stay, but he did not come across in any way as someone who was caught flat-footed by any of the unexpected personnel departures. Nor did he come across in any way as someone who was just flying by the seat of his pants. For never having been a head coach, I'm very impressed so far. He does not appear the least bit flummoxed or frustrated or at a loss for what to do. Nor did he just lay down a bunch of typical coaching platitudes. It's just a presser, but it gave me confidence that he knows what he's doing.
We look embarrassingly unprofessional. You would be hard pressed to script a worse beginning for a first time head coach.

We look embarrassingly unprofessional. You would be hard pressed to script a worse beginning for a first time head coach.

Ha ha.

Not laughing at your opinion. Just how folks see what they want.

It has been less than impressive but exactly what any reasonable person should have expected.

I wasn’t overly impressed by the presser, but I liked listening to Shane 1000x more than hearing from FOS Chump. I didn’t watch/listen to a single presser or call-in
the last two years.

Let the blissful be bliss and whistle. It’s silly season anyways.

The games will be played and reality will set in. We really can’t be any worse than we have been, so there’s that.

I just hope the Villagers aren’t as rough on Beamer when he’s let go like they have been on the other coaches they loved so dearly......

For those of y’all saying we can’t get any worse, were y’all not around for 1-21? Those were my freshman and sophomore years in the marching band at Carolina. I promise you it can get worse!!!!
Those were 2 entirely different teams. 0-11 was a much better team than 1-10. Lately we’ve looked more like ‘98 than ‘99.

Reactions: uscwatson21

Absolutely, positively not Beamer's fault. He has rebounded well. Only mistake he MAY have made is not cleaning house and I have to believe he had Bobo forced upon him.

I’ve noticed that Beamer has not had to “evaluate” any of those leaving our fine institution. And he did not even have any film on them either....such a nice start now.
hahahahahahahaha

I’ve noticed that Beamer has not had to “evaluate” any of those leaving our fine institution. And he did not even have any film on them either....such a nice start now.
But he does need some work on his gap control.

So Des Kitchings is the only one left? And he has only been here one season.

He was also the only one who appeared to be doing his job well.

Hope he stays, but I won't be terribly surprised if he leaves too.

I have a feeling there is a reason why the posters who keep promoting how great Beamer has done have only had accounts on here from November 2020 and later.

I have a feeling there is a reason why the posters who keep promoting how great Beamer has done have only had accounts on here from November 2020 and later.
Well I can’t speak for anyone else but I have been a gamecock fan for 5 decades and was a regular poster on another forum. That forum no longer exists, that’s why I joined here.

I think it's a great start. A far worse start would have been these malcontents hanging around to further poison the team. Cutting a cancer out isn't a pleasant process, but it's FAR better than letting the cancer remain. The 2 we have "lost" (no, Friend doesn't count) would have sabotaged the program.

Reactions: WingchunCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT