ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats To My Grandson....Most of you have practically grown

GulfCoastCock

Jan 7, 2004
up with him....as a freshman, he made the Pace High School Patriots (Home of Will Sport), JV baseball team today.....clocked at 80MPH and later told me his arm wasn't even loosened up yet...lol...Gamecock Nation it won't be long before this Florida kid plays for you.....

This post was edited on 1/20 2:50 AM by GulfCoastCock

Congrats also and thanks for posting his pictures over the years. Good luck and I hope he wants to be a Gamecock but I hope you allow him to follow his heart to the school that he wants. However, with baseball, the really good players go to the minor leagues first.

Originally posted by GulfCoastCock:
up with him....as a freshman, he made the Pace High School Patriots (Home of Will Sport), JV baseball team today.....clocked at 80MPH and later told me his arm wasn't even loosened up yet...lol...Gamecock Nation it won't be long before this Florida kid plays for you.....

This post was edited on 1/20 2:50 AM by GulfCoastCock
That speed is great, but the off-speed is where he'll make his money. Make sure he can throw:

2-seamer or 4-seamer OR BOTH
Change-up
Slider.

Nothing is better than a guy who can go up and in with a fast ball and follow it up with a deadly slider or a guy who can blow it by you and follow that up with a pitch that couldn't break a window pane.

Originally posted by vacock#:
Congrats also and thanks for posting his pictures over the years. Good luck and I hope he wants to be a Gamecock but I hope you allow him to follow his heart to the school that he wants. However, with baseball, the really good players go to the minor leagues first.
The absolute cream of the crop do, but after that, I'd say it's fairly balanced. There are a lot of kids who go straight to the minors who stand little chance of ever making it to the show.

Congrats, I would also like to point out how lucky your grandson is to have a grandfather who is actively engaged in his life and proud of him, so kudos to you for being involved!

He's at a fun age - here's hoping to him just enjoying it and working hard.

Thanks Cock-a-Doo....he has being living with us most of his life...He is a special kid...the Lord has blessed us with him....and I hope one day to see him in a Gamecock uniform....if these football coaches would leave him along so he can concentrate on baseball...lol...but he says he wants to play both...

Thanks vacock...yeah we had one at the tryouts yesterday hitting with the kids...Addison Russell...plays in the Cubs organization...he put on a hitting clinic...He's definitely Gamecock....

proud grandpa....thats awesome....my father loves being a grandpa

Yeah, and education to us is very important....we had a kid here at Pace a couple years ago, Addison Russell, committed to Auburn, but couldn't turn down a 2.25M signing bonus....not many people could do that...I know I couldn't...

I remember and thanks for sharing. I went to flight school in Pcola. Loved it. While I was there I coached in the Bill Bond League up by the airport. Those kids are in their 30s now. Damn!

I would love to see him at USC....best swing I have ever seen out of a kid that age (old posts).....other kid I want is Toman's son...boy could play kids pitch at age 6.

Great job, GulfCoast Grandpa!

Guiding him to be a great man is much more important than being a great athlete. From all we've seen and heard here, you've done just that.

$2.25M is not something you turn down, is it? Heck, that is 45 years of working at $50,000 a year job! And, $50k a year is a pretty good job for most of us. I don't know what my number would be for my sons, but there is a number that would make it silly to pass up.

Congrats again!

Originally posted by GulfCoastCock:
Thanks Cock-a-Doo....he has being living with us most of his life...He is a special kid...the Lord has blessed us with him....and I hope one day to see him in a Gamecock uniform....if these football coaches would leave him along so he can concentrate on baseball...lol...but he says he wants to play both...
I hope he is a gamecock down the road . Good luck to him .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT