ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations ACC refs you won a close one

Haha! Yeah, SEC don't need the NCAA!

Officials won the game? Sounds good! It wasnt a TD taken off the board. He fumbled but probably out of bounds. aTm still had to score and make a 2pt conversion. They didn't make the conversation after a TD. They would have eaten more time off the clock and tried an onside which they did and Clemson recovered. So aTm would have to get ball back and score again.

Say what you want, but the clock would have not been in aTm's favor and they still would have lost, 99% of the time. Sounds good that Clemson won and they should have lost!

Problem is aTm actually looks really good under Jimbo! Mond is a stud at QB. This will be a hard game this year!

Just watched the replay of the game and A&M definitely got robbed on that call. But I also recall a non called push off in the first half that basically gave the taters another touchdown. Clemson is good but they didn't earn the win last night. But you expect this crap any time they play.

I can’t stand Clemson, and I agree that call was wrong...BUT the Aggies still got a touchdown and failed on the 2 point conversion attempt. So, in my mind, the Aggies had their chance but couldn’t seal the deal. Thus, Clemson wins. Like it or not, end of story.

I can’t stand Clemson, and I agree that call was wrong...BUT the Aggies still got a touchdown and failed on the 2 point conversion attempt. So, in my mind, the Aggies had their chance but couldn’t seal the deal. Thus, Clemson wins. Like it or not, end of story.

Had ATM not been screwed, they could have tied it or cut it to two with over 2 minutes to go. Then they could have held (like they did anyway) and had a chance to win with a FG. The refs also gave Clemson a TD on what was clearly offensive pass interference.

Had ATM not been screwed, they could have tied it or cut it to two with over 2 minutes to go. Then they could have held (like they did anyway) and had a chance to win with a FG. The refs also gave Clemson a TD on what was clearly offensive pass interference.

The flaw with this theory is that IF TAMU scores the TD, and IF TAMU does get the 2pt conversion, with 2 minutes left the complexation of the game has totally changed. Clemson would not be of the mindset to just run the clock out calling running plays while TAMU is loading the box to not allow any running lanes.
Now Clemson would go into 2 minute drill with a chance to win with a FG.
I'm not saying Clemson would win, just that if the call went TAMU's way nothing would have transpired the same way as we saw it

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward

Not that I really care, but the A&M game shows Dabo either doesn't have a clue on who to play at QB (Bryant) or may a recruiting promise he is trying to keep with Lawrence.

One other thing, we are in trouble with TA&M this year....again. jimbo is way better than Sumerlin.

Not that I really care, but the A&M game shows Dabo either doesn't have a clue on who to play at QB (Bryant) or may a recruiting promise he is trying to keep with Lawrence.

One other thing, we are in trouble with TA&M this year....again. jimbo is way better than Sumerlin.

It’s pretty obvious. Last year we needed a better passing game to beat Alabama. Kelly is still good enough to get by everybody else, but we need Trevor to get experience in tough games and be ready for a shootout.

Just watched the replay of the game and A&M definitely got robbed on that call. But I also recall a non called push off in the first half that basically gave the taters another touchdown. Clemson is good but they didn't earn the win last night. But you expect this crap any time they play.

It’s troubling that there are so many people driving the SC highways without even the most basic understanding of visual perspective.

Reactions: GvlTgr2
It’s pretty obvious. Last year we needed a better passing game to beat Alabama. Kelly is still good enough to get by everybody else, but we need Trevor to get experience in tough games and be ready for a shootout.

I thought tiger's momentum was adversely affected coming out for the second half with Lawrence. After flubbing up that potential score to end first half then 3 and out with the kid. If the plan was to start TL second half then Dabo should have veto it. Bryant is a team leader and they respond better to him when it gets tough.

Reactions: Section220Dawg
If the right call was made on the fumble they could have kicked a field goal on the last drive to win.

Reactions: roosterbell
There are 5 SEC teams better than Clemsux thru week 2. My problem is they get to go to the playoffs every year before everyone gets to see it while we fight for a damned Outback berth. It is what it is.
As long as they continue to beat acc and sec teams on the road, it’s hard to think they shouldn’t.

You guys do an awful lot to make yourselves feel better about our run:

Strength of Schedule

2015: CU #4
2015: SC #41

2016: CU #3
2016: SC #59

2017: CU #4
2017: SC #48

Yeah LSU got credit for a top 10 win. Is Miami a top 10 team? Hell no!

And Mond will have all day to throw against USC.

A&M wasn't robbed of anything. Had they not gotten the ball back and scored and gotten their opportunity to tie the game, then a case might have been made. As it is - no.

Reactions: LazyIslander
If the right call was made on the fumble they could have kicked a field goal on the last drive to win.
Or Clemson could have scored too, OR Clemson could have just run out the clock and gone into overtime. Who knows? There are a lot of uncertainties. The only thing that matters here is this : Aggies had their chance, and they did not capitalize on it. Outside of that, it’s all speculation.

Clemson don't have any tough games therefore ya'll are in for another high tide.

Had they hit an easy field goal early in the game, it would not of been an issue. The fact is that CU is much better than us. We can either whine about it or do something about it. Some posters around here who live vicariously through other, better teams, are pretty sad.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
Haha! Yeah, SEC don't need the NCAA!

Officials won the game? Sounds good! It wasnt a TD taken off the board. He fumbled but probably out of bounds. aTm still had to score and make a 2pt conversion. They didn't make the conversation after a TD. They would have eaten more time off the clock and tried an onside which they did and Clemson recovered. So aTm would have to get ball back and score again.

Say what you want, but the clock would have not been in aTm's favor and they still would have lost, 99% of the time. Sounds good that Clemson won and they should have lost!

Problem is aTm actually looks really good under Jimbo! Mond is a stud at QB. This will be a hard game this year!

Your orange glasses have gotten tiresome. Was it you that gave FGF the old "I went to both schools (tater undergrad/SC graduate school) in some manner and you're a tater first but pull for the G'cocks?" If it wasn't you, I apologize. If it was, then maybe you should hang out on taternet more than you do here cause you only post negative stuff about SC, then usually end it with some BS like "go cocks."

Actually, HUGE difference in having the ball at the 1 with over around 4.5 minutes to go vs a ref (and dumbass replay official) giving the ball to the taters at the 25 so they could run it down to 1 minute before tamu got the ball back. Lets say tamu has ball at 1 and scores but misses 2 point conversion with 4 minutes left.....they wouldn't even have to attempt the onside kick. But if they went ahead and attempted the onside with 4 minutes left, missed getting it, there was still time for a stop and another chance at a winning FG drive. NO guarantee it would happen, but you tell me who gained the BIG advantage by the call going tater way and allowing them to run the clock down to a minute. Your post otherwise acting like well TAMU scored anyway and missed the 2 pt conversion so what's the big deal is comical. Did you ever actually play a sport?

A monkey could see in fast and slow motion that ball flew out of bounds and did not break the plain of the goal/pylon. But hey, the refs had nothing to do with it.

I will agree with you on this.....I said after watching TAMU that they seized the moment, and we pooped the bed. I think from what I saw yesterday, that TAMU and UK are currently better than us. UT and FL can beat us, and Vandy may even. I hope I'm proven wrong cause the thought of losing to UK again is stomach churning. But we can also put this one behind us and make long strides. UGA is just better than us right now, so the shock has worn off quickly for me.

Reactions: roosterbell
Clemson won and it’s ACC...ONE, and SEC...Nothing. Better luck at the end of the year.

That's only if everything else had happened perfectly to set that up. It was never a lock to go down that way. A&M had their chance to put it in OT and win and they couldn't get it done. It's finis.

yeah Tater you can believe that SOS if you want to. ACC homer must have done that or it must be preseason crap. Go ahead - believe that playing N.C. State, Pitt and Syracuse is harder than playing Kentucky, Missouri. and A&M.

That has to be counting by playoff games

It does but you can change the date to not include the playoffs and it doesn't get closer. For the year I linked, changing the date to mid-Dec (prior to the playoffs/bowls) results in CU at #7 and SC at #65.

There is so much mental gymnastics that goes on here to make yourselves feel better. Usually I just laugh and don't comment, but the schedule thing gets brought up so much, someone needed to correct the record with some facts.

Clemson won and it’s ACC...ONE, and SEC...Nothing. Better luck at the end of the year.
Tater's record against last 4 SEC match-ups is 4-0.
Last 10 total SEC match-ups is 8-2.
Hate 'em like they need to be hatred, but don't fool yourself.

It does but you can change the date to not include the playoffs and it doesn't get closer. For the year I linked, changing the date to mid-Dec (prior to the playoffs/bowls) results in CU at #7 and SC at #65.

There is so much mental gymnastics that goes on here to make yourselves feel better. Usually I just laugh and don't comment, but the schedule thing gets brought up so much, someone needed to correct the record with some facts.
I know like when we were on our run against you. You were still playing for acc championshilps and we were 3rd or 4th place SEC team but better than you. Mental gymnast

Or Clemson could have scored too, OR Clemson could have just run out the clock and gone into overtime. Who knows? There are a lot of uncertainties. The only thing that matters here is this : Aggies had their chance, and they did not capitalize on it. Outside of that, it’s all speculation.
Youre so smart!!!!

That's only if everything else had happened perfectly to set that up. It was never a lock to go down that way. A&M had their chance to put it in OT and win and they couldn't get it done. It's finis.
Everything cant happen perfectly unless the first thing happens perfectly. First step screwed up the rest of the steps has to be screwed up.

Everything cant happen perfectly unless the first thing happens perfectly. First step screwed up the rest of the steps has to be screwed up.
If that were true, no one would ever successfully complete any task in which reversals were suffered earlier in the process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT