ADVERTISEMENT

Controversy at clempson.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Doesn’t sound good.

9787933.jpeg

Last edited:
Let's see if anyone grabs this and goes.

Plus, he's catching heat for some statement he made that wasn't "woke" enough. I can't EVER defend Dabo, but that's moronic.

Lastly, the Justyn Ross news will leave a mark. Plus, didn't Dabo put him back in after he was injured vs. Ohio State? Or is my memory off on that one?

As we both know, it’s only as big as the crooked media makes it.
True dat. And the thing is, that"curse" some claim we have is no more than the fact that the state is only .375 miles away from WillyB!!! The state sucks and swallows FWIW. Do 4give me 4 even mentioning that "bird cage filler" of a newspaper!!!

Remember, Dabo is a narcissist of the first order. He's shown it time and time again. If you've ever dealt with a narcissist (a real one) you can spot the signals pretty easily.

Anyway, narcissists can be incredibly successful. However, when painted into a corner, they can often lash out and make things worse. It would be interesting to see him truly cornered.

Let's see if anyone grabs this and goes.

Plus, he's catching heat for some statement he made that wasn't "woke" enough. I can't EVER defend Dabo, but that's moronic.

Lastly, the Justyn Ross news will leave a mark. Plus, didn't Dabo put him back in after he was injured vs. Ohio State? Or is my memory off on that one?

I don't recall about the OSU game. However, it cannot possibly be on Dabo for not knowing about a congenital spinal defect that Ross had played with his entire life and that nobody, doctors included, was aware of.

I don't recall about the OSU game. However, it cannot possibly be on Dabo for not knowing about a congenital spinal defect that Ross had played with his entire life and that nobody, doctors included, was aware of.
And it was by pure luck they caught it. I think he got a stinger in fall practice and it was found doing an MRI.

Reactions: okccock
https://thespun.com/acc/clemson-tigers/dabo-swinney-called-out-kanyon-tuttle-george-floyd-statement

This one digs into Swinneys anti Kaepernick statements from 2016

"Many pointed to Swinney’s 2016 diatribe against Colin Kaepernick, amid the San Francisco 49ers quarterback’s peaceful protests ahead of NFL games, as a clear example of Swinney missing the mark just a few years ago. After calling Kaepernick a “distraction to his team,” he implied that America’s issues weren’t about race, but “sin,” and said that people unhappy with it “need to move to another country.”

Swinney attempted to walk those back on Monday, calling his previous comments “harsh.”

https://thespun.com/acc/clemson-tigers/dabo-swinney-called-out-kanyon-tuttle-george-floyd-statement

This one digs into Swinneys anti Kaepernick statements from 2016

"Many pointed to Swinney’s 2016 diatribe against Colin Kaepernick, amid the San Francisco 49ers quarterback’s peaceful protests ahead of NFL games, as a clear example of Swinney missing the mark just a few years ago. After calling Kaepernick a “distraction to his team,” he implied that America’s issues weren’t about race, but “sin,” and said that people unhappy with it “need to move to another country.”

Swinney attempted to walk those back on Monday, calling his previous comments “harsh.”
Kaepernick WAS a distraction to his team. To the whole NFL

So let me get this straight, the former player is mad because a coach tried to correct his behavior (his words from the article) by repeating the word that he just used in reference to a teammate? I don’t like the word and do not use it to describe anyone, but if he is offended by the word, he should not have been using it either.

So let me get this straight, the former player is mad because a coach tried to correct his behavior (his words from the article) by repeating the word that he just used in reference to a teammate? I don’t like the word and do not use it to describe anyone, but if he is offended by the word, he should not have been using it either.
Some of these claims remind me of media claims about trump

The filibuster would be if he's a Republican, lol. Granted I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

Heck no. Lol. Dabo is insulated from controversy.

Looks like The State and local media will have to cover it now...

Clemson assistant Danny Pearman sorry for repeating racial slur

https://nypost.com/2020/06/03/clemson-assistant-danny-pearman-sorry-for-repeating-racial-slur/

CLEMSON, S.C. — Clemson assistant coach Danny Pearman said he made a “grave mistake” when he repeated a racial slur to ex-Tigers tight end D.J. Greenlee at practice three years ago.

The incident came to light Tuesday when former player Kanyon Tuttle posted about it on social media. Tuttle was responding to the school’s post of Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney’s comments Monday about the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis last week.

Floyd, a black man, died after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for several minutes even after Floyd stopped moving and pleading for air.

Tuttle’s post said, “You allowed a coach to call a player the N-word during practice with no repercussions. Not even a team apology.”

Pearman is white, and Greenlee is black.

Pearman said while he did not direct the slur at Greenlee, “I know there is no excuse for me using the language in any circumstance. I never should have repeated the phrase. It was wrong when I said it, and it is wrong today.”

Greenlee told The State of Columbia, South Carolina, that he and a teammate were having an argument and the tight end used the slur during the exchange. Pearman heard Greenlee and used it back. He was trying to “correct me by saying the” slur, Greenlee said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT